[Download] Peercoin-Raspi-Desktop - Automated installer for raspberry pi

pafford, it means that your peercoin client is not running, so you are not minting, that’s all

Kool, so does this qualify me for the bounty?

The peercoin-raspi install is automated from sources, that is also the reason why its so slow :slight_smile: But all binaries and code are 100% from verifiable sources.

[quote=“ppafford, post:62, topic:2255”]Kool, so does this qualify me for the bounty?

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2800.0[/quote]

I think you need to have a running client and some photos, be sure to read the requirements and you should be ok

The peercoin-raspi install is automated from sources, that is also the reason why its so slow :slight_smile: But all binaries and code are 100% from verifiable sources.[/quote]

I was thinking of an automated Rasperry Pi image generator in fact.

In a perfect world, it would be great to have an automated update process too :slight_smile:

Downloading the block chain now. Soon up and running :pbjt:

I made such an image for the 0.3.0 client, but decided not to do that for 0.4. In theory, you could have put virus-like code in the peercoin client in your image, or added some other binary with the intention of stealing coins from users. I’m not saying that you did, but it can’t be checked.

I made this installation like this on purpose, so every source can be verified. That way everyone can be certain that their wallet is running on the official peercoin client, on an official raspbian release with no secret additives. After all, peercoin is money, and you want to keep that money in a place that can be checked for safety.[/quote]

Indeed this is true. The safest way is to build your own, but it is also a lot of work. To get better Peercoin adoption, we need to find ways to make this easy for people. There is usually a risk/reward tradoff.

I made such an image for the 0.3.0 client, but decided not to do that for 0.4. In theory, you could have put virus-like code in the peercoin client in your image, or added some other binary with the intention of stealing coins from users. I’m not saying that you did, but it can’t be checked.

I made this installation like this on purpose, so every source can be verified. That way everyone can be certain that their wallet is running on the official peercoin client, on an official raspbian release with no secret additives. After all, peercoin is money, and you want to keep that money in a place that can be checked for safety.[/quote]

Indeed this is true. The safest way is to build your own, but it is also a lot of work. To get better Peercoin adoption, we need to find ways to make this easy for people. There is usually a risk/reward tradoff.[/quote]

maybe for nodes with empty wallets it is not a big deal

added part 2 with automatic conversion to full nodes with automatic start of the client, and client restart when your ip changes

I’m up and running but I can’t post photos on the forum, is there a size or format I need to follow?

An Error Has Occurred!
Your attachment couldn’t be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

its best to upload them to imgur.com and post img links

Tea42,

Thanks for staying on top of this.

You are doing a great service to Peercoin.

I applaud you! Again! hahahaha :be happy: :eggs: :beee: :be happy: :alas:

NewMoneyEra :wink:

Tea42,

Thanks for staying on top of this.

You are doing a great service to Peercoin.

I applaud you! Again! hahahaha :be happy: :eggs: :beee: :be happy: :alas:

NewMoneyEra ;)[/quote]

NME thanks man! But, you are probably doing more than me, with all that PPC support you give to projects! O:-) :be happy:

Sorry I was about going on to set one of my Pi as a full node(part2), but the links to the scripts are broken, can you provide updated links?

or anyone can point me to the instructions.

I’m able to set an .rc script, but I don’t know which program I have to run and what port to forward.

thanks

@penzoiders: I’ve logged in on gmail, and now the links appear to be working again. Can you test?

yes, just downloaded.

I’ll run in desktop mode for today then I think I’ll switch to console only to give more resources.
do you confirm it’s possible to switch from desktop node to shell node and viceversa?

another question: when a new release of ppc will be out do you plan to release an update script? thanks for your work.
Glad to contribute to the network without much headaches in research!
too bad not any italian nodes here :slight_smile: will provide one!
http://bitinfocharts.com/ppcoin/nodes-active/

[quote=“penzoiders, post:76, topic:2255”]yes, just downloaded.

I’ll run in desktop mode for today then I think I’ll switch to console only to give more resources.
do you confirm it’s possible to switch from desktop node to shell node and viceversa?[/quote]
Yep an undo script will be generated (described in part 2), so you can roll back to the original desktop, and run the shell full node conversion. Be sure to roll back first though.

[quote=“penzoiders, post:76, topic:2255”]another question: when a new release of ppc will be out do you plan to release an update script? thanks for your work.
Glad to contribute to the network without much headaches in research!
too bad not any italian nodes here :slight_smile: will provide one!
http://bitinfocharts.com/ppcoin/nodes-active/[/quote]
Yep I’ll release an update script when a new version comes out. It’ll be the same script for full and standard nodes.
I think the install script will remain the same, as the script clones the current git repository and compiles it. I expect it’s going to work just fine for new versions as well.

can I do a shell conversion and it will use the same wallet right? I guess it is obvious (because you can switch back and forth), just checking to be sure

Thanks I’ve missed this step.

PS: is it possible to use wallet in shell mode or a gui is needed?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

@irritant:yep its the same wallet, it just starts ppcoind instead of ppcoin-qt

@penzoiders the wallet.dat is loaded in shell mode, with ppcoind. You can give commands through ppcoind, like: ppcoind getinfo
I think its pretty much the same commands as bitcoind: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list