Getting rid of spammy users with zero posts at peercointalk.org?

Is it possible to get rid of all those spammy users as displayed under Users at the bottom of the peercointalk.org homepage?

Names like:
neoddereicy, Geptabats, HesteHobabaks, Conexcene, Druseidedia, Smetbatassaub, jeonnonfoup, encaneilk, olszeww0, HonEneniKig, Insurfurbar, SteemoClieple, snincLernAger,
are clearly random names. I noticed that some active users are highlighted with some purple colour. Would it be possible to display those random users with <1 post in a very light grey/green so you would have a hard time seeing them given the current background colour.

This assuming you can’t get rid of them by other means. Sometimes targeting symptoms is preferable instead of solving root cause (at least in the short term).

Not sure if anyone else has a problem with this or whether it has been raised before, but it just annoys me from time to time when I look who is on-line.

Hope you can have a look into it between all those other more important issues and deadlines.

made the users with <2 posts a light pink colour

will remove some spam user accounts soon

Fuzzybear

big cull of spam users…

sry if your account has been deleted but only accounts with no posts and no activity since feb 01 2014 have been deleted, users can resign up with same email.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:2, topic:2243”]made the users with <2 posts a light pink colour

will remove some spam user accounts soon

Fuzzybear[/quote]
Awesome, that cleared up the muddy waters. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Fuzzy.

Instead of the light pink colour, is it possible to replace them with a single “space” character? This way we can get more legitimate users on the screen?

Also, no activity and no posts since February 01, 2014 is good. I like the fact you didn’t do March 1st in case some one was on vacation, etc.

I don’t know how SMF works, but in phpBB if you delete users, the database tables still are huge. Double check those on your side.

for my reference http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=377031.0

looking to remove the signature for non posting users.

unfortunately PPcman looks like i can’t replace the users names in the list with only a space that easily, but if i find a way i shall :slight_smile: or only show users that have more than 1 post or something

Fuzzybear

change the fontsize of them to really small?

Some new features brought in to hopefully limit the sign up of spam users, if anyone hears of people having issues accessing the forum then please let me know.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:8, topic:2243”]Some new features brought in to hopefully limit the sign up of spam users, if anyone hears of people having issues accessing the forum then please let me know.

Fuzzybear[/quote]
Much appreciated and well done :clap:

I can’t even figure out how to post on the damn forum. Being a noob I can’t make threads? Is there a post count I need to hit? Why are these rules not posted anywhere? There should at least be a newbie (to the forum) guide…

oh, seems I needed to create a few posts first.