@Goals:#18 - android wallet

@nov
As noted earlier SPV syncing is pointless - PPC needs full tx index, possibly pruned.
To play with nodes you have to create custom handlers, I’ll check my playground and give you examples.

I still do not understand much. Is there any advantage to use peercoinJ instead of full peercoind client in that case?

[quote=“kac-, post:21, topic:1242”]@nov
As noted earlier SPV syncing is pointless - PPC needs full tx index, possibly pruned.
To play with nodes you have to create custom handlers, I’ll check my playground and give you examples.[/quote]

You ask abt Android Native SDK? I don’t have exp with it but it would be fun to have such port. Any thoughts?
BitcoinJ is mature and well written library, currently I want to use it[keystore, transaction creation/signing] for mobile wallet with Peercoin/Unity client as back-end server[vps or R-pi] (please see & comment Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!). I choose it instead of full java implementation because it’s easier to get it working( and secure), especially with low count of java coders here (yet).

Promised examples: Commits · kac-/peercoinj · GitHub

I do not understand exactly this

“As noted earlier SPV syncing is pointless - PPC needs full tx index, possibly pruned.”

That it is why I ask whether peercoinJ will speed up synchronisation and if it would allow to avoid of need of whole block chain huge file?

You ask abt Android Native SDK? I don’t have exp with it but it would be fun to have such port. Any thoughts?
BitcoinJ is mature and well written library, currently I want to use it[keystore, transaction creation/signing] for mobile wallet with Peercoin/Unity client as back-end server[vps or R-pi] (please see & comment Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!). I choose it instead of full java implementation because it’s easier to get it working( and secure), especially with low count of java coders here (yet).

Promised examples: https://github.com/kac-/peercoinj/commits/early-stage-playground[/quote]

It could speed up synchronization but relying only on block headers and merkle branches with POS would be worse than verifying txs with some blockchain explorer. Peercoin isn’t SPV friendly.

So what is your suggestion how to solve this situation?

So how to connect peercoinJ to some blockchain explorer?

Blockr.io and bkchain.org have API suitable for simple wallet implementation http://ppc.blockr.io/documentation/api
You can use ‘Wallet’ class as a store for keys and wallet transactions, explorer to query address state, latest transactions and push new transactions to the network.