Final Results - Community Nominated Questions for Sunny King

Can I add one more question, Please?

To Sunny: About 2 months ago, in your message to Sentinelrv, you said the reason why the development of Peercoin v0.4 was slow was because you were working on some other aspects of the long-term strategy as well. Could you elaborate more about that now?

[quote=“Ben, post:20, topic:2258”]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4111133/Peercoin/files/FinalQuestionsforSunnyKing_FinalDraft.pdf

Please provide any feedback on the proposed changes, as soon as possible. Thank you![/quote]

I would agree that the question is a good one. Can I get a second on that?

Yeah, I always wondered what he meant by that.

I vote third. All in favor. Motion carries.

Yes, like that one. Fourth backer.

@ben, thanks for the great work on compiling these, I’m really looking forward to the interview

There were some errors in the following questions. I corrected what I saw…

“There are people who have indicated that a holder does not need to control 50% or more PPC to carry out a 51% attack, rather that it could be as low as 20% of the outstanding PPC in circulation. Do you have any guidance on what the community can do to ensure network security?”

“Do you foresee a Peercoin protocol improvement that would enable some kind of “minting-only-transaction” to be signed by a “minting-only” private key so that the client can be authorized to mint the public address coinage with the all-important “spending” private key NEVER having to be online? If so, what would be a reasonable timeline to expect this to be implemented within?”

“What is the long-term strategy for Peercoin transaction fees?”

“Would you be comfortable having the community releasing interim updates between the major releases even if these don’t necessarily follow your strategy? Where would you draw the line, forks, UI, features?”

“What are your thoughts about integrating Primecoin and Peercoin, either at a wallet level or even deeper? E.g. Peercoin as a low transaction savings account and Primecoin for high-performance, day-to-day transactions.”

“What do you think of the “transparent forging” feature in NXT? Do you agree it is a significant advantage in security compared with the current PPC PoS mining design?”

So the last item for the questions that I think we need to provide an answer for, as a community is:

What is the next logical step in Primecoin development, considering that the coin is falling behind in adoption?

What is meant by “adoption” in the context of what is being asked above? Is it usage, exchange rate, vendors, or something else?

Also, here’s a link to the final questions document. I’ve set it up so anyone with the link can view it, and make comments, so if you’d be so kind as to give it another look, and report back any typos or problems with phrasing, I would appreciate it!

[size=14pt]Review Final Questions for Sunny King[/size]

This is going to be a great interview, looking forward to it. A few comments on the updated/final draft:

B 1 Suggest changing “average consumer” to “average person” (unless the question is specifically about consumers)

B 4 Insert a word or two to indicate who Gavin Andresen is (e.g. Bitcoin developer). Sunny will know him, but readers of the interview may not.

B 5 Suggest inserting the word “such” before Open Transactions, to indicate that the preceding quote is a definition of Open Transactions

C 1 and C 10 – these are very similar, consider merging (or making them more different)

C 5 – Suggest changing “how long the community will have to wait before it can start” to “how soon the community can start” (sounds more upbeat)

C 7 - Suggest changing “Would you be comfortable having the community” to “Would you have any objection to the community”

C 9 – “later down the road” can be removed. Is the question intended to refer to Sunny’s involvement in the forums? If so, consider changing the final word (community) to “forums”

E 5 – suggest changing “If I were to ‘donate’ a week” to “If he were to ‘donate’ a week” (so that ‘he’ refers to the speaker in the quoted paragraph)

Finally, it is better to have consecutive numbers, rather than start at 1 for each section – otherwise, it may cause confusion later

Many thanks

Thank you, Robert, that was a great set of edits.

I’ve made the changes (with a few, minor alterations) to the document. Content removal is designated with a strike-through, and new, moved, or replaced content has been accented for ease of discovery with a light orange highlight.

Regarding the numbering, I don’t think I can do that in Google Docs (but if it’s possible, and someone knows how, I’m all ears). I had intended that we could just refer to the questions as “C1” or “G4”, or perhaps, “Peercoin Development, 1” or “Personal Questions, 4”. I also expect that these will be responded to by Sunny in a couple of different messages, rather than a single one, but I’ll know more about how that will work, soon.

Anything else that anyone sees, or any edits to my edits? :slight_smile:

[quote=“NewMoneyEra, post:14, topic:2258”]I just spent over an hour writing and editing my most heart felt reply to Sentinelrv’s frustration, in the posts above.

It was done. Crafted. Worked on. Refined!

Then I thought to myself well I’ll just delete this one sentence. It will read better. So, I selected it and hit the backspace key to delete – ARRRGGGHH!!! – It deleted everything! EVERYTHING!!! All my work is gone!

This is not the first time this has happened!

Is there something that I am doing and not understanding? Or, is this software the worst, crappiest software I have used since the 1980’s !!!

SHIT!!!

Sorry to vent here Sent. You deserve much better.[/quote]

When that happens while you are still in the big white message editing window, in MS Windows with Firefox for instance…

… just right-click and then select UNDO. If it doesn’t come back, try right-click and choose UNDO again and again until it does.

(You can also choose EDIT, then UNDO from where it says File, Edit, View, History at the top of your browser)

Try doing this as a practice test. deliberately type a new message, select and back space the whole thing, and see if you get it back.

On a Mac, I’m not sure on what the procedure is…

While writing this reply to you, I deliberately selected the whole thing, pushed backspace and deleted my clump of text, and then successfully restored it each time using this method.

I hope this helps.

Question B 3. second to the last word “need” lost its s somehow, should be “needs”

thanks Ben

[quote=“Ben, post:27, topic:2258”]So the last item for the questions that I think we need to provide an answer for, as a community is:

What is the next logical step in Primecoin development, considering that the coin is falling behind in adoption?

What is meant by “adoption” in the context of what is being asked above? Is it usage, exchange rate, vendors, or something else?[/quote]

I think maybe the person who wrote this question is referring to the fact that there isn’t a very large community pushing Primecoin, compared to the focus that everyone gives Peercoin. It’s falling behind in the attention that is given to it, which would result in less adoption, whether that means exchanges, vendors or something else. Maybe you should just rewrite the end of the question to reflect this.

So, how is it going? Has Sunny received the community questions?

When will the first answers be available for all?

I guess most of us are eager to read them.

[quote=“mably, post:33, topic:2258”]So, how is it going? Has Sunny received the community questions?

I guess most of us are eager to read them.[/quote]

Sunny has received them, and in the last note to me (about ten days ago), said that once the v0.4 switch-over was stable, that we’d start to see answers to the questions. I’ll send a follow-up and see if I can get a better idea of what the timing will be.

[quote=“Ben, post:34, topic:2258”][quote=“mably, post:33, topic:2258”]So, how is it going? Has Sunny received the community questions?

I guess most of us are eager to read them.[/quote]

Sunny has received them, and in the last note to me (about ten days ago), said that once the v0.4 switch-over was stable, that we’d start to see answers to the questions. I’ll send a follow-up and see if I can get a better idea of what the timing will be.[/quote]

I don’t know about everyone else, but I would prefer another community event in the chat room over Sunny just posting answers to the questions in a thread. I think community events like these get people excited and helps to bring the community together. When I asked you to manage this Ben, I was hoping that you would be the one interviewing Sunny in the chat room. Of course Sunny should write out his responses ahead of time. I’d just like to make these community events like the previous 2 interviews we did last year. Could you ask Sunny if we could do it this way instead?