Ecoining Peercoin Pool - 1% fee - PPLNS payment system

Very soon we will implement SSL & Two factor authentication. First we want to make sure there are no problems in our test pools.

By the way we are also working on implementing a shoutbox, a mobile app, a cleaner design and few other things :slight_smile:

We lowered transaction fee to 0.02 PPC. Somehow we left the 0.1 default in the last MPOS upgrade.

Great pool, been mining on it over the last week, hit and miss right now because my broadband keeps dropping about once a day.

Looking forward to the mobile app and updates.

Regards

Thanks for doing that, I think you guys run a great pool.

Iā€™m also impressed that Fuzzybear and Ben both mine there too!

NOTE TO ALL Try out peercoin.ecoining.com (even just throw your miners at it for an hour and see how high we can get the hashrate up)

It also helps Peercoin to spread the PoW in different pools.

Thanks for doing that, I think you guys run a great pool.

Iā€™m also impressed that Fuzzybear and Ben both mine there too!

NOTE TO ALL Try out peercoin.ecoining.com (even just throw your miners at it for an hour and see how high we can get the hashrate up)

It also helps Peercoin to spread the PoW in different pools.[/quote]

Itā€™s difficultā€¦ Weā€™ve already got more than 300 registered users, but most of people just join, mine for an hour and leave, making it difficult to mantain a high hashrate. We are very happy with our base users thoughā€¦

Hopefully soon weā€™ll finish working on some big pool updates and weā€™ll spend some cash in forum advertising to pump up the hashrate. Not much, as with 0% fee and roughly a 0ā€™1% of median donation, plus pool operational costs, our economy is not the greatest!! ;D

We are still excited and working hard though, and overall very satisfied with these few weeks of poolā€™s life. We really belive in Peercoin too so weā€™ll keep pushing to make it happen!!

Cheers and thanks everyone for your support!!

Saludos desde Dakota del Sur!

Hello!

Weā€™ve just upgraded MPOS with added security features, some really good backend improvements and bug fixes. It seems everything is working fine, but please notify us if you see anything not working as it should.

One of our best devs will be on vacation next week, so probably weā€™ll see some important changes soon.

Thanks for your support!!

Hola Orochi!! :slight_smile:

I noticed that sometimes the site claims the worker is not active and I donā€™t see any changes on the dashboard, however the worker randomly shows as active. Is the site just not properly updating, the pool having issues looking for the status of my worker, or is cgminer just magically no longer authenticating yet showing me itā€™s fine.

Hello Josh, are you mining with a small device? That usually happens when Mining with CPU or small hashrate devices that spend a lot of time between every accepted share sent. In between every share, MPOS thinks you are disconnected.

I want to fix that implementing a drop down menu to set a minimum vardiff difficulty. That way you can send difficulty 1 shares while big miners start with a higher diff, which would be much more efficient that the same for everyone. This is not implemented in stratum, and I donā€™t like fixed difficulty, so Iā€™ll study what the best option is.

Cheers!!

[quote=ā€œmrbickle, post:89, topic:1347ā€]Hello Josh, are you mining with a small device? That usually happens when Mining with CPU or small hashrate devices that spend a lot of time between every accepted share sent. In between every share, MPOS thinks you are disconnected.

I want to fix that implementing a drop down menu to set a minimum vardiff difficulty. That way you can send difficulty 1 shares while big miners start with a higher diff, which would be much more efficient that the same for everyone. This is not implemented in stratum, and I donā€™t like fixed difficulty, so Iā€™ll study what the best option is.

Cheers!![/quote]

No, Iā€™m not mining on a small device actually, mining on a Nvidia GTX 660TI with 120+ M/Hashes and have had 1039 shares accepted over the last 12 or so hours with a difficulty of 16.

Thanks for replying by the way, I appreciate it. Keep up the fantastic work. Made sure 5% of the payout is donated.

Unfortunately a GPU providing120 MH/s is indeed a small device to mine Peercoin. Youā€™d get something like 0.1 PPC/month at the current difficulty, which does not cover even the electricity cost.

You should probably mine a low difficulty scrypt coin to make the mining worth.

Cheers!

[quote=ā€œmrbickle, post:91, topic:1347ā€]Unfortunately a GPU providing120 MH/s is indeed a small device to mine Peercoin. Youā€™d get something like 0.1 PPC/month at the current difficulty, which does not cover even the electricity cost.

Cheers![/quote]

Ah, thanks for the information. I primarily do day-trading on BTC-E and trying to actually use crypto-currency as an actual currency rather than a commodity and figured I had a spare GTX laying around that I could put to use. Anyways, Iā€™ll keep it running just to see what I can get out of it, not too concerned about the whole electricity issue.

[quote=ā€œJoshStrobl, post:92, topic:1347ā€][quote=ā€œmrbickle, post:91, topic:1347ā€]Unfortunately a GPU providing120 MH/s is indeed a small device to mine Peercoin. Youā€™d get something like 0.1 PPC/month at the current difficulty, which does not cover even the electricity cost.

Cheers![/quote]

Ah, thanks for the information. I primarily do day-trading on BTC-E and trying to actually use crypto-currency as an actual currency rather than a commodity and figured I had a spare GTX laying around that I could put to use. Anyways, Iā€™ll keep it running just to see what I can get out of it, not too concerned about the whole electricity issue.[/quote]

In that case, your best bet, if you wanted to help support the Peercoin network, is to use your GPU miner to mine something like Vertcoin and then use those acquired coins for trading > PPC, to help increase the daily volume of peercoins on BTC-e.

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m doing with my GPU rig!! Not sure if vertcoin price will maintain thoughā€¦

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m doing with my GPU rig!! Not sure if vertcoin price will maintain thoughā€¦[/quote]

Perhaps not long term, but what could be nice is a sort of ā€œCoinWarzā€-esque tool that will help you figure out what the best exchange rate is.

[quote=ā€œJoshStrobl, post:90, topic:1347ā€][quote=ā€œmrbickle, post:89, topic:1347ā€]Hello Josh, are you mining with a small device? That usually happens when Mining with CPU or small hashrate devices that spend a lot of time between every accepted share sent. In between every share, MPOS thinks you are disconnected.

Cheers!![/quote]

No, Iā€™m not mining on a small device actually, mining on a Nvidia GTX 660TI with 120+ M/Hashes and have had 1039 shares accepted over the last 12 or so hours with a difficulty of 16.

Thanks for replying by the way, I appreciate it. Keep up the fantastic work. Made sure 5% of the payout is donated.[/quote]
That is a small deviceā€¦ Your electric bill will be more than you makeā€¦ Unless you have free electricity.

Iā€™m a little confused by estimated shares. It says we are 104.33% done. Shouldnā€™t there be a new block by now? :ā€™(

On an average a block should be found at 100%, so if you are under 100% the pool is lucky if you are over 100% the pool is unlucky.

Any sort of estimate on how unlucky we could get? 125%? 150? 4,000? :o

Unfortunately when it comes to luck there is no estimatedā€¦ Few days ago we solved 4 blocks in a 24h period, when we were supposed to find 1 every +30 hours. The next one came at +200% of estimated shares. As we are still few miners, when the pool is lucky lots of coins are delivered. The same with the unlucky streaks (that fortunately have been few so far). In the month the pool have been running Iā€™d say we have been very lucky though, starting with a 1% of estimated shares first block found by fuzzy :slight_smile:

By the way, weā€™ve added a small FAQ in the poolā€™s left HELP menu where this and other questions are answered. Contributions are very appreciated. What are your questions not answered there?

Thanks for your support!!