Future Web Development - Appearance & Visual Style

Here is the Linux screenshot…

http://i.imgur.com/l4A9ro2.png

Here is the Linux screenshot…

http://i.imgur.com/l4A9ro2.png[/quote]
Thanks for that, but I would need one without a background, will try to get it off in photoshop. This is just a QT download page, I will have a wallet page that explains wallets, gives you choices.

[quote=“peerchemist, post:76, topic:2499”][quote=“crypto_coiner, post:74, topic:2499”]I would suggest as slogan: “Truly Decentralized”

Because Centralization is a problem that both Bitcoiners and general population are sensible to.[/quote]

This is not true, Peercoin is one one the most centralized crypto currencies, where top100 addresses own almost 60% of total coins.
I’m just saying we should not give people excuse to propagate that fact by not being honest about this.[/quote]

I am not talking about the ownership distribution.
I am talking about the security distribution.

Question: Today, is it possible to set up an individual node (out of free will) on an cheap hardware and starting minting, WITHOUT having to join a pool (ultimately I can imagine you will have to get authorized by this pool to get into it , for Bitcoin/Litecoin)
to participate substantially to Peercoin security?
If so, Peercoin security is de-centralized.
If not, Sunny King is yet another con-man.

[quote=“learnmore, post:78, topic:2499”][quote=“learnmore”]So in addition to secure and sustainable, I think we really need to start capitalizing on the word Peer itself. Even if a thousand other coins copy the Peercoin protocol, none of them will ever be able to claim this name. Peer implies all the meaning in “truly decentralized” plus even more such a “friendly”, “fair”, “accessible,” etc. Bitcoin is dominated by centralized industrial mining, but Peercoin is available to us all. I’m not sure yet how best to put this in a slogan but a suggestion to illustrate the point may be:

Secure. Sustainable. For Everyone.[/quote][/quote]

Secure. Sustainable. For Everyone.
—> I appreciate it, quite a lot.

+1

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:75, topic:2499”][quote=“crypto_coiner, post:74, topic:2499”]http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/peercoin/ is quite nice, but I have several remarks and suggestions.

• The slogan: “secure and sustainable” is not catchy and is not meaningful in that it does not stress a problem that ppl have recognized.
    Secure? it is fair to say that litecoin is quite secure or primecoin is even very secure (more secure than peercoin)
    Sustainable? it is a word that ppl dont understand yet because the sustainability issue has not been recognized yet, generally.

I would suggest as slogan: “Truly Decentralized”

Because Centralization is a problem that both Bitcoiners and general population are sensible to.[/quote]

Thanks for your response, TheWildhorse

I’m just a web dev, the slogan has been there before and I don’t like changing your marketing pitch much. I’m just here to make it look pretty and well organized.

[quote=“crypto_coiner, post:74, topic:2499”]- Icons
These are too large, compared to the size of the page. Also, they dont fit well their word.
“Miner” associated with DNT firecracker, “merchant” associated with a PVC container, “individual” with a credit card are particularly awkward.
Can anybody design some customized icons for peercoin?[/quote]
As stated before, icons are not finished and I will be working on them as soon as we get content written for 3 Peercoin “perks” on the top. If you can, contribute to writing those in the sister thread.

Also, the problem in IE has been fixed on my local machine, will update the server later when I get more stuff done. Also, changed the text to the font you requested and colored it white. Proof: http://prntscr.com/3ylqq8[/quote]

Updated…

You can also visit the QT download page @ http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/peercoin/download.php
Don’t worry, it will be linked from the wallet page I am currently creating.

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:86, topic:2499”]Updated…

You can also visit the QT download page @ http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/peercoin/download.php
Don’t worry, it will be linked from the wallet page I am currently creating.[/quote]

Wallets download page should include our dedicated package repository for Linux. It is more elegant solution then unpacking tar.gz’s, also it provides automatic updates.
Repository is based on Arch Linux, but can be used for all distributions using Pacman packet manager (Manjaro Linux, Antegros).

http://peerbox.me/howto.html

Beside Peercoin-qt it provides Peercoind (headless daemon), Peerunity and Peershares clients.
Repository is maintained by me within Peerbox project.

Wallet download page:
http://i.imgur.com/M3OdAsh.png

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:88, topic:2499”]Wallet download page:
http://i.imgur.com/M3OdAsh.png[/quote]

Those Peercoin and Peerunity logos look pretty rough. When the page actually goes live, will they look smoother? I tested making them 100x100 over a white background on Photoshop and I was able to get a smooth look.

Also, I realize that Peerunity wasn’t created by Sunny King, but I have some reservation about calling it a 3rd party wallet, since it was created, tested and is maintained by our community. The warning above makes it sound like Peerunity could be pretty dangerous, which isn’t the case. Maybe we should relabel them to “Official Client” and “Community Client.” And then if any wallets pop up that were developed outside of the community, we apply the 3rd party label to them. You can also change the disclaimer to reflect this change…

Disclaimer: The official Peercoin-QT client and the Peerunity community client are the only wallets developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. Any other 3rd party wallets were developed outside the community and could contain malware or use insecure methods of storing your coins. Please be cautious and do your own research when selecting a wallet.”

I think it would also be a good idea to put some description text underneath each wallet to make the differences clear.

“Official Client” and “Community Client” sounds good to me :slight_smile:

As for the images, it is just a problem with the SS software I use.

I made a pull request so you can see it live without me uploading it to my server: http://peercoinpulls.bearbin.net/142/wallet

Also, thanks for all the suggestions, I will implement them tonight.

I would agree that “Community Client” is a better way of describing Peerunity than “3rd party wallet.” This is more than just semantic, because one of the developers of the wallet, SigMike, is now part of the Peercoin Core development team.

Otherwise, I think everything is looking really good :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ben, post:92, topic:2499”]I would agree that “Community Client” is a better way of describing Peerunity than “3rd party wallet.” This is more than just semantic, because one of the developers of the wallet, SigMike, is now part of the Peercoin Core development team.

Otherwise, I think everything is looking really good :)[/quote]

Agreed the way it’s put now is just too harsh. When Peerunity v0.2 is released it’s going to look and function much better than the standard client, we want as many people using it as possible I’d think.

Also have to thank TheWildHorse, I agree it’s looking great. I showed off your new wallet page preview on the newsletter :slight_smile:

If anyone could be so kind and write me a small intro text for each of those 2 wallets in the way Sentinelrv imagined, I would be grateful.

Here is my attempt. If anybody can do better, please try…

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet and is developed and maintained by Peecoin developer Sunny King. While it’s without a doubt the most secure Peercoin wallet, only high priority updates make it into this client for now, so it currently lacks in extra features and visual appeal.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. A redesigned theme, Peershares integration and a minting tab are just some of the features being planned for future releases.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:95, topic:2499”]Here is my attempt. If anybody can do better, please try…

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet and is developed and maintained by Peecoin developer Sunny King. While it’s without a doubt the most secure Peercoin wallet, only high priority updates make it into this client for now, so it currently lacks in extra features and visual appeal.[/quote]
Brilliant altcoin name. :slight_smile:

Anyways, will implement those two for now, if anyone finds out a better solution, we can change it later.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:95, topic:2499”]Here is my attempt. If anybody can do better, please try…

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet and is developed and maintained by Peecoin developer Sunny King. While it’s without a doubt the most secure Peercoin wallet, only high priority updates make it into this client for now, so it currently lacks in extra features and visual appeal.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. A redesigned theme, Peershares integration and a minting tab are just some of the features being planned for future releases.[/quote]

Here’s my edit:

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet, developed and maintained by Peercoin developer Sunny King. Although it is the most secure Peercoin wallet, it receives only high-priority updates, so it lacks extra features and visual appeal.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. Future releases will contain a redesigned theme, Peershares integration, and a Minting tab.

[quote=“Chronos, post:97, topic:2499”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:95, topic:2499”]Here is my attempt. If anybody can do better, please try…

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. A redesigned theme, Peershares integration and a minting tab are just some of the features being planned for future releases.[/quote]

Here’s my edit:

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet, developed and maintained by Peercoin developer Sunny King. Although it is the most secure Peercoin wallet, it receives only high-priority updates, so it lacks extra features and visual appeal.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. Future releases will contain a redesigned theme, Peershares integration, and a Minting tab.[/quote]

I like this better, thanks!

Here’s my edit of the edit:

+++

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet, developed and maintained by Peercoin developer Sunny King. It has all the features necessary to send and receive peercoins [anything else?], plus the means to encrypt the wallet.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community for eventual integration with Peershares. It includes all the functions of the official wallet, plus extra features such as coin control and a minting tab. Future releases will contain a redesigned layout.

sigmike is also a protocol developer now, no?