How many peercoins do I need to get the expectation of time-to-next-mint < month

This question follows from a 2014 comment
" so your 60000 coinage has 10 times more chances than the 6000 to match this condition"
so please can devs say if I’m misunderstanding or obselete.

In 2015 I got a handful of PPC and set the wallet app running, as there was much saying that the expectation of minting is about 1% APR interest but I could not find anything defining the variance. I’m the sort who will try stuff to find out. For example I knew that it would not arrive as twelve interest payments of 0.07% on the 1st of every month. So what would it do ? If one needed six million PPC before interest is expected on average every month then I’ll never have enough to see any minting, so there is no point in my holding PPC.

So far continuously running a wallet app for ten weeks containing 60 PPC unlocked for minting only, the number of times which I’ve had minting occur is …
never

I’m only expecting 0.6 PPC per year on average. Is the expectation of the time before the next minting event 1500 years ?
Is it not so bad as that ?
Please can someone explain or indicate what users need to know. If possible give empirical examples in the form
“I had X thousand PPC minting for T weeks last year, in which N minting events occurred giving me Y PPC”
Mine is
“I had 0.06 thousand PPC minting for 10 weeks last year, in which 0 minting events occurred giving me 0 PPC”

at 10 difficulty you have 92.887505% chance of finding a block in a year.
try and see it for you self: https://poscalculator.peercointalk.org/

alternatively, give me your public peercoin address and I’ll run a simulation till start of April to see if you ‘win’ something

PJss79anf35g6yVVCSqm44x3xt427rnBce

Balance 63.63 PPC
Stake 0.00 PPC
“wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked for block minting only”

“reserved” PPC not available for minting 3.63 PPC [I set that some time ago]
shouldn’t I see 60 in the stake?

The “stake” amount will change only when you actually mint a block. As long as your wallet is unlocked for minting, the client will attempt to find a block once every second.