How do you import old addresses into peerunity?

i used to use the peercoin client which had a few addresses in it. i then started using peerunity with a new set of addresses. the old addresses only hold a few peercoins but i would like to import them into the peerunity client - as an exercise more than anything. i have the wallet.dat both from the (older) peercoin client and from the (newer) peerunity client… can anyone help me out? thanks a lot…

in the ppc client:
click on ‘debug window’
select the ‘console’ tab
type: walletpassphrase “your walletpassphrase here” 600
type: dumpprivkey [your public key here]
this will return the private key, you can copy it now;

in de peerunity client:
click on ‘debug window’
select the ‘console’ tab
type
importprivkey “yourveryveryveryverylongprivatekeystring” “my-new-key”

wait 1-2 minutes

[member=32469]intergalactic[/member]
thanks for this. only problem is i don’t currently have the peercoin client installed - only peerunity. is there anyway to do this without having to reinstall it? all i have is the old wallet.dat that i got from backing up. thanks again for your help…

[quote=“r00tsical, post:3, topic:3425”][member=32469]intergalactic[/member]
thanks for this. only problem is i don’t currently have the peercoin client installed - only peerunity. is there anyway to do this without having to reinstall it? all i have is the old wallet.dat that i got from backing up. thanks again for your help…[/quote]

the wallets are exactly the same format. backup before you try, though.

instead of export and importing keys, you can simply do the switcheroo with wallet.dat files

thanks for the help… so this is what i think i will attempt…

1. find out my private key
  • backup the current peerunity wallet.dat
  • ‘switcheroo’ the current peerunity wallet.dat in my appdata folder for the old peercoin client wallet.dat
  • open peerunity
  • click on ‘debug window’
  • select the ‘console’ tab
  • type: walletpassphrase “your walletpassphrase here” 600
  • type: dumpprivkey [your public key here]
  • copy returned private key
  • close peerunity
  1. import my private key into current wallet
  • ‘switcheroo’ the old peercoin client wallet.dat in my appdata folder for the current peerunity wallet.dat
  • open peerunity
  • click on ‘debug window’
  • select the ‘console’ tab
  • type importprivkey “yourveryveryveryverylongprivatekeystring” “my-new-key”

does this sound right?
also, for the importprivkey command, is ‘my-new-key’ any string i choose or is it something particular- what does it denote?

thanks again…

that is right.
I don’t think ‘my-new-key’ is needed

thanks again for your help to you both.

i have just completed this successfully. just an extra step that you need to enter the walletpassphrase command before you import the private key/s with importprivkey.

only question i have is why do the transactions imported from the old wallet have the current date/time on them (they appear as the newest transactions in the wallet)? this also means that, in the minting tab, the balance from the old wallet shows as ‘too young’ when the transaction/s happened a long time ago…

sounds like a bug to me, what do you see when you restart peerunity?

Better look at the table shown in coin control (send->select)

There was a bug in the code causing this.
It has been corrected, so if you use at least a release candidate version of peerunity 0.1.2, your transactions will be displayed in the right order with the right transaction time.

Source code tarballs and binaries are there: https://github.com/Peerunity/Peerunity/releases

sweet thank you both! will try the newer version of peerunity - mine is currently v0.1.1…

i can confirm that installing peerunity v0.1.2 RC2 (on windows 8.1 x64) solved the problem and all transactions are in the right order and the right age. thanks again…