Ecoining Peercoin Pool - 1% fee - PPLNS payment system

[quote=“Zangy, post:118, topic:1347”]Firstly, really enjoying this pool, will bring on another 220Gh on Saturday (every little helps!)

Having quite a few dropped miners though… all seems to be up and running fine now.

Keep up the good work.
Z[/quote]

Thank you mate! :slight_smile:

We’re working in those drops… The pool’s been running fine for a month and since 2/3 days ago drops are happening. First, the new wallet used to stop without apparent reason. We’ve found what seems to be a programming bug related to glibc (even though those libraries are the same since day 1) and since rolling back to our old wallet did not solved the issue (which doesn’t have any sense to us), we’ve restored an old backup of the whole wallet server and that seems to have solved the issue of the wallet daemon stopping. Also we’ve found this last week that when a block is found, stratum drops miners and reconnects them. This behaviour didn’t happen before, so we’re checking a couple of things to see why that strange behaviour happens. So funny! (not really >:()

[quote=“Zangy, post:119, topic:1347”]Actually something has been bothering me…

My VARDIFF on my miners is approx. 115, and so when a miner finds a valid share and submits it to the pool, I would expect my “shares found/contributed” figure to go up in steps of 115.

Looks like my contribution on the shares is showing ALOT lower that what I know has been contributed (showing on CGMINER etc).

Is each share displayed worth more than “1”?[/quote]

In your cgminer, you should just worry about R(rejected) and HW(hardware errors). They should be as close to 0 as possible and always under 1-2%. S(stale) there should be none -or almost- with stratum. Each share sent has a different value taken into account at payouts. Anyway, send us an email to support@ecoining.com with a cgminer screencap and the time period it represents, and we’ll check it out and do some math for you. :slight_smile:

Check out the Getting Started page: https://peercoin.ecoining.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted
If you have any doubt, you can write us using the contact form or your email and we’ll gladly help you.

Thank you everyone for your support!!

The disconnections seem to have stop. Also in the last two blocks stratum did not drop anyone.

Fortunately everything is going back to normal!

I think you must have a minimum difficulty of 16, as the maths supports this. I.e. every share found (> 16 diff) counts as 1 shre, so this all looks fine. Disconnects seemed to have stopped which is good… hopefully find another block soon… @ 260%!

Great pool, it looks like it is more or less finding 1 to 2 blocks a day, which is a good news. Now can I get an android app to monitor my workers? Something similar to D7’s would be good :wink:

Today we solved 3 blocks in 4 hours! :slight_smile:

As to the app, I’m working on it, but my java/android skills s$*k!! So it’s taking a while!!

As to other pool improvements, the chat is almost done and soon we’ll implement stratum through port 80 too.

Thank you for you support!! :smiley:

Yeah I’ve seen that ! 48 hours without something and today, BOOM !

I’ve won my first PPC, 1.142490 exactly, in 3 days with ~7.5GH/s.

It’s not a lot but it’s a good start :wink:

[quote=“bitb3n, post:126, topic:1347”]Yeah I’ve seen that ! 48 hours without something and today, BOOM !

I’ve won my first PPC, 1.142490 exactly, in 3 days with ~7.5GH/s.

It’s not a lot but it’s a good start ;)[/quote]

Congratulations on your first PPC!! :slight_smile: The first of many!!

Thank you :smiley:

Yes I hope, I’m waiting for 7.5GH/s more… Maybe the next week :wink:

6 blocks in the last 24h with just 40% of estimated shares sent :slight_smile:

Coins for everyone!!! :smiley:

Even though I know that it’s a “team effort” and that the circumstances for the right solution coming up are dependent on everyone in the pool’s contributions, I’m always happy to see that I’ve solved a block! :slight_smile:

Hello fellow miners!!

We just want to comunicate you that from 8th march we’ll start charging a 1% fee for using our pool.

We tried to run the pool on donations but unfortunately we couldn’t even cover the server expenses. During the ~month the pool’s been running 4,540 PPC have been mined, of those 9’7 have been donated to us, which represents about 0’2% of median donation. Also our funds for fast payments are becoming scarce as we grow (1150 unconfirmed coins at the time of writing this) and our bank accounts and wives don’t let us buy more Peercoins!! :wink:

If you do some math though you’ll see a low 1% fee it’s still not much, so if you think we do a good job here, donations will still be greatly appreciated!! :smiley:

Said that, thank you everyone for your support! Especially to those of you that were with us in those (quoting Ben) dark times when we had to wait many days to solve a single block. We are in a 6 hours estimate right now and a little less every day :slight_smile:

Ecoining Pool Ops
MrBickle & Paumiau

Let’s make a deal.

I really your pool, and agree to the 1% charge, as I still mine there.

Any chance of getting some sort of chat up by the March 8th deadline? If you do that, I’ll love your pool forever. :slight_smile:

Shame but understandable, I only just joined up too :slight_smile:

Cheers, LeafCutter

[quote=“ppcman, post:132, topic:1347”]Let’s make a deal.

I really your pool, and agree to the 1% charge, as I still mine there.

Any chance of getting some sort of chat up by the March 8th deadline? If you do that, I’ll love your pool forever. :)[/quote]

Paumiau says: Challenge accepted!! :slight_smile:

[quote=“mrbickle, post:131, topic:1347”]Hello fellow miners!!

We just want to comunicate you that from 8th march we’ll start charging a 1% fee for using our pool.

We tried to run the pool on donations but unfortunately we couldn’t even cover the server expenses. During the ~month the pool’s been running 4,540 PPC have been mined, of those 9’7 have been donated to us, which represents about 0’2% of median donation. Also our funds for fast payments are becoming scarce as we grow (1150 unconfirmed coins at the time of writing this) and our bank accounts and wives don’t let us buy more Peercoins!! :wink:

If you do some math though you’ll see a low 1% fee it’s still not much, so if you think we do a good job here, donations will still be greatly appreciated!! :smiley:

Said that, thank you everyone for your support! Especially to those of you that were with us in those (quoting Ben) dark times when we had to wait many days to solve a single block. We are in a 6 hours estimate right now and a little less every day :slight_smile:

Ecoining Pool Ops
MrBickle & Paumiau[/quote]

Quite agree… even 1% is very low.

More importantly, when is the pool switching to PPLNS? Or are we still happy with current proportional?

[quote=“Zangy, post:135, topic:1347”]Quite agree… even 1% is very low.

More importantly, when is the pool switching to PPLNS? Or are we still happy with current proportional?[/quote]

On March 8th we’re switching to PPLNS too :slight_smile:

I am not here blindly making any accusations, just so I cover this first!!

Second.

On this Ecoining Peercoin Pool site I have a concern I would like to address without anyone making any assumptions first!

Under the “getting started” tab they have a link for a Windows CG miner program. Norton flags it and blocks the site entirely stating there are 7 malicious threats and lists every single one of their miner programs on the Windows CG Miner link.

I know some Virus programs block specific code because of Bot Nets, but I talked to Ben tonight and we tested this with another miner program download and Norton was fine with both the site and the file.

This is just an informative heads up.

[quote=“Drummel, post:137, topic:1347”]I am not here blindly making any accusations, just so I cover this first!!

Second.

On this Ecoining Peercoin Pool site I have a concern I would like to address without anyone making any assumptions first!

Under the “getting started” tab they have a link for a Windows CG miner program. Norton flags it and blocks the site entirely stating there are 7 malicious threats and lists every single one of their miner programs on the Windows CG Miner link.

I know some Virus programs block specific code because of Bot Nets, but I talked to Ben tonight and we tested this with another miner program download and Norton was fine with both the site and the file.

This is just an informative heads up.[/quote]

Hello, thanks for sharing your concerns but:

We are not linking a “Windows cgminer program”, there is a link to the official cgminer page, so if there is any problem you should address them, as it’s nothing pool related. If you check Google, the bitcoin wiki or the cgminer github page, you’ll find the same link.

Also, you shouldn’t use Norton. That is not a good anti-virus nor a good software to have in your personal computer.

I found block nr. 98885 and I’m still not rewarded after 520 blocks :frowning:
How come?

[quote=“GordonBM, post:139, topic:1347”]I found block nr. 98885 and I’m still not rewarded after 520 blocks :frowning:
How come?[/quote]

Hello GordonBM. Your share of the block was paid almost instantly when the block was found (we actually pay the blocks with 5-10 confirmations, so no need to wait 520 confirms). You can check the transaction in the transactions page of the pool. The transaction ID is 7893.

TxID: 7893
User: GordonBM
Date: 2014-02-28 11:38:34
Type: Credit
Block: 98885
Amount: 1.82292461