[FIRST] International Bitcoin Conference - Amsterdam - Nov 6, 7, 8

International Bitcoin Conference - Amsterdam - Nov 6, 7, 8

Speaker confirmed: Irritant

http://bitcoinference.com/

Let’s begin mapping out the presentation.

note to self: need to fix some business cards to toss around

A pin with the peercoin logo would also great. I wore one at the NYC Bitcoin Conference and it made for an easy conversation opener. I know the community can help with the costs, I know I’m behind it.

[quote=“irritant, post:2, topic:564”]note to self: need to fix some business cards to toss around[/quote]Perhaps some paper wallets as well?

paperwallets: yes, peercoin pin: where to get one? I dont think it will be such a “commercial” event, where businesses promote their product, just explaining the ppcoin idea and stuff

We simply made pins (I wore one for the event, didn’t pass any out). I’d go up to a business, they would look at my pin and say something like “Feathercoin, I’ve heard of you” before I could open my mouth.

Has there been any guidance from the event on their preferred topics for presentations or do we have free choice?

Is there a media contact for the event that irritant can speak to if has questions on the day?

[quote=“nox-, post:7, topic:564”]Has there been any guidance from the event on their preferred topics for presentations or do we have free choice?

Is there a media contact for the event that irritant can speak to if has questions on the day?[/quote]

speakers@bitcoinference.com
Bas de Lange <-- my primary contact

Guidance:

No guidance on the area of Peercoin to cover was discussed

i’ll probably have to answer questions like

(is it possible to mine PoS blocks without transactions?)

[quote=“irritant, post:9, topic:564”]i’ll probably have to answer questions like

(is it possible to mine PoS blocks without transactions?)[/quote]

As a backup, I’m checking to see if there’s wifi available during the presentation. If so, during the question and answer time, we could have some of our experts there with you to answer some of the more technical questions if they spring up.

So what do we have a potential list of presentation subjects.

I quite like the theme of Peercoin being the Bitcoin savings / reserve currency that Sunny touched on in his interview.

On a separate note, I think it would be nice to do a PPC giveaway at the event for anyone who attends the presentation. Do we know expected attendance numbers so I can work out the cost for doing this?

I’m thinking something around the 5 PPC per delegate (just under $2 in USD value). The practical aspects of how we would do this need looking at too, the easiest way would be a load of pre-loaded paper wallets but perhaps some cheap ‘Peercoin’ USB drives with the client, some information about Peercoin benefits and a preloaded private key would be best.

We’re time constraint but could probably pull this together.

[quote=“nox-, post:11, topic:564”]So what do we have a potential list of presentation subjects.

I quite like the theme of Peercoin being the Bitcoin savings / reserve currency that Sunny touched on in his interview.

On a separate note, I think it would be nice to do a PPC giveaway at the event for anyone who attends the presentation. Do we know expected attendance numbers so I can work out the cost for doing this?

I’m thinking something around the 5 PPC per delegate (just under $2 in USD value). The practical aspects of how we would do this need looking at too, the easiest way would be a load of pre-loaded paper wallets but perhaps some cheap ‘Peercoin’ USB drives with the client, some information about Peercoin benefits and a preloaded private key would be best.

We’re time constraint but could probably pull this together.[/quote]I think 1 Peercoin per person would be fine. Paper wallets will allow you to make a bunch, but several hundred usb drives is going to be a lit expensive.

[quote=“irritant, post:9, topic:564”]i’ll probably have to answer questions like

(is it possible to mine PoS blocks without transactions?)[/quote]

does anyone have the answer? :slight_smile:

just the block reward is enough incentive to mine PoW, but what about including the transactions? Can you make PoS blocks without transactions?

I don’t think you can - When you mint coins through PoS you have to lock them so they are unavailable for spending as far as I know.

I would assume that also means you have to process the transactions so that is some guarantee that transactions are being processed.

[quote=“nox-, post:11, topic:564”]So what do we have a potential list of presentation subjects.

We’re time constraint but could probably pull this together.[/quote]

1PPC would be just as impactful I think…nobody really cares about whether it’s worth $0.40 or $2, it’s more about the novelty of receiving something new that has massive future potential. :slight_smile:

USB drives would blow a budget out of control quick, even at only a couple dollars per unit. BUT what if…on the back of our paper wallets, there are instructions for a scavenger hunt game? Create a “Golden USB Key” (literally gold colored, same as Peercoin) that has 100 PPC loaded on it, and hide it somewhere outside the conference grounds in a place that won’t be immediately obvious (would require local expertise to create the game). Have 10 scavenger hunt clues total, and release 1 per hour…at the booth, so people have to keep coming back to it. Make the first 7-8 clues vague enough that nobody will find the key until rule 9 or 10.

Maybe we can put something else on the key too? Like a note giving the winner a specially colored title for a month on Peercointalk.

[quote=“MeBeingAwesome, post:15, topic:564”][quote=“nox-, post:11, topic:564”]So what do we have a potential list of presentation subjects.

We’re time constraint but could probably pull this together.[/quote]

1PPC would be just as impactful I think…nobody really cares about whether it’s worth $0.40 or $2, it’s more about the novelty of receiving something new that has massive future potential. :slight_smile:

USB drives would blow a budget out of control quick, even at only a couple dollars per unit. BUT what if…on the back of our paper wallets, there are instructions for a scavenger hunt game? Create a “Golden USB Key” (literally gold colored, same as Peercoin) that has 100 PPC loaded on it, and hide it somewhere outside the conference grounds in a place that won’t be immediately obvious (would require local expertise to create the game). Have 10 scavenger hunt clues total, and release 1 per hour…at the booth, so people have to keep coming back to it. Make the first 7-8 clues vague enough that nobody will find the key until rule 9 or 10.

Maybe we can put something else on the key too? Like a note giving the winner a specially colored title for a month on Peercointalk.[/quote]

This could very easily be done, they get their own members group, would need to set up the account now though and put the password and username on the USB stick.

Fuzzybear

Please make sure you share our documents and Skype information. This conference starts in 1 week, it would be nice to get a draft complete by Monday that way Sunny could review it for any last minute changes.

i’m cool with scavenger hunts and stuff, but not for this conf , there is too little time imo

edit: there should be some kind of http://coinapult.com/ for peercoin, makes stuff like this easier to pull off, i.e. you only need to send an e-mail (don’t need to install the client and stuff first)

[quote=“irritant, post:18, topic:564”]i’m cool with scavenger hunts and stuff, but not for this conf , there is too little time imo

edit: there should be some kind of http://coinapult.com/ for peercoin, makes stuff like this easier to pull off, i.e. you only need to send an e-mail (don’t need to install the client and stuff first)[/quote]

I’d recommend a google doc for everyone to start sharing ideas on the conference. I know it’s closing in and I want to make sure we can kick a rough to Sunny early next week for review.

Ok, I’m seeing talk of giving ppc out to get people interested. While that’s something we should do, I believe the most important thing we should be doing right now is figuring out exactly what we’re going to be presenting to the audience. They’re going to call up Irritant to begin speaking. What is he going to talk about? What topics should he discuss and why? What are we trying to communicate to the audience? Are we going to have any kind of visual presentation to go along with what he’s saying?

Does Irritant feel confident that he can answer people’s technical questions about Peercoin? JustaBitofTime mentioned having people with a deeper understanding of the coin help him out through wifi when answering questions. How exactly is this going to be done and who is going to help him? We need to get going with this or we’re going to seem unprepared and end up delivering a lackluster or confusing presentation that will turn people off. We don’t want that to happen.