General Thoughts on PPC

[quote=“Quicker_777, post:20, topic:82”]“insurmountable problems” defined; some maximum number of transactions that can be supported by updates to the chain every ten minutes. At least, that’s my flawed understanding.

I’ve read in some posts on the Bitcoin forum that there will be a maximum “number of transactions per time unit” encountered in the next few months if the Bitcoin transaction numbers really take off??? Again, somebody correct me here - I hope I’m wrong on that point. :-[/quote]
The number is around 2500 transactions per block (10 minutes)

We should ask ourselves why merchants do not accept PPC. Is it because nobody mentioning PPC to merchants or other reasons ?

I think merchants won’t or shouldn’t accept currencies that have a tendency to die. LTC have passed that state, so people start accepting them.

We could convince we are a solid currency, by making nice services that do not really have to do with directly purchasing, like legit looking blockchain explorers, legit looking ppcoin.org, legit looking online wallet service, tipping services, ppc only gambling sites, etc.

To show that there’s a lot of effort putting on PPC and we should survive.

The number is around 2500 transactions per block (10 minutes)[/quote]

Just out of curiosity: how many transactions does VISA or Mastercard process per 24 hours? With PPC the limit is 360000 now – I want to know to see how much potential we have here.

[quote=“sahkan, post:1, topic:82”]…
On the Name: … I would suggest to steer the acceptance signs to something like : PPC accepted here, Peer to Peer Coin thus marketing “PPC” vs “Pee Pee Coin”.
…[/quote]
[size=24pt]+[/size]

=[/size]

The number is around 2500 transactions per block (10 minutes)[/quote]

Just out of curiosity: how many transactions does VISA or Mastercard process per 24 hours? With PPC the limit is 360000 now – I want to know to see how much potential we have here.[/quote]
According to my Financial Markets textbook, there are ~22.5 billion credit/debit card transactions per year in the U.S. So that’s roughly 61.6 million transactions a day in the U.S. Numbers worldwide aren’t clear, but a very conservative estimate would be around 5 times that amount or about 300 million a day.

But to be precise, to answer your question, based on market cap and penetration, I’d say Mastercard/Visa does around 42 million a day.