From Ashes Reborn.. the Peercoin Newsletter (Released)

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:8, topic:1862”]Ok, here’s a couple things.

• I think you should center the logo. It looks better like that in my opinion.
  • In “so lets get started” I believe “lets” needs an apostrophe.
  • Insert John’s last name, Manglaviti.
  • In “section of the offical forums” official needs another i.
  • Under the Peershare news, I would put in a short description of what Peershare is for people who have no idea. Maybe this…

“Peershare is a way for businesses to manage publicly held shares in a decentralized fashion. It uses the Peercoin network to automate the distribution of associated dividends in the form of Peercoins.”

I took two sentences from Jordan Lee’s original post and combined them. If this isn’t a correct description then try it out yourself.

• Try using this title on Bitcointalk. It incorporates teasers to get people to click on the thread. I tested it and it just fits.

[PPC] Peercoin Newsletter #7: Client 0.3.1 - Peershare 500k Fund - Bitcoin Miami[/quote]

Thanks sentinel. Updated. Question, while I know Peershare operates using the PPC network, I thought it would allow distribution of dividends in any currency of their choosing?

I’m not sure. I got that quote from the original post. You’d have to confirm it with Jordan.

I think that’s it for what I know of. Needs a conclusion and 0.3.1 release.

Any polish suggestions?

There was another advertising action on Reddit which was done just few days after the one you mentioned. You can add that too, this round is actually finished. http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1vumih/a_little_peercoin_advertising_foundation/

Thanks!

I’m trying to confirm with Jordan whether that quote is correct and if Peershare can distribute dividends in other cryptos than just Peercoin.

Here you go Yuri…

[quote=“Jordan Lee, post:65, topic:382”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:63, topic:382”]We’re including a description of Peershare in the latest Peercoin Newsletter. I took two sentences from your original post and combined them. Is this correct? Also, can it distribute dividends only in Peercoins, or other cryptos as well? I just want to make sure we get this right.

“Peershare is a way for businesses to manage publicly held shares in a decentralized fashion. It uses the Peercoin network to automate the distribution of associated dividends in the form of Peercoins”[/quote]

These statements are correct.

Peershare as designed will only distribute dividends in Peercoins. However, it can be easily modified to distribute dividends in other cryptocurrencies, and I expect this will occur.[/quote]

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:15, topic:1862”]Here you go Yuri…

[quote=“Jordan Lee, post:65, topic:382”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:63, topic:382”]We’re including a description of Peershare in the latest Peercoin Newsletter. I took two sentences from your original post and combined them. Is this correct? Also, can it distribute dividends only in Peercoins, or other cryptos as well? I just want to make sure we get this right.

“Peershare is a way for businesses to manage publicly held shares in a decentralized fashion. It uses the Peercoin network to automate the distribution of associated dividends in the form of Peercoins”[/quote]

These statements are correct.

Peershare as designed will only distribute dividends in Peercoins. However, it can be easily modified to distribute dividends in other cryptocurrencies, and I expect this will occur.[/quote][/quote]

Awesome. Added volunpeer section and small conclusion. Does anyone know that the google docs link in the volunpeer section is still accurate?

Check the top of Peercoin.net. There should be a volunteer link there. It’s probably the same one. Also, in your conclusion, the word “create” isn’t needed.

Yeah we could dd link to the new builds I have done though i’d rater a few more people tested and confirmedthe migration to peercoin directories is ok etc but anyway have the link

http://builds.peercointalk.org

also bump for

[quote=“pyc, post:13, topic:1862”]There was another advertising action on Reddit which was done just few days after the one you mentioned. You can add that too, this round is actually finished. http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1vumih/a_little_peercoin_advertising_foundation/

Thanks![/quote]

Yuri, if you’re going to do a giveaway to keep the thread bumped, I suggest adding it in the title or people might miss it. I updated the title below…

[PPC] Peercoin Newsletter #7: PPC Giveaway - Client 0.3.3 - Peershare $500k Fund

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:19, topic:1862”]Yuri, if you’re going to do a giveaway to keep the thread bumped, I suggest adding it in the title or people might miss it. I updated the title below…
[PPC] Peercoin Newsletter #7: PPC Giveaway - Client 0.3.3 - Peershare $500k Fund[/quote]

I agree, but let’s really point out the dollar value for Peershare

[PPC] Peercoin Newsletter #7: PPC Give-away - $500,000 USD already funded for Peershare!

That’s more of an eye catcher, than the client version number.

The $500K sounds like megabytes or kilobytes. Not a good reference point. 1/2 million dollars at normal market rate, funding Peershare? That’s REUTERS news.

Also, where are our official Press Releases shown? When something significant of this magnitude goes out, an official press release needs to be prepared.

All press-releases include a point of contact (or Person of contact) at the bottom. They are official and ready-to-go-to-press.

I mentioned before about the necessity of Press Kits (which are really important). We also need to have specific press-releases. 1/2 million dollars towards Peershare funding is worthy of a major press-release.

(A client upgrade isn’t. So for those of us trying to differentiate the difference… A significant milestone of great magnitude deserves a press release. You want to keep these press releases to a bare minimum so they are more likely to make it to print, radio, and TV.

The 1/2 million dollar funding for Peershare is definitely a MAJOR boom to Peercoin, more than any upgraded wallet, and needs mainstream / conventional media exposure asap). Real reporters are hungry for major swings in cryptocurrency, and I don’t know any coin lately that has 1/2 million dollars of investment towards a project like Peershare.

The only reason why Peercoin is this silly little value it is today is for lack of proper promotion. If bounties are available, we need to convert those to USD and hire a proper PR (public relations) person who has media contacts.

Let’s stop fooling around and get this going where it needs to be before someone eats our lunch for us.

[quote=“ppcman, post:20, topic:1862”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:19, topic:1862”]Yuri, if you’re going to do a giveaway to keep the thread bumped, I suggest adding it in the title or people might miss it. I updated the title below…
[PPC] Peercoin Newsletter #7: PPC Giveaway - Client 0.3.3 - Peershare $500k Fund[/quote]

I agree, but let’s really point out the dollar value for Peershare

[PPC] Peercoin Newsletter #7: PPC Give-away - $500,000 USD already funded for Peershare!

That’s more of an eye catcher, than the client version number.

The $500K sounds like megabytes or kilobytes. Not a good reference point. 1/2 million dollars at normal market rate, funding Peershare? That’s REUTERS news.

Also, where are our official Press Releases shown? When something significant of this magnitude goes out, an official press release needs to be prepared.

All press-releases include a point of contact (or Person of contact) at the bottom. They are official and ready-to-go-to-press.

I mentioned before about the necessity of Press Kits (which are really important). We also need to have specific press-releases. 1/2 million dollars towards Peershare funding is worthy of a major press-release.

(A client upgrade isn’t. So for those of us trying to differentiate the difference… A significant milestone of great magnitude deserves a press release. You want to keep these press releases to a bare minimum so they are more likely to make it to print, radio, and TV.

The 1/2 million dollar funding for Peershare is definitely a MAJOR boom to Peercoin, more than any upgraded wallet, and needs mainstream / conventional media exposure asap). Real reporters are hungry for major swings in cryptocurrency, and I don’t know any coin lately that has 1/2 million dollars of investment towards a project like Peershare.

The only reason why Peercoin is this silly little value it is today is for lack of proper promotion. If bounties are available, we need to convert those to USD and hire a proper PR (public relations) person who has media contacts.

Let’s stop fooling around and get this going where it needs to be before someone eats our lunch for us.[/quote]

I just wanted to say I agree on the peershare funding, just the other day I saw some news on $30K doge funding … Jamaican bobsled team, how did that make it into the news???

I just wanted to say I agree on the peershare funding, just the other day I saw some news on $30K doge funding ... Jamaican bobsled team, how did that make it into the news???

I didn’t even think about that… I guess because it’s easier to understand.

Made it easier to read, gave Peershare it’s own section and added more detail to it.

I think the newsletter is terrific - well done

I agree that one a week is too much - just do one when there is enough material, otherwise you will burn yourself out - but try for at least one a month

Just one point: I don’t like “guru” - perhaps advocate or representative might be better?

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:24, topic:1862”]I think the newsletter is terrific - well done

I agree that one a week is too much - just do one when there is enough material, otherwise you will burn yourself out - but try for at least one a month

Just one point: I don’t like “guru” - perhaps advocate or representative might be better?[/quote]

Changed, thank you.

Good work, it really has a message to potential new PPC users, and is a nice wrap-up/reference for existing users.
Might be good to send a casual email with newsletter out to our press contacts and some major bloggers. It might trigger them and contact us for a story or they might just refer to some of the material.

As ppcman said, every time Peercoin is mentioned somewhere either for the good or bad, is still good. I think he read marketing for dummies :wink: But seriously, I totally agree with that.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432525.msg4742044#msg4742044

Posted, feel encouraged to comment.

I think the peercoin.net website should link to this thread/newsletter. It is a treasure of information.
@Yurizhai, is it something you would pass on to super3? Happy to ask and chime in but it is your thread after all.

Or maybe we can have all the newsletters published in their own subdomain? e.g. newsletter.peercointalk.org?

BTW I saw the replies are keeping the post on the first page till now. We might have all to check once in a while and see if it needs a little bump.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:28, topic:1862”]I think the peercoin.net website should link to this thread/newsletter. It is a treasure of information.
@Yurizhai, is it something you would pass on to super3? Happy to ask and chime in but it is your thread after all.

Or maybe we can have all the newsletters published in their own subdomain? e.g. newsletter.peercointalk.org?

BTW I saw the replies are keeping the post on the first page till now. We might have all to check once in a while and see if it needs a little bump.[/quote]

I am absolutely happy to have this newsletter used in any way that helps promote Peercoin.