Future Web Development - Appearance & Visual Style

[quote=“Chronos, post:97, topic:2499”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:95, topic:2499”]Here is my attempt. If anybody can do better, please try…

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet and is developed and maintained by Peecoin developer Sunny King. While it’s without a doubt the most secure Peercoin wallet, only high priority updates make it into this client for now, so it currently lacks in extra features and visual appeal.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. A redesigned theme, Peershares integration and a minting tab are just some of the features being planned for future releases.[/quote]

Here’s my edit:

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet, developed and maintained by Peercoin developer Sunny King. Although it is the most secure Peercoin wallet, it receives only high-priority updates, so it lacks extra features and visual appeal.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community. It includes many extra features that the official wallet lacks, such as coin control. Future releases will contain a redesigned theme, Peershares integration, and a Minting tab.[/quote]

I like this better, thanks!

Here’s my edit of the edit:

+++

Peercoin-QT is the official wallet, developed and maintained by Peercoin developer Sunny King. It has all the features necessary to send and receive peercoins [anything else?], plus the means to encrypt the wallet.

Peerunity is a wallet developed and maintained by the Peercoin community for eventual integration with Peershares. It includes all the functions of the official wallet, plus extra features such as coin control and a minting tab. Future releases will contain a redesigned layout.

sigmike is also a protocol developer now, no?

Yes he is.

@TheWildHorse, at our current pace, when do you think we’d have something to actually put up live on peercoin.net? I’m not trying to rush you. I’m asking because our marketing video was just finished and I was trying to figure out if we should make it public now, or if we should wait for the new website. If it’s going to be a long time, we should probably make the video public now.

I think the main problem we’re having is trying to come up with content for the website. We haven’t even finalized the content for the front page yet. This will especially be true for the lengthy general info page that will need to be created. One of our members is going to be creating a slide deck and informational video explaining many aspects of Peercoin. I’m thinking that if his presentation comes out and it’s nice, we can ask him or maybe even pay him to work with you to build this general info page. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:102, topic:2499”]@TheWildHorse, at our current pace, when do you think we’d have something to actually put up live on peercoin.net? I’m not trying to rush you. I’m asking because our marketing video was just finished and I was trying to figure out if we should make it public now, or if we should wait for the new website. If it’s going to be a long time, we should probably make the video public now.

I think the main problem we’re having is trying to come up with content for the website. We haven’t even finalized the content for the front page yet. This will especially be true for the lengthy general info page that will need to be created. One of our members is going to be creating a slide deck and informational video explaining many aspects of Peercoin. I’m thinking that if his presentation comes out and it’s nice, we can ask him or maybe even pay him to work with you to build this general info page. We’ll just have to see how it goes.[/quote]
I am aware that the work has been at slow pace. That is honestly because an invoice I sent 2 weeks ago hasn’t been cleared, and well, I have to pay my bills so I have been working on a bit more reliable projects. It’s not anything personal, it is just on the back burner because I am a person that has bills to pay.

Yes, at the current pace, you are better of releasing the video first.

But, a much better solution would be for the community to help out, and write some content, which I can then organize in an appealing manner. I mean, I would love to do that myself, but I can’t write the quality content you guys require because I am not as familiar with the coin as you guys are. I know the basics, I know how it works, but I can not decide what aspects do you want the emphasise.

If the community gave this project the same love the video project got we could be finished in 2 weeks. For example, I made a request if we could work out the front page 3 selling point content a week ago and there hasn’t been much real suggestions, just some ideas thrown around. If 5 active members each took an hour and wrote some content, we would have an awesome page in no time.

Just my 0.02 PPC

Hello, Wildhorse

You make some fair points. I think our slowness is a reflection of the potential scale of the task, since a website has to be (eventually) comprehensive and all-encompassing, explaining so much, anticipating every question, etc, etc.

My own personal concern is that by pushing ahead now on the first “level”, we might tie ourselves in knots later on, as things start to overlap.

For instance, an individual wants to mint, and so this leads to minting as a topic. But an explanation of proof of stake also leads to minting. Security of the network relates to minting, too

So, we have the same topic (minting) reached by multiple different routes, causing potential duplication and/or overlapping

Another example is wallets. Do we take wallets as the starting point, and fan out to users? Or do we take users as the starting point, and go to wallets?

I wonder whether we should ask you to pause on the website for a couple of weeks, freeing you do work on more productive projects, while we (the community) put our heads together and come up with a fuller proposal for the website?

I hope others will chip in on this. This is such an important topic

It’s hard to predict when Super3 will be active. We have the same problem as you in maintaining contact with him. I sent an email notifying him that you haven’t been paid yet. Please let us know whether the issue has been taken care of, or if you’re still waiting.

I apologize for the delay. My fault entirely. Was finishing up my last college credits, and had exams on Weds. I’m now full time Bitcoin, and working on catching up with everything, so I will be a bit more active soon.

Syncing my hotwallet now. Will send you the PPC when its done + a little bonus from me for the delay

1 Like

[quote=“super3, post:106, topic:2499”]I apologize for the delay. My fault entirely. Was finishing up my last college credits, and had exams on Weds. I’m now full time Bitcoin, and working on catching up with everything, so I will be a bit more active soon.

Syncing my hotwallet now. Will send you the PPC when its done + a little bonus from me for the delay[/quote]

That’s good to hear. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:107, topic:2499”][quote=“super3, post:106, topic:2499”]I apologize for the delay. My fault entirely. Was finishing up my last college credits, and had exams on Weds. I’m now full time Bitcoin, and working on catching up with everything, so I will be a bit more active soon.

Syncing my hotwallet now. Will send you the PPC when its done + a little bonus from me for the delay[/quote]

That’s good to hear. :)[/quote]
It is all sorted!

I’m starting work on exchange pages!

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:104, topic:2499”]Hello, Wildhorse

You make some fair points. I think our slowness is a reflection of the potential scale of the task, since a website has to be (eventually) comprehensive and all-encompassing, explaining so much, anticipating every question, etc, etc.

My own personal concern is that by pushing ahead now on the first “level”, we might tie ourselves in knots later on, as things start to overlap.

For instance, an individual wants to mint, and so this leads to minting as a topic. But an explanation of proof of stake also leads to minting. Security of the network relates to minting, too

So, we have the same topic (minting) reached by multiple different routes, causing potential duplication and/or overlapping

Another example is wallets. Do we take wallets as the starting point, and fan out to users? Or do we take users as the starting point, and go to wallets?

I wonder whether we should ask you to pause on the website for a couple of weeks, freeing you do work on more productive projects, while we (the community) put our heads together and come up with a fuller proposal for the website?

I hope others will chip in on this. This is such an important topic[/quote]
Thanks for the input.
The overlapping issue will be sorted in such a way that topics such as minting have a separate page explaining them. And that page will be linked in each section that requires it to be mentioned. But it won’t be just plainly linked (Like, “Take a look at minting”), instead there we can focus on the aspects of minting that are important to the topic, and leave generalities to be covered by the actual minting page.

I need your help!

I’m creating the exchange page for the new revamped Peercoin.net. I have compiled a list of active PPC exchanges that I am aware of, however I need your help.

I have linked a table which anyone can edit, and I need your help finishing it. Basically, add all active exchanges that aren’t already on the list and fill in the data that is missing.
Each exchange has a Trusted column which you can choose between it being a trustworthy exchange, a “fishy” one, or a scam. Also, there is a note field, which should cointain some positive or negative aspects of the site that you think users should know.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QqvcMiHxDIeJkeHdX6aAd7ewAgRTiCAkKefwqWbBFyI/edit?usp=sharing

As soon as the list is finished, the sooner I can finish up the exchanges page.

THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING

The point of this is to make a list of trusted exchanges for the site, so add only active exchanges, if it has 0 volume, it is probably not of much use. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I have given a “yes” to Vault of Satoshi, as it is a very careful site with regards to security and reputation

I have (reluctantly) given a “no” to Vircurex. As a website/company, Vircurex seems totally reliable - the problem is that a few months ago they were hacked and funds stolen to such an extent that they “froze” customer accounts (meaning the funds are not there). Do others share my concern on Vircurex?

Regarding Cryptsy, I don’t think it deserves “fishy”. I do not use it to store funds, but have used it to trade one coin for another, and have found no problem with them. Sometimes it can take hours for coins to appear on the blockchain but, if that is because they are fetching funds from cold storage, that should be seen as a good sign.

@TheWildHorse
just added bittylicious. thanks

The content on the exchange page is almost done. I just have to finish up the graphics when I get to my workstation later tonight.

Will post it to review as soon as it is finished. If you have time please read my previous post and help out with a trusted exchange list.
Thanks.

EDIT: Graphics done, have to add all of the exchanges on the list tommorow. I will post the preview in the morning.

Ok, first preview done.

Tell me what you think so I can fix it up a bit more.

http://peercoinpulls.bearbin.net/144/exchanges

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:114, topic:2499”]Ok, first preview done.

Tell me what you think so I can fix it up a bit more.

http://peercoinpulls.bearbin.net/144/exchanges[/quote]

At first glance, I like the appearance of it. I have not read the content yet though, so I’m not sure if there are any errors yet. I’m about done for the night, so I’ll leave others to look it over. I’ll let them know about it in chat.

One thing I want to fix is the messy exchanges list, I want to make it look a lot better.

Have to think about what to do with that tho.

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:116, topic:2499”]One thing I want to fix is the messy exchanges list, I want to make it look a lot better.

Have to think about what to do with that tho.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s probably the one thing I noticed. It’s a little uneven the way it is right now.