Everyday team coordination, progress reports and help requests

Great to hear, and I’m glad to see that pennybreaker has an interest in using VMs to test. I was just investigating how useful it would be to set up a couple of Vagrant configurations to assist with quick instance and tool deployments, so I’ll be sure to discuss that with pennybreaker, fishwich and the rest of the dev team.

Hello everyone!

I’m honored to have the opportunity to be a part of this team. I look forward to working with all of you!

I have a fairly flexible schedule, so please, if there is anything I can do to help any of you, don’t hesitate to ask.

@Ben: Vagrant looks like a good solution. I’m going to read a little more about it and get back to you.

pb

I have some experience with Vagrant if you need help setting it up.

Progress Report:

Operation “Generate Genesis Block && Mine the First 400 Blocks” is progressing, with small gains here and there, but no break-through yet. We’ve been able to compile the Peershares daemon, from a genesis block, but even with multiple hours of hashing invested against it, we’re not yet able to get it to produce the first block.

Current quarantined build code is located in my repo, if you want to give it a try – https://github.com/brossi/Peershares

Tomorrow, we’re going to go back through Sunny’s code to see if anything jumps out at us as being wildly different, or if it is a parameter that the Peercoin base code uses that we’re missing.

Update: Sorry for the extended time offline, but we were away for the weekend and I decided that limiting my access to technology was a good thing. I’ll be back at it this evening to get caught up and then I’ll begin the formal documentation of test cases (if that hasn’t already been started).