Generating the genesis block... /sigh

Great progress, but I think we’re not 100% out of woods yet. We need to repeat the process a couple of times (with different difficulty settings and other parameters), make sure it move from POW to POS without hiccup, then Fuzzybear can retire in peace.

Update: building the testnet blockchain, up to block 150 on slow PC.

Update: stuck at 401/end of POW blocks again, how did we get past this yesterday ?

Update: ahh, didn’t change protocol switch time for testnet.

Update: still stuck.

Nice job everyone, it’s been great watching everyone solve problems and make progress.

With the current settings, this seems to be a bullet-proof way to get to proof-of-stake blocks with 2 nodes:

*Start the nodes. Wait until they get to 401/end-of-proof-of-work block.
*Send some coins from one node address to another.
*Shutdown and restart both nodes.
*Wait

If you don’t shutdown and restart the nodes, they seem to be stuck at last POW block forever.

Tonight, I’ll test to see if shutting off the second node, and then restarting the first, alone (with no output transaction), makes a difference.

I should be home in 45 mins and will jump in our room and work on this with you tonight

Fuzzybear

All,

I have updated the wiki with a guide for manually recreating a genesis block and blockchain. https://github.com/Peershares/Peershares/wiki/Genesis-Block-(Starting-a-New-Blockchain-Instance)

pb

Very good work. Thank you pennybreaker.