End of Marketing Fund Term

Cybnate and myself have been fund keepers of the marketing fund for the last 6 months, but that term ends on July 21st. A vote will now be needed to see what the community wants to do with the fund. New fund keepers can volunteer in this thread if they are interested, but since there have been no new submissions to the fund in 4 months, closure of the fund should also be discussed.

Here is the relevant part of the charter regarding closure:

[b]Closure of Fund[/b] The following reasons may lead to the closure of the Fund: - No submissions have been made for more than 3 months - No fund keepers available for more than 3 months - At least 5 Peervoters all vote publicly and motivated for closure of the Fund in the same thread as where the fund has been established.

Remaining funds after closure
Funds will be returned to the donors where they have provided return addresses. Returns will be made based on their share of the remaining funds or as close as reasonably possible by the fund keeper.

When funds can’t be returned, voting will occur based on the process for a Very Large Submission on where the remaining funds will be transferred to. When the number of voters required is inadequate and remains inadequate after reasonable attempts to request to vote, the fund keeper or if not available, a Peervoter chooses from the following in that order:

• The funds will be transferred to another fund for the promotion of Peercoin or its legacy if available
  • The funds will be transferred to a key development project for Peercoin or closely related if available
  • The funds will be transferred to an official charity

More info on the fund can be found on its forum board, and you see the list of previous successful submissions here.

Feel free to post any thoughts or preferences you have for Peercoin marketing in this thread.

Please keep the fund for another term. Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

Just like to chip in here. This was a bit of a baby of me and I’m truly disappointed in the limited uptake of this fund. My only conclusion is that there is barely a need for such a fund. I suppose it is hard for devs and traders and investors which likely make the majority for the community to actively support marketing initiatives. Probably not in their nature, with the odd exception.

It is a matter of use it or loose it. We have already enough funds sitting dead against some of our projects (see peer4commit).
I would rather see the remaining money invested in some active projects, but that will be up for voting.

@mhps, please give me a good reason to keep the fund for another term please.

I would like to see this continue, I have not been active in marketing proposals but I would like to see peercoin advertised more and put out there to the public.

New peershares implementation could potentially work with this fund to bring awareness etc.

Am I right in thinking that you will close as someone has not requested peercointalk has 3 months of advertising on reddit? And need help paying for this cost? Is this what the fund was for?

Or I’d like to go to a btc conference this year, help finance some peercoin clothing so I can be a walking ppc banner??

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Needless to say, I like the fund. :wink:

Even though it hasn’t seen recent activity, you never know when things will suddenly spring to life in crypto! I would suggest to keep it.

[quote=“Chronos, post:5, topic:3582”]Needless to say, I like the fund. :wink:

Even though it hasn’t seen recent activity, you never know when things will suddenly spring to life in crypto! I would suggest to keep it.[/quote]

Yes, it’s been slow over the last year, but that could all change in a heartbeat. You never know when you might need it, so that’s why I lean on the side of keeping it. Since it hasn’t really needed the attention of either Cybnate or River over the last term I assume it wasn’t a burden to them as fundkeepers. Would they be willing to do another term, or would they rather move on? As long as they’re still willing to manage it I say we should just revote them in as they’re excellent fundkeepers. If they would rather not commit to another term though then we would need to know so we can try selecting somebody else to take over.

so that we are prepared and ready to take opportunities life throw at us.

[quote=“Chronos, post:5, topic:3582”]Needless to say, I like the fund. :wink:

Even though it hasn’t seen recent activity, you never know when things will suddenly spring to life in crypto! I would suggest to keep it.[/quote]
You are the exception I mentioned! Maybe I should call it the Chronos video fund :wink:

I don’t think it is good to commit to something which is not working well or performing as intended. It is with a heavy heart, but maybe that someone else can do a better job and making it spring to life.
On a different note I wondered whether @glock is still around. At least the language thread springs to life from time to time. My attention might be better spend there especially when @glock doesn’t return.

so that we are prepared and ready to take opportunities life throw at us.[/quote]
It was not meant as a savings account. It was meant as an active fund supporting community initiatives.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:4, topic:3582”]I would like to see this continue, I have not been active in marketing proposals but I would like to see peercoin advertised more and put out there to the public.

New peershares implementation could potentially work with this fund to bring awareness etc.

Am I right in thinking that you will close as someone has not requested peercointalk has 3 months of advertising on reddit? And need help paying for this cost? Is this what the fund was for?

Or I’d like to go to a btc conference this year, help finance some peercoin clothing so I can be a walking ppc banner??[/quote]
As long as it is for the promotion of Peercoin and you can convince the required numbers of forum members you can apply for funding. I’ve listed many examples on he Board to inspire people without much uptake.

I’m also not a fan of having another idle fund, so I personally don’t plan on volunteering for another term.

If the fund is closed, my suggestion for the remaining funds would be to help with logos and a website for Peerapps, but I haven’t spoken to emeth or anyone about it so I don’t know their plans.

If anyone is willing to volunteer to be a fund keeper, then please post in this thread soon. There seems to be some interest in keeping the fund, but we need to know if there will be anyone to manage it before having a vote on what to do.

Bumping that ^^^

Guess it just a peer4commit project, all voting done through forum etc just need to pay out correct amount etc.

Happy to put my name forward for a fund keeper.

Fuzzybear

How much is left in the fund?

I agree…peercoin needs to continue being pushed, find a new team and do no abolish the campaigns!!

1092 PPC

@Fuzzybear, do you want me to start the voting for you?
When you are not voted in and there are no other candidates, we should vote to where the funds are transferred to.

1092 PPC

@Fuzzybear, do you want me to start the voting for you?
When you are not voted in and there are no other candidates, we should vote to where the funds are transferred to.[/quote]
Sure feel free to start a vote thread and we can see what response there is.

Fuzzybear

I’ve just opened a voting thread here: https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4249.0

Please vote in that thread to determine where the remaining Marketing Funds should go to.