I am a dummy and I need help!

So okay, I realized a month into it my wallet isn’t staking, I typed the mintbox command, entered my password and got “Something went wrong”… Things kinda frustrating. Whats the solution?

Which Peerbox version? Which exact error message?

Edit: Someone just told me this: “i think the person on the forum confuses peerbox login password with walletpassphrase” maybe that could help…

Which Peerbox version? Which exact error message?

Edit: Someone just told me this: “i think the person on the forum confuses peerbox login password with walletpassphrase” maybe that could help…[/quote]You know I have an idea of what it might be, I was going to Say I didn’t encrypt the wallet so there should be no password to unlock the wallet but one must be on there to mint right? How do I set a wallet passphrase through putty?

If you don’t set a passphrase, minting is automatic.

to work with the wallet, ssh to the pi, type ppcoind -help
you will get a list of commands, including how to encrypt.

I am really frustrated with Peerbox and rather just switch over to a raspbian with peerunity running, I think I found a back up of my wallet and to test it I put it on my desktop client, now weirdly it showed the correct address as my receiving but none of the coins were there. The blockchain says I have around 75ppc but the windows wallet didn’t, any reason that might be before I try it on a pi version?

Hi Kingcolex,

Probably you downloaded the full blockchain and then replaced the wallet.dat file. In this case, the client will show your correct address, but eventually no coins, depending on what transactions are saved in your wallet.dat.
This happened to me when I bought my first Bitcoins.

You need to execute Peerunity with the option ‘-rescan’. Then the client will check the whole blockchain for transactions to your address.

If you don’t know how to set this option, ask again. Or google for it.
It’s nasty that the Bitcoin developers did not include this option into the debug console.

Before you do anything, make sure that you do not lose the wallet.dat file that is showing the correct address (i.e. the one where the Blockexplorer shows your coins). Put an additional copy on a USB.

[quote=“Ötzi, post:6, topic:3458”]Hi Kingcolex,

Probably you downloaded the full blockchain and then replaced the wallet.dat file. In this case, the client will show your correct address, but eventually no coins, depending on what transactions are saved in your wallet.dat.
This happened to me when I bought my first Bitcoins.

You need to execute Peerunity with the option ‘-rescan’. Then the client will check the whole blockchain for transactions to your address.

If you don’t know how to set this option, ask again. Or google for it.
It’s nasty that the Bitcoin developers did not include this option into the debug console.

Before you do anything, make sure that you do not lose the wallet.dat file that is showing the correct address (i.e. the one where the Blockexplorer shows your coins). Put an additional copy on a USB.[/quote]Sounds good, thanks man I will try this out tonight!