Happy Birthday Peercoin!

So 2 days ago Peercoin celebrated it’s 3rd birthday!! Hopefully the sleepless nights of having a terrible two year old are behind us now :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been thinking about this for a while and was gonna run some giveaway… got some peercoin tokens, a copy of the peercoin book, a few other peercoin goodies I have collected over the years, just need to organize it a bit. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

You could use a system similar to the MillionaireMakers.

Or you could just start a thread, have people reply, and run a srand() function a few times to pick winners. Not like we don’t trust you to be fair, Fuzzy.

[quote=“SigmundAlpha, post:2, topic:3609”]You could use a system similar to the MillionaireMakers.

Or you could just start a thread, have people reply, and run a srand() function a few times to pick winners. Not like we don’t trust you to be fair, Fuzzy.[/quote]

I was more thinking along the lines of participation can be rewarded and voted for by community although i do like the random anyone who posts in a thread is entered in the draw and choose the last hash of a certain peercoin block to determine winner or something…

Maybe …
most retweeted PPC Tweet
most upvoted reddit thread?
new peercoin memes?
articles added to the wiki?

I originally was thinking that I would get people to vote on who they would like to see win, each person can select 5 members of the community, ones with most votes wins? can’t vote for yourselves etc?

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:3, topic:3609”][quote=“SigmundAlpha, post:2, topic:3609”]You could use a system similar to the MillionaireMakers.

Or you could just start a thread, have people reply, and run a srand() function a few times to pick winners. Not like we don’t trust you to be fair, Fuzzy.[/quote]
Maybe …
most retweeted PPC Tweet
most upvoted reddit thread?
new peercoin memes?
articles added to the wiki?

I originally was thinking that I would get people to vote on who they would like to see win, each person can select 5 members of the community, ones with most votes wins? can’t vote for yourselves etc?[/quote]

A forum poll thread would be the easiest way to see the real numbers for votes. I would hold multiple events, with a prize for each one, like you said above, that have clear goals like most retweets, OR set up a RT raffle where everyone who RTs a specific tweet gets a chance at a random drawing of some kind.

Challenges of creativity would be cool to see too. Votes for the dankest peercoin meme would a pretty fun one.

TL;DR: I agree with you.

I can’t get the YouTube integration working… here it is:

[font=comic sans ms][size=24pt]Yea!!! :))
Happy Birthday Peercoin!!! [/size][/font]
:pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: ::slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[size=18pt]YEAH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/size]

:pearcoin: :pearcoin: :pearcoin: :pearcoin: :pearcoin:

…sorry for being late, Peercoin. But I know that you are rather patient.

Son’s birthday coincides with the birthday peercoin. Now I will celebrate this date the whole family :slight_smile: Happy birthday, man!

I just saw a post on btlk by Sunny King that it’s Peercoin’s Birthday today. Happy Birthday, Peercoin and Peercoiners! :slight_smile:

I must confess, it was not on purpose, but I just wrote another article, which is about Proof of Stake, where I mentioned how Peercoin’s PoS works https://bytecoin.org/blog/proof-of-stake-proof-of-work-comparison/. Hope you could take a look and tell me what you guys think about it ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Ray P., post:9, topic:3609”]I just saw a post on btlk by Sunny King that it’s Peercoin’s Birthday today. Happy Birthday, Peercoin and Peercoiners! :slight_smile:

I must confess, it was not on purpose, but I just wrote another article, which is about Proof of Stake, where I mentioned how Peercoin’s PoS works https://bytecoin.org/blog/proof-of-stake-proof-of-work-comparison/. Hope you could take a look and tell me what you guys think about it ::)[/quote]

Happy to see that you used my Peercoin Proof-of-stake diagram in your blog post :slight_smile:

I like the article. But some information is not completely up-to-date.
You already have one comment: Blog | Bytecoin (BCN) — anonymous cryptocurrency, based on CryptoNote :wink:

[quote=“mably, post:10, topic:3609”][quote=“Ray P., post:9, topic:3609”]I just saw a post on btlk by Sunny King that it’s Peercoin’s Birthday today. Happy Birthday, Peercoin and Peercoiners! :slight_smile:

I must confess, it was not on purpose, but I just wrote another article, which is about Proof of Stake, where I mentioned how Peercoin’s PoS works Blog | Bytecoin (BCN) — anonymous cryptocurrency, based on CryptoNote. Hope you could take a look and tell me what you guys think about it ::)[/quote]

Happy to see that you used my Peercoin Proof-of-stake diagram in your blog post :)[/quote]

Oh, that one was very descriptive. Yes, I kinda used it without your permission, hope that’s fine :slight_smile: (tell me whether I should link to your profile somewhere)

I like the article. But some information is not completely up-to-date.
You already have one comment: Blog | Bytecoin (BCN) — anonymous cryptocurrency, based on CryptoNote ;)[/quote]

Thank you for your exhaustive comments!

I’m gonna watch your current discussion with the Bytecoin devs and add my two cents a little later.

I’ve recently finished the second part, maybe you would be interested Blog | Bytecoin (BCN) — anonymous cryptocurrency, based on CryptoNote

Thanks again and sorry for off-top in the birthday thread

♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•¨¨•.¸¸¸.••♪ღ♪¸.•¨¨•.¸¸¸.••♪ღ♪•*
♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░░♪ღ♪
•♪ღ♪•.¸¸¸.•¨¨•.¸¸¸.••♪¸.•¨¨•.¸¸¸.••♪ღ♪•«