Goals - Let's Outline our Short and Long Term Priorities

Dark Wallet integration

This project has received quite a lot of attention, one of the key developers is a frequent contributor to the Peercoin / Primecoin boards and indicated that he would like to help integrate PPC / XPM into Dark Wallet once it is launched next year. However, he needs a bit of help with coding. I can send the details if you want.

11. Mobile App

I will focus on Mobile App. I did a bit of research for iOS mobile app in cryptocurrency market. It seems like Apple does not allow bitcoin wallet. It has pulled down some apps that has bitcoin wallet from the appstore. May be they disallow that for the moment.

I will create a mobile app that contains BTC, LTC and PPC:-
a. Has a good charting with historical price.
b. The mobile app will also include some exchanges. (New users will know where to trade)
c. It also contains the news for these 3 coins.
d. Might include social features

I already engaged a designer friend and she already agreed to help me with the designs. I hope to release the First version a month from now. I will add more features into the app slowly depends on the feedback from the users.

3. Investor Literature

I really suggest that we should have a funding of some sort. I bet all the Peercoin owners want to see the value of the coin going up months after month. So, we really need a better community with talents in every area that help in developing the awareness of Peercoin. I believe some rewards to the volunpeers might help to motivate and work harder.

Unless I’ve missed it, I think there needs to be more clarity about the relationship between Peercoin and Primecoin: in Sunny’s vision, these coins are part of a two-pronged strategy. It would make sense that activism and other work is coordinated to some degree, to save duplicated effort if nothing else. At present newcomers to this board are bound be confused about the relationship of the coins.

What might be good:
Agreement about joint activism (e.g. joint stalls at meetings)
Links between their respective websites
A joint FAQ page describing the strengths of the two coins and how they complement each other.

I agree that we should start looking at Peercoin and Primecoin together.
I think we also need to thing about getting some funds/bounties together.

Perhaps we should also think about investments to get more Peercoin businesses up.

We need to Unify and then test our branding message

In the chat we recently talked about incorporating more green into the site to play off of our sustainability and security angle.

There has been lots of chat about PoS - had an idea how to market the idea in addition to being green and secure… Another tag line could include the idea of that Peercoin rewards you for using it. EG

Peercoin: “Stake claim to your reward.”
(play on words)

Or something similar.

We can then do some A/B testing with the site with the different branding focuses (one focusing on being green, one on being rewarding) and measure click through to download the client, whitepaper, etc to see which engages users more. This is of course a project for later on.

This skydrive has some business card mockups for use during in-person meetings. Should mod them later to match our eventual brand identity https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=01198b965207fb78&id=1198B965207FB78!117&ithint=folder,.png&authkey=!AJqeKYfm1WjPNSU

[quote=“iheartcryptocoin, post:25, topic:928”]We need to Unify and then test our branding message

In the chat we recently talked about incorporating more green into the site to play off of our sustainability and security angle.

There has been lots of chat about PoS - had an idea how to market the idea in addition to being green and secure… Another tag line could include the idea of that Peercoin rewards you for using it. EG

(play on words)

Or something similar.

AJqeKYfm1WjPNSU[/quote]

Another option Sentinelrv and I played around with was “Peercoin: The Future is At Stake”.

Future-focused, implying that Bitcoin’s dominance won’t last forever, and it gives the brand some emotional impact. Of course, if you don’t know Peercoin uses Proof-of-Stake, it might just look like an amateurish spelling error.

A new version of Kickstarter, accepting PPC (and other major cryptocurrencies).

[quote=“iheartcryptocoin, post:25, topic:928”]We need to Unify and then test our branding message

(play on words)

Or something similar.

We can then do some A/B testing with the site with the different branding focuses (one focusing on being green, one on being rewarding) and measure click through to download the client, whitepaper, etc to see which engages users more. This is of course a project for later on.

This skydrive has some business card mockups for use during in-person meetings. Should mod them later to match our eventual brand identity https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=01198b965207fb78&id=1198B965207FB78%21117&ithint=folder,.png&authkey=!AJqeKYfm1WjPNSU[/quote]

I’m afraid that tag line won’t mean anything to people who don’t know yet what proof-of-stake is. I like the tag line we have now: “The sustainable and secure cryptocurrency”. It pretty much says everything we need it to right? Peercoin is sustainable because it doesn’t require vast amounts of energy to function, which also makes it more secure.

I also think we should limit how much green we use. I looked at the mockups you did for the business cards. I liked the ones with the black and white background, but not the green one. The black and white background helps make the green leaf in the logo stand out more. Those colors also look more professional than green in my opinion.

Security - would like some shared ideas and pooling of advice on just double checking the forum and server are as secure as possible and I have not done anything stupid or careless etc… have tech guy here asking but would like communities input as well

also need SSL certificates for the forum and all our other big sites really just adds nice professional image and gives peace of mind to our investors

Fuzzybear

This is a very well written introduction to Bitcoin from Wired magazine.

We could adapt its design and style for an into to peercoin

I’ll update all your thoughts in the main document tomorrow. Right now, recovering from turkey coma.

I would recommend a SSL Certificate from https://www.startssl.com/. It’s free for one year and the root CA is included in most browsers.

I’d recommend everyone take a SERIOUS look at this advanced features talk on Bitcoin:

http://bitcoinne.ws/advanced-features-of-the-bitcoin-protocal-with-mike-hearn/

Contracts

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts

One of our goals should be to try and close the gender gap as mentioned in another thread Herr. No idea how to do it,but if we have it as one of our goals it would be a good start

Page 1 items updated, working on page 2 (please see main post).

All posts updated.

One of our goals is to let more and more merchants to accept and use Peercoin. One important start step is to use Peercoin online, so I recommend to contact with the VPS, VPN, domain registration providers to support and accept Peercoin. For example, now we can buy one month VPS with only one Peercoin. The average person can mine one Peercoin very easily right now. The merchants can also accumulate the “interest” by PoS mining.

1. Is there a list of all the merchants that accept Bitcoins? Maybe target them first since they are obviously open to accepting cryptocurrency. What would be nice is if most merchants that accepted Bitcoins would also accept Peercoin/Litecoin which would send the message that these altcoins are equally legitimate. Elevate them to Bitcoin status! I think that’s better (and more likely) than a merchant accepting just Peercoin and not the others.

Sort of similar concept with exchanges. Is there any reason why Camp BX is not on the list of exchanges we should contact? I have an account with them and can contact them to request adding Peercoin. I opened the account when I became interested in Bitcoin but then never bought any because now I’m more interested in Peercoin. Camp BX seems very legitimate and is U.S. based.

1. On mobile apps: I agree a wallet would be very nice, but probably much easier and also nice is something like btcReport (iOS) that shows latest prices for Bitcoin. Part of the attraction to cryptocurrency is that it is interesting and fun, and being able to follow it in an easy and fun way can help maintain that interest. Also, I have (though never used) a mobile wallet for Bitcoin on Nokia N9. It had good reviews, so I will contact its developer to persuade him/her to make one for Peercoin. I know, the N9 is not widely used but geeky types who would also be interested in cryptocurrency tend to have it; it has Linux-based OS like Android and should be relatively easy to port to/from that. If Apple doesn’t allow wallets on iOS now, I’m worried that this may not change, at least for a significant time, so maybe initial investment should be in the Linux-based OSes (Meego, Sailfish, Android). Plus we could all contact Apple and request allowing wallets; surely there would be wallets by now if there were not issues with that.

Need a team to start off the wiki, if we are going to have one: basically just copy/link the best guides and texts from the forum and around the internet, encourage people here to refer to these. Important make it look neat: wikis often fail because that organisation and look is poor.

Web/PoS: I was thinking of a visualisation of PoS as well: is it possible to have a simple tracker on the website visualising (something like) the changing proportion of new coins being produced by PoW and PoS (something like this: I’m not exactly sure how it would look)? This would would be a good starting point to illustrate the twin benefits of PoS.

I’m keen to try to link with economists as well.

Ben is starting to work on the wiki here…

[b]http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364.0[/b]