Goals - Let's Outline our Short and Long Term Priorities

Dec 26 Update

[size=18pt]Goals - Let’s Outline our Short and Long Term Priorities[/size]

1. Web development

[Sentinelrv] “We need a Press link for all the articles being done about us. We could also add the weekly newsletter to the website, so it’s not just being posted on BitcoinTalk. It will give people a reason to revisit the website for news.”

[Yurizhai] “Currently the link to the Peercoin site from coinmarketcap.com instead goes to ppcoin.org which I get a malware warning from. A couple of us have already PM’d the owner and posted in the thread to fix it. I just know a lot of us like to use that site and it’s not a good thing for new people. Other than that, perhaps individual pages that really explain some of the features of Peercoin.”

[FuzzyBear] “need to finish off localpeercoins.org… will look to open this up a lot more and get team working on this, hopefully sort out this weekend”

Primary: FuzzyBear
Secondary: algiuxas
Management:

2. Wallet enhancements

[Yurizhai] "-Peercoin name and logo added.

-Interface lag for stake fixed, some newer people get scared such as: http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1r9apd/i_must_still_not_be_understanding_something_with/"

[Alertness] "GUI for PoS minting. We need to make it so it is VERY easy for non-techy people. No editing files, coding, etc. Just simple checkbox or a button to turn on minting, with a way to set the reserve balance.

“keep it simple stupid” is important!"

[Ben] “Wallet prototype – even if we’re not going to have the development resources to make the changes up front, if we can get ourselves into position with a well-defined UI roadmap, we’ll be able to make huge strides once we have the team to dedicate resources towards it.”

[Valermos] "I think we should redesign the peercoin client. We are usung (just as every(!) other coin) the same design
To show that we are different, we should consider to replace (and harmonize) some icons and refresh the layout. I recently forked ppcoin. If I find some time I’ll try to create a fresh prototype of it.

But (atm) I’m not much expierenced with C(++) or graphic design, so don’t expect to much. If someone has the experience/time to do it, don’t hesitate. We could collect all new designs and vote for our favorite."

Primary:
Secondary: Ben, Valermos, vpereira
Management:

=====

3. Investor Literature

[Sentinelrv] “I believe hammyburger is working on a brochure. He mentioned posting a first draft last week I think.”

[NinjaFocus100] "I really suggest that we should have a funding of some sort. I bet all the Peercoin owners want to see the value of the coin going up months after month. So, we really need a better community with talents in every area that help in developing the awareness of Peercoin. I believe some rewards to the volunpeers might help to motivate and work harder. "

[JustaBitofTime] Wesphily is leading the charge

Primary: Wesphily
Secondary: Monocle
Management:

=====

4. Payment Processors

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary: vpereira
Management:

=====

5. Bitcoin Conference Organizer

[JustaBitofTime] Helps coordinate efforts of getting people to the conferences, making sure materials are ready and helping setting reporting format.

Primary:
Secondary: vpereira
Management:

=====

6. PoS Visualization

[Yurizhai] “GUI for PoS. It’s incredible how many of the new faces I’ve seen don’t even know PoS is a thing with PPC!”

[Ben] “Improve the quality of the resources we have that explain how Peercoin works (PoS, transactions, wallet installation, etc.)”

[NinjaBoob] (reference to Ben’s statement above) “agree on this. I see a lot of Forex and Share traders coming onboard the PPC train in our WhatsApp group.”

[Eugen] “Web/PoS: I was thinking of a visualisation of PoS as well: is it possible to have a simple tracker on the website visualising (something like) the changing proportion of new coins being produced by PoW and PoS (something like this: I’m not exactly sure how it would look)? This would would be a good starting point to illustrate the twin benefits of PoS.”

Primary:
Secondary: Ben, Jimmy, vpereira
Management:

=====

7. Create a ‘How to buy Peercoin’ similar to this document: https://medium.com/bitcoin-bits-1/30382f84fbdd

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary: FuzzyBear, Monocle
Management:

=====

8. Media Blitz

[JustaBit] “Need to turn over control over the swarm teams”

Primary:
Secondary: MeBeingAwesome
Management:

=====

9. Max Keiser Awareness

[blah blah]

Primary:
Management:

=====

10. Additional Developers for Sunny

[MeBeingAwesome] “#1 should be more support for Sunny. We’ve built a great baseline community infrastructure, but it’s all hinging on the fact that one unknown genius is continuing to develop everything (as far as we can tell) on his own. To keep pace with other cryptos (both in development and in investor confidence that the coin will be around in 30 years) we need to focus on getting top talent onto our development team.”

[Mcgin] “Biggest risk to PPC at the moment is Sunny being the only dev. So I’d like to see a focus on getting him support.”

[d5000] “I also think that the expansion of the development team is top priority for now.”

[JustaBitofTime] “I’ve emailed Sunny with your concerns as well as questions surrounding releases”

[JustaBitofTime] Sunny King Update: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=990.msg10596#msg10596
“Dedicated to adding to the team as well as publishing the 0.4 for our development community”

Primary: vpereira, McGin
Secondary: FuzzyBear, Ben,
Management:

=====

11. Mobile App

[NinjaFocus100] "I will focus on Mobile App. I did a bit of research for iOS mobile app in cryptocurrency market. It seems like Apple does not allow bitcoin wallet. It has pulled down some apps that has bitcoin wallet from the appstore. May be they disallow that for the moment.

I will create a mobile app that contains BTC, LTC and PPC:-
a. Has a good charting with historical price.
b. The mobile app will also include some exchanges. (New users will know where to trade)
c. It also contains the news for these 3 coins.
d. Might include social features

I already engaged a designer friend and she already agreed to help me with the designs. I hope to release the First version a month from now. I will add more features into the app slowly depends on the feedback from the users. "

[DINI] "On mobile apps: I agree a wallet would be very nice, but probably much easier and also nice is something like btcReport (iOS) that shows latest prices for Bitcoin. Part of the attraction to cryptocurrency is that it is interesting and fun, and being able to follow it in an easy and fun way can help maintain that interest. Also, I have (though never used) a mobile wallet for Bitcoin on Nokia N9. It had good reviews, so I will contact its developer to persuade him/her to make one for Peercoin. I know, the N9 is not widely used but geeky types who would also be interested in cryptocurrency tend to have it; it has Linux-based OS like Android and should be relatively easy to port to/from that. If Apple doesn’t allow wallets on iOS now, I’m worried that this may not change, at least for a significant time, so maybe initial investment should be in the Linux-based OSes (Meego, Sailfish, Android). Plus we could all contact Apple and request allowing wallets; surely there would be wallets by now if there were not issues with that.”

Primary:
Secondary: FuzzyBear
Management:

=====

12. Community Video

[wantrepreneur] “whoever made the FTC video did an awesome job; would love to be included in this!”

[Sentinelrv] “I agree with wantrepreneur. We need the guy who did the Feathercoin video.”

Primary: Tonyshen
Secondary: Jimmy
Management:

=====

12A. What is Peercoin Video

[JustaBitoftime] I was behind this project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aglqt6NQoE

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

13. Merchant Services

[Bagog] "
Regarding Merchants

Firstly we need a Bitpay type service for Peercoin, but barring that we need to make a guide on how to accept Peercoin for merchants.

Guide on how to accept Peercoin for merchants

This should basically start with outlining how to actually download and install the peercoin client,

and go on to say how to generate QR codes, how to back up their wallets.

Then comes the important part. We also need to show them how to get funds out of Peercoin into USD.
For this we need to look at exchanges which allow easy US and Canadian withdrawls, have low fees(Fees cannot be above one percent all inclusive - we need an incentive over credit cards/paypal), and possibly details a possible risk minimizing method of withdrawing funds.

We also need to show that Peercoin is a currency which can actually buy stuff

There are multiple steps to this.

1. Merchant acceptance, Merchants aren’t likely to accept Peercoin if there isn’t any demand
    we should therefore start by creating a list of potential merchants, preferably those selling online services such as Vpns, Seedboxes, VPMs, Cloud storage, etc… putting it somewhere visible, and asking the Peercoin community to email them whenver they’re buying a service, and asking that they implement Peercoin payments. If we have created the guide at this point they could also include a link to the guide.

2. Community acceptance, One possible way to kick this off is by creating an active Reddit Peercoin market, where users can exchange digital goods for PPC.

I’ve a mod of a new subreddit to that effect http://www.reddit.com/r/PPCmarket/, but we can easily create another one if the name is unappealing as there are currently no posts. We can take a page from BTCmarkets book, and start by creating a sticky reputation thread. Early goods or services could include Reddit Gold for Peercoin, Humble Bundle games for Peercoin, and extra game codes for Peercoin.

1. We need a good, reliable Peercoin escrow service where users can trade goods for Peercoin, or vice versa."

[DINI] "Is there a list of all the merchants that accept Bitcoins? Maybe target them first since they are obviously open to accepting cryptocurrency. What would be nice is if most merchants that accepted Bitcoins would also accept Peercoin/Litecoin which would send the message that these altcoins are equally legitimate. Elevate them to Bitcoin status! I think that’s better (and more likely) than a merchant accepting just Peercoin and not the others.

Sort of similar concept with exchanges. Is there any reason why Camp BX is not on the list of exchanges we should contact? I have an account with them and can contact them to request adding Peercoin. I opened the account when I became interested in Bitcoin but then never bought any because now I’m more interested in Peercoin. Camp BX seems very legitimate and is U.S. based.”

[Jimmy] “One of our goals is to let more and more merchants to accept and use Peercoin. One important start step is to use Peercoin online, so I recommend to contact with the VPS, VPN, domain registration providers to support and accept Peercoin. For example, now we can buy one month VPS with only one Peercoin. The average person can mine one Peercoin very easily right now. The merchants can also accumulate the “interest” by PoS mining.”

Primary: Bagog
Secondary: Monocle
Management:

=====

14. 3D Globe

[Irritant] “idea: make a https://blockchain.info/nl/nodes-globe for peercoin (a 3D world map of all the nodes)”

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

15. Volunpeer Recruitment / New User Management

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

16. Local Peercoins (Fuzzy)

[blah blah]

Management:

=====

17. Revamped Tutorials

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary: FuzzyBear, Dini
Management:

=====

18. Features Development - Direction

[Romerun] "How about cloning projects - like making existing btc opensource softwares/services to work with ppc ?

things like mycelium android wallet should be relatively easy to transplant to PPC"

[Sebsebzen] “Dark Wallet Integration - This project has received quite a lot of attention, one of the key developers is a frequent contributor to the Peercoin / Primecoin boards and indicated that he would like to help integrate PPC / XPM into Dark Wallet once it is launched next year. However, he needs a bit of help with coding. I can send the details if you want.”

[Notabot] “I’d like to see the wallet with improved ease for turning on/off POS minting. Always lots of questions on that topic.”

Primary:
Secondary: Ben, vpereira
Management:

=====

19. Social Media

[MeBeingAwesome] "We need a dedicated Weibo (Chinese Twitter) social media manager that Sentinelrv (Facebook/Youtube) and myself (Twitter) can coordinate with. "

Primary: MeBeingAwesome, Redlee, Jimmy
Secondary: Monocle, Harvey
Management:

=====

20. CoinMap For Peer - http://coinmap.org/

[blah blah]

Primary:
Management:

=====

21. Video Conference Updates

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

22. Support Ticket System

[JustaBitofTIme] “Thinking about something that will not only help us, but Sunny as well. Zendesk comes to mind.”

Primary: Samcy
Secondary: Ben
Management:

=====

23. Chinese Exchanges

[blah blah]

Primary: Monocle
Secondary: Harvey
Management:

=====

24. Peertome - Fuzzy

[Fuzzy]http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1654.msg12751;topicseen#msg12751

Secondary:
Management:

=====

25. Peercoin Kickstarter Idea

[LightBWK] “A new version of Kickstarter, accepting PPC (and other major cryptocurrencies).”

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

26. Female Leaders in Peercoin Community

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

27. ** Repeat **

=====

28. Economist Reach-Out Program

[blah blah]

Primary:
Secondary:
Management:

=====

29. Tech Support

[Ben] “Coordinate a “tech support” group of volunpeers who can run webinars or IRC sessions to get new users up to speed and work through any issues that are uncovered. If an issue is discovered during these sessions, they need to be made priorities for review/fixes, if they will impact brand perception or integrity.”

Primary:
Secondary: Ben
Management:

=====

30. Historian

[MBA] "
I think it would be great to have an official historian. They would be responsible for keeping a detailed log of big events in PPC’s history, updating it to Wikipedia, and creating supplementary materials like timelines and infographics. Would be a niche position, but it would be great to have for marketing purposes and quick references.

This position would give the more artistically-minded (or verbally-minded) individuals in our community something to do in the midst of all the technical development."

Primary:
Management:

=====

31. Articles

[FuzzyBear] “Sort out a team of writers to write articles for peercoins on devtome and use devcoins to buy peercoins and support price even further”

Secondary: Bagog
Management:

=====

32. Misc

[Eugen] "Unless I’ve missed it, I think there needs to be more clarity about the relationship between Peercoin and Primecoin: in Sunny’s vision, these coins are part of a two-pronged strategy. It would make sense that activism and other work is coordinated to some degree, to save duplicated effort if nothing else. At present newcomers to this board are bound be confused about the relationship of the coins.

What might be good:
Agreement about joint activism (e.g. joint stalls at meetings)
Links between their respective websites
A joint FAQ page describing the strengths of the two coins and how they complement each other."

[Super3] "I agree that we should start looking at Peercoin and Primecoin together.
I think we also need to thing about getting some funds/bounties together.

Perhaps we should also think about investments to get more Peercoin businesses up. "

[iheartcryptocoin] "This is a very well written introduction to Bitcoin from Wired magazine.

We could adapt its design and style for an into to peercoin

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/11/bitcoin-survival-guide/"

Primary:
Secondary: Dini
Management:

=====

33. Branding

[iheartcryptocoin] "We need to Unify and then test our branding message

In the chat we recently talked about incorporating more green into the site to play off of our sustainability and security angle.

There has been lots of chat about PoS - had an idea how to market the idea in addition to being green and secure… Another tag line could include the idea of that Peercoin rewards you for using it. EG

Peercoin: “Stake claim to your reward.”
(play on words)

Or something similar.

We can then do some A/B testing with the site with the different branding focuses (one focusing on being green, one on being rewarding) and measure click through to download the client, whitepaper, etc to see which engages users more. This is of course a project for later on.

This skydrive has some business card mockups for use during in-person meetings. Should mod them later to match our eventual brand identity https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=01198b965207fb78&id=1198B965207FB78!117&ithint=folder,.png&authkey=!AJqeKYfm1WjPNSU"

[MBA] "Another option Sentinelrv and I played around with was “Peercoin: The Future is At Stake”.

Future-focused, implying that Bitcoin’s dominance won’t last forever, and it gives the brand some emotional impact. Of course, if you don’t know Peercoin uses Proof-of-Stake, it might just look like an amateurish spelling error."

[Sentinelrv] (response to MBA above) "I’m afraid that tag line won’t mean anything to people who don’t know yet what proof-of-stake is. I like the tag line we have now: “The sustainable and secure cryptocurrency”. It pretty much says everything we need it to right? Peercoin is sustainable because it doesn’t require vast amounts of energy to function, which also makes it more secure.

I also think we should limit how much green we use. I looked at the mockups you did for the business cards. I liked the ones with the black and white background, but not the green one. The black and white background helps make the green leaf in the logo stand out more. Those colors also look more professional than green in my opinion."

Primary: MeBeingAwesome
Secondary: Dini
Management:

=====

34. Security

[FuzzyBear] "would like some shared ideas and pooling of advice on just double checking the forum and server are as secure as possible and I have not done anything stupid or careless etc… have tech guy here asking but would like communities input as well

also need SSL certificates for the forum and all our other big sites really just adds nice professional image and gives peace of mind to our investors"

Secondary: McGin
Management:

=====

35. Peercoin Wiki

[JustaBitofTIme] Ben is leading the charge

Primary: Ben
Secondary: AnonymousEntity
Management:

=====

36. Women Outreach

[MBA] “I was daydreaming last night while browsing our 800+ Twitter followers and noticed less than 10 appear to be female. big untapped market…are there any major women in technology groups we could contact about becoming associated with Peercoin?”

idea: make a https://blockchain.info/nl/nodes-globe for peercoin (a 3D world map of all the nodes)

Promotional video;

whoever made the FTC video did an awesome job; would love to be included in this!

Biggest risk to PPC at the moment is Sunny being the only dev. So I’d like to see a focus on getting him support.

Just adding some tidbits:
Web Development- Currently the link to the Peercoin site from coinmarketcap.com instead goes to ppcoin.org which I get a malware warning from. A couple of us have already PM’d the owner and posted in the thread to fix it. I just know a lot of us like to use that site and it’s not a good thing for new people.

Other than that, perhaps individual pages that really explain some of the features of Peercoin.

Wallet enhancements

-Peercoin name and logo added.
-Interface lag for stake fixed, some newer people get scared such as: http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1r9apd/i_must_still_not_be_understanding_something_with/

PoS Visualization
-GUI for PoS. It’s incredible how many of the new faces I’ve seen don’t even know PoS is a thing with PPC!

1. Web development

We need a Press link for all the articles being done about us. We could also add the weekly newsletter to the website, so it’s not just being posted on BitcoinTalk. It will give people a reason to revisit the website for news.

3. Investor Literature

I believe hammyburger is working on a brochure. He mentioned posting a first draft last week I think.

12. Community Video

I agree with wantrepreneur. We need the guy who did the Feathercoin video.

Updated. Let’s hear from more volunpeers.

I also think that the expansion of the development team is top priority for now.

19. Social Media

We need a dedicated Weibo (Chinese Twitter) social media manager that Sentinelrv (Facebook/Youtube) and myself (Twitter) can coordinate with.

• Development, development, development. We have a large gap to make up when compared against the Bitcoin or Litecoin development groups.

• Improve the quality of the resources we have that explain how Peercoin works (PoS, transactions, wallet installation, etc.)

• Coordinate a “tech support” group of volunpeers who can run webinars or IRC sessions to get new users up to speed and work through any issues that are uncovered. If an issue is discovered during these sessions, they need to be made priorities for review/fixes, if they will impact brand perception or integrity.

• Wallet prototype – even if we’re not going to have the development resources to make the changes up front, if we can get ourselves into position with a well-defined UI roadmap, we’ll be able to make huge strides once we have the team to dedicate resources towards it.

Definitely this! We haven’t even started on the wiki yet. Not sure what’s going on with it or who is supposed to be setting it up. We’ll need to have people that understand all the fine details behind Peercoin and proof-of-stake to help build this resource.

GUI for PoS minting. We need to make it so it is VERY easy for non-techy people. No editing files, coding, etc. Just simple checkbox or a button to turn on minting, with a way to set the reserve balance.

“keep it simple stupid” is important!

How about cloning projects - like making existing btc opensource softwares/services to work with ppc ?

things like mycelium android wallet should be relatively easy to transplant to PPC

New idea: Historian

I think it would be great to have an official historian. They would be responsible for keeping a detailed log of big events in PPC’s history, updating it to Wikipedia, and creating supplementary materials like timelines and infographics. Would be a niche position, but it would be great to have for marketing purposes and quick references.

This position would give the more artistically-minded (or verbally-minded) individuals in our community something to do in the midst of all the technical development.

Gliss, the owner of coinmarketcap fixed the site issue. It now correctly links to peercoin.net.

[quote=“Alertness, post:12, topic:928”]GUI for PoS minting. We need to make it so it is VERY easy for non-techy people. No editing files, coding, etc. Just simple checkbox or a button to turn on minting, with a way to set the reserve balance.

“keep it simple stupid” is important![/quote]\

agree on this.
I see a lot of Forex and Share traders coming onboard the PPC train in our WhatsApp group.

[size=14pt]Regarding Merchants[/size]

Firstly we need a Bitpay type service for Peercoin, but barring that we need to make a guide on how to accept Peercoin for merchants.

[size=14pt]Guide on how to accept Peercoin for merchants[/size]

This should basically start with outlining how to actually download and install the peercoin client,

and go on to say how to generate QR codes, how to back up their wallets.

Then comes the important part. We also need to show them how to get funds out of Peercoin into USD.
For this we need to look at exchanges which allow easy US and Canadian withdrawls, have low fees(Fees cannot be above one percent all inclusive - we need an incentive over credit cards/paypal), and possibly details a possible risk minimizing method of withdrawing funds.

[size=14pt]We also need to show that Peercoin is a currency which can actually buy stuff[/size]

There are multiple steps to this.

[size=12pt]1. Merchant acceptance, Merchants aren’t likely to accept Peercoin if there isn’t any demand [/size]
we should therefore start by creating a list of potential merchants, preferably those selling online services such as Vpns, Seedboxes, VPMs, Cloud storage, etc… putting it somewhere visible, and asking the Peercoin community to email them whenver they’re buying a service, and asking that they implement Peercoin payments. If we have created the guide at this point they could also include a link to the guide.

[size=12pt]2. Community acceptance, One possible way to kick this off is by creating an active Reddit Peercoin market, where users can exchange digital goods for PPC.[/size]

I’ve a mod of a new subreddit to that effect http://www.reddit.com/r/PPCmarket/, but we can easily create another one if the name is unappealing as there are currently no posts. We can take a page from BTCmarkets book, and start by creating a sticky reputation thread. Early goods or services could include Reddit Gold for Peercoin, Humble Bundle games for Peercoin, and extra game codes for Peercoin.

[size=12pt]3. We need a good, reliable Peercoin escrow service where users can trade goods for Peercoin, or vice versa.[/size]

2. Wallet enhancements:
I think we should redesign the peercoin client.
We are usung (just as every(!) other coin) the same design!
To show that we are different, we should consider to replace (and harmonize) some icons and refresh the layout.
I recently forked ppcoin. If I find some time I’ll try to create a fresh prototype of it.
But (atm) I’m not much expierenced with C(++) or graphic design, so don’t expect to much.
If someone has the expierence/time to do it, don’t hesitate.
We could collect all new designs and vote for our favorite.

1. Additional Developers for Sunny

I tried to help him, but he keeps the development private, or at least he didn’t want to put me on the loop. He answered my pull request politely, but looks like he wants no help at all.

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid