How would we know where the POS generated coins went to?

Hi,
I would like to find out how the POS generated coins went to; POW block is pretty clear cut, there is a output with an address where coins would go to. But for POS?

Example, http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/6bc2691f5556ed824822e1cd94d502987bcf834e84ac645c696428ac9fc38375, it just said “Generated coins are sent in the next transaction” and if I go to that transaction, there’s nothing there … so how would one know who will receive the coin …

The “next transaction” is actually the transaction just below.

Value out - value in = the generated coins.

[quote=“sigmike, post:2, topic:2064”]The “next transaction” is actually the transaction just below.

Value out - value in = the generated coins.[/quote]

Ah thanks so much!! Now I get it!

So am I correct to also say that the Input amount is the amount that was used to put to stake?
Also, why were there 2 outputs (using the example I provided) instead of just 1?

Yes.

The peercoin client does that when the the coins have more than 90 days (source code).

I think the idea behind that is if it takes more than 90 days to mint with these coins, it’s better for the security of the network to split them to increase the chances of finding PoS blocks with them. With 2 transaction outputs you have twice the chances of finding a block while not changing the global reward.