Good to see the Peercoin Progress

Good to see the progress you guys have been making, I’ve been following Peershares/Peerunity in the background. :slight_smile: To answer some of the questions that have trickled my way, yes, I still talk about Peercoin in presentations. CoinTropolis is starting to work with our local city to add cryptos, Peercoin is one of those that I mention. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say hello. :slight_smile:

Hi, how are you doing?

Glad you’re still promoting PPC every now and then, we do appreciate it.

Was curious about the decision to move the Star Trek convention from PPC to NXT. Is there any thing we could have done to hold our position in that?

Or was it an executive decision to do that? Our community was left wondering how to take it.

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:2397”][…]
Was curious about the decision to move the Star Trek convention from PPC to NXT.
[…][/quote]

Hi!

Yeah, I’m curious about that, too. What happened?

Good to see you’re doing fine as well. Your contributions have not been forgotten :slight_smile:

You should stop by more often !

I’m glad that you decided to visit John. It’s been too long.

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:2397”]Was curious about the decision to move the Star Trek convention from PPC to NXT. Is there any thing we could have done to hold our position in that?

Or was it an executive decision to do that? Our community was left wondering how to take it.[/quote]

John had told me on Facebook that Peercoin was still in the speeches he gave at the Star Trek event. I’m not sure how much he talked about it or if we had a small booth. I’ll let him expand upon that if he wants to.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:5, topic:2397”]I’m glad that you decided to visit John. It’s been too long.

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:2397”]Was curious about the decision to move the Star Trek convention from PPC to NXT. Is there any thing we could have done to hold our position in that?

Or was it an executive decision to do that? Our community was left wondering how to take it.[/quote]

John had told me on Facebook that Peercoin was still in the speeches he gave at the Star Trek event. I’m not sure how much he talked about it or if we had a small booth. I’ll let him expand upon that if he wants to.[/quote]

Lawrence kept the purchases of Peercoin exclusive until about the last few days. Unfortunately, there were no sales. :confused: He added Bitcoin/Litecoin/NXT toward the end hoping to get some ticket sales… still tough to get people to part with their crypto.

The booth was paid for by another CoinTropolis member, not me. The event was good size, however, we learned some solid lessons trying to talk about crypto to the general public. I gave a talk on crypto at the event… Bitcoin/Peercoin/NXT… small attendance unfortunately.

As for Peercoin, once you guys are on one of the bigger payment processors, it’ll be much easier to get businesses to accept Peer. I’ve been working with my local city to discuss ways they could take advantage of crypto. It was a good event, not nearly as big as expected, but definitely good.

I can only imagine. Confused people. Hard to wrap their minds around it in 30 seconds or less.

Principally you had Star Trek as their primary interest. Interesting. I always thought crypto would be accepted by nerds initially. Apparently trekkies are not nerds, who knew? (just kidding — it’s a joke really)

Any suggestions on which ones you think would be ideal?

While cash is plentiful, and so are credit cards and the like, the general public doesn’t really see a need for it (yet)

You’d probably do much better in Argentina where U.S. Dollars aren’t quite so easy to obtain. (youtube video)

Disclosing things like this is very helpful to the industry in general. Thank you JustaBitofTime, you did it… just in time. :slight_smile:

Head up people, this is what we may be dealing with on an ongoing basis. Confused general public who has no desire or want to try and understand why this is all necessary.

It’s quite an uphill battle from here…