Ecoining Peercoin Pool - 1% fee - PPLNS payment system

Why is the hashrate fluctuating so much, one minute I am at 180 gh/s the next I am at 80 gh/s

When I check the Pool Stats it seems everyone else is fluctuating at the same time.

Its a bit off putting, when I first joined I spent a lot of time checking my own rigs, until I realised its the site not me.

[quote=“steveuk, post:61, topic:1347”]Why is the hashrate fluctuating so much, one minute I am at 180 gh/s the next I am at 80 gh/s

When I check the Pool Stats it seems everyone else is fluctuating at the same time.

Its a bit off putting, when I first joined I spent a lot of time checking my own rigs, until I realised its the site not me.[/quote]

We’ve been as you, checking all day without understanding this fluctuations, but just few minutes ago we found a bug in stratum that is responsible of this. Every time there is an invalid share (there should be about 1-3%) the statistics fluctuate. There is a user whom I already contacted, that is cpu mining and only getting invalid shares, so instead a 1-3% fluctuation over time, there are many more, causing this big mess. Mining is not affected and all shares are accounted though, It’s just a statistics thing. In few hours we’ll have the issue solved!

I have to say again, really thanks to all our miners. Without your support we would not be able to test and fix the code, as there are many things not working out of the box (I guess that’s why there are so few PPC pools). Once we fix this we just have to check a couple of small things and we’ll be done! :slight_smile:

There’s a 0% fee set until we have regular block finding, but all of you will have 0% fee forever for your huge help.

Cheers!

Great Explanation thanks.

At least we know our work is being accounted for.

Hope you sort it without too much stress.

Finally after some work the bug has been solved :slight_smile:

Invalids are accounted as they should and are not interfering with the statistics.

Keep giving us your negative and positive feedback to make the pool the great pool we want it to be.

Thanks for your support!!

Good to know pool is working again :slight_smile:

I don’t want to be pessimistic but isn’t this against all odds we haven’t found third block? Could there be anykind of error in pools programming or is this totally bad luck?

[quote=“pelimies, post:65, topic:1347”]Good to know pool is working again :slight_smile:

I don’t want to be pessimistic but isn’t this against all odds we haven’t found third block? Could there be anykind of error in pools programming or is this totally bad luck?[/quote]
no no not at all… in fact we have been lucky on the pool so far in finding the 2 blocks… average time between blocks will vary on the total hashrate of the pool… was at about 2 days per block at highest i have seen it… but when i was lone miner at 60GH its like 200+ days average time to find block… and I found one in 4 days or something… so we have been very lucky.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“pelimies, post:65, topic:1347”]Good to know pool is working again :slight_smile:

I don’t want to be pessimistic but isn’t this against all odds we haven’t found third block? Could there be anykind of error in pools programming or is this totally bad luck?[/quote]

You can see the number of estimated shares to solve a block and how much of it has been solved in the pool’s dashboard. You can see information of past blocks too.

Round Shares
Est. Shares 1,868,458 (done: 69.69%)
Pool Valid 1,302,134
Pool Invalid 110 (0.01%)

Right now there’s a 70% aprox of a block solved. So with no luck involved at all there’s still 30% needed to find it. Of course there’s luck involved though, so you never know. The first block was found with just 1’37% of the estimated shares. The second one with 93’81%. So we’ve been very lucky till now. :slight_smile:

I’m all for being “lucky,” so if anyone has a rain dance or magic spell they can cast to let us solve blocks every day or so, I’ll send over a few PPC as a sign of thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

Great news! Today, after a lot of coding and testing, Ecoining Peercoin Pool is at last officially stable and in production :slight_smile:

To celebrate our arrival, there is a block bonus of 2 PPC for the finder of the next 5 blocks. Come and get them!!

Special thanks to FuzzyBear and Ben, whitout your help we could have not made it! :slight_smile:

[quote=“mrbickle, post:69, topic:1347”]Great news! Today, after a lot of coding and testing, Ecoining Peercoin Pool is at last officially stable and in production :slight_smile:

To celebrate our arrival, there is a block bonus of 2 PPC for the finder of the next 5 blocks. Come and get them!!

Special thanks to FuzzyBear and Ben, whitout your help we could have not made it! :)[/quote]
Awesome update great to hear, and very happy to have been able to help you out with bringing your pool to the highs and glory of where it is today :smiley: well… i just pointed my miner… u did all the coding :slight_smile:

Come on my miner lets find some big shares please :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

I want to join this pool but having problems geting my miner to connect.

Annyone using a Technobit HEX16A2 here?

[quote=“Destiffmast, post:71, topic:1347”]I want to join this pool but having problems geting my miner to connect.

Annyone using a Technobit HEX16A2 here?[/quote]

Any error in your miner? Have you created a worker? Does your miner support stratum?

[quote=“mrbickle, post:72, topic:1347”][quote=“Destiffmast, post:71, topic:1347”]I want to join this pool but having problems geting my miner to connect.

Annyone using a Technobit HEX16A2 here?[/quote]

Any error in your miner? Have you created a worker? Does your miner support stratum?[/quote]

Hi there,

No errors at all just freeze.

All good with the miner, it is something I am doing wrong. I have been mining in btc guild for a long time so the miner is not the problem, the problem is me being a noob.

I put all the settings as usual in this miner and when I start is freezes not responding, but if I go to btc guild it starts straight away. It has to be a setting problem. I am sure someone here must be using these 24gh miners, give me hand please if you don’t mind.

Have you created a worker in the pool and connect with username.workername and worker password?

Ok maybe its this “username.workername”

Do I have to put my username form the site, plus my worker name? Like Destiffmast.Workername?

Its mining now but on the site its showing as worker inactive

I messed up everything now I can’t even mine anymore, I am getting a error saying “warning proxy getwork_listener.render_POST # Authorization required”

Any idea what did I mess up now?

All was working fine before i tried to add ppc pool, so I deleted and downloaded all again start from scratch but still getting same error :frowning:

So I don’t have an answer for the above question, but I would like to know what pay out are we running now PPLNS? or Prop? and if PPLNS how is N defined? And hopefully I can find those next five blocks for ya … :wink:

[quote=“Destiffmast, post:76, topic:1347”]I messed up everything now I can’t even mine anymore, I am getting a error saying “warning proxy getwork_listener.render_POST # Authorization required”

Any idea what did I mess up now?

All was working fine before i tried to add ppc pool, so I deleted and downloaded all again start from scratch but still getting same error :-([/quote]
Now to help out with that, when you say “messed up everything” can you be more specific? The pool set up should be:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://peercoin.ecoining.com:3336 -u Destiffmast.Worker -p Worker_password
If you are running that pre-loaded router and have the cgminer gui:
Pool1: stratum+tcp://peercoin.ecoining.com:3336
poll1 worker: Destiffmast.Worker
pool1 pass: Worker_password

BTCGuild has ‘_’ score in the name and this pool has a ‘.’ I sometimes forget which one has which.

Until we have regular block finding (few blocks every day), we’ll use Prop. Then we’ll switch to PPLNS with a dynamic window. Anyway, we are working in few things and have some others in mind. One of these is alowing the user to choose the preferred payment system. In the end we want to let the miners switch to PPS or RBPPS (paying a higher fee).

The site needs a secure login asap.