Effort spreaded thin in peer-sphere

The forum has been very quiet. I for one feel that there are so many things going on with Nu that I can’t pay much attention to a lot of interesting things that are being done or should be done. I will list them here.
For peercoin:

• increase the number minting nodes and total minting coinage
  • cold-locked minting
  • Android wallet
  • new kind of client – ppcd
  • PR drive to let the world know that “nothing-at-stake” is no more for peercoin
  • pooled and predictive minting for small stakes
    For peershares:
  • PR drive to create adoption
  • Understand why there isn’t an application except for Nu by now?

Our neighbor is having an earthquake trying to consolidate. Hope peersphere can keep focused.

I think ppc 0.5 will get peercoin back in de top 3 no problem. Especially cold locked minting and the gradual removal of checkpointing are big steps

[quote=“mhps, post:1, topic:3000”]For peershares:

• PR drive to create adoption
  • Understand why there isn’t an application except for Nu by now?[/quote]

This definitely needs more attention. If we are not constantly pushing for merchant adoption like other coins, then Peershares adoption should be a primary focus so that Peercoin starts being used for something.

I’m guessing some were waiting for Nu to be released before thinking about starting their own implementation. Since I understand that Nu is closed-source, have things like motion voting been made available for the Peershares template that could make it more appealing?

This is a quote from Jordan before the release of NuBits…

Maybe Ben or somebody can clarify when Peershares will be upgraded with voting functionality.

Also, I agree that this should be our primary focus now. We’ve been doing Reddit advertising for Peercoin. Maybe we should be doing this for Peershares instead and targeting businesses that might use something like Peershares. We could also work on upgrading the peershares.net website with some more content to help explain to newcomers how Peershares and Peercoin can better serve their needs.

Maybe Ben or somebody can clarify when Peershares will be upgraded with voting functionality.

That really depends on a lot of variables, too. We’re spread really thin, too, so to date it hasn’t been a priority. If there is genuine interest in seeing it upgraded (in addition to absorbing updates from Peerunity at the same time), I can bring it up with Jordan Lee and SigMike. As I think more about it, a good solution may be to use a Peershares update as a way to bring additional developers up to speed.