[Download] Peercoin-Raspi-Desktop - Automated installer for raspberry pi

[quote=“irritant, post:37, topic:2255”]are you updating the scripts with new ones? the portnumber rule for ufw is still 9902 in this version, I guess you want to add/change different things too maybe that script from romerun from the other thread (i couldnt find it because there are two raspberry pi threads)

and maybe there is another one made by NME, not sure … should be merged probably[/quote]

No script from me. I’m thinking use the latest from Tea42.

shoot me :grave:

@n00b2013
your firewall rule should work fine.

You can try a few things to fix that error.

One of the easiest methods is deleting everything in /home/pi/.ppcoin/ except:
ppcoin-qt
ppcoind
wallet.dat
DB_CONFIG
ppcoin.conf

And then start ppcoin-qt again. The blockchain will be redownloaded.

You can also start a terminal and type
cd .ppcoin
ppcoin-qt --rescan

(im not sure if it’s --rescan or -rescan)
This will try to fix your local copy of the blockchain.

to run a full node, be sure to follow the second post for setting up a full node.

I fear I must reinstall or something …

"pi@raspberrypi ~/.ppcoin $ ./ppcoin-qt -rescan

EXCEPTION: N5boost12interprocess22interprocess_exceptionE
No such file or directory
ppcoin in Runaway exception
"
btw the folder only has ppcoin-qt and ppcoind, no wallet, nothing else

[quote=“n00b2013, post:44, topic:2255”]I fear I must reinstall or something …

"
btw the folder only has ppcoin-qt and ppcoind, no wallet, nothing else[/quote]

ok can you rerun ‘config peercoin’ from the desktop? it asks you for an rpc password, give it a long line of about 30 random characters, numbers etc. Your ppcoin.conf and DB_CONFIG will be generated by that script

[quote=“Tea42, post:45, topic:2255”][quote=“n00b2013, post:44, topic:2255”]I fear I must reinstall or something …

"
btw the folder only has ppcoin-qt and ppcoind, no wallet, nothing else[/quote]

ok can you rerun ‘config peercoin’ from the desktop? it asks you for an rpc password, give it a long line of about 30 random characters, numbers etc. Your ppcoin.conf and DB_CONFIG will be generated by that script[/quote]

i can, but if I run it from the desktop, it says access denied, although the script still asks me to generate a pass
if I go down to a terminal and sudo run that particular script, then the same “directory doesn’t exist” issue :frowning: I feel like the install was half installed somehow, I tried to re-run install last night and it generally hanged on “creating swap” Im guessing something is totally screwed with my install :frowning:

[quote=“n00b2013, post:46, topic:2255”]i can, but if I run it from the desktop, it says access denied, although the script still asks me to generate a pass
if I go down to a terminal and sudo run that particular script, then the same “directory doesn’t exist” issue :frowning: I feel like the install was half installed somehow, I tried to re-run install last night and it generally hanged on “creating swap” Im guessing something is totally screwed with my install :([/quote]

Did you create a new user? My scripts only work for user ‘pi’.

If you start a terminal and type echo $HOME, is a path given? It should be /home/pi

Also, you can try
sudo chmod 666 /home/pi/.ppcoin
That sets write access for any user in the folder .ppcoin

[quote=“Tea42, post:47, topic:2255”][quote=“n00b2013, post:46, topic:2255”]i can, but if I run it from the desktop, it says access denied, although the script still asks me to generate a pass
if I go down to a terminal and sudo run that particular script, then the same “directory doesn’t exist” issue :frowning: I feel like the install was half installed somehow, I tried to re-run install last night and it generally hanged on “creating swap” Im guessing something is totally screwed with my install :([/quote]

Did you create a new user? My scripts only work for user ‘pi’.

If you start a terminal and type echo $HOME, is a path given? It should be /home/pi

Also, you can try
sudo chmod 666 /home/pi/.ppcoin
That sets write access for any user in the folder .ppcoin[/quote]

nope, standard pi, but I would of changed the pathways if I did :slight_smile:
I modded the script again to uninstall everything, updates, delete all ppcoin; then do a clean install, hope this time it takes

I feel the issue has to do with the compilation, I keep getting a lot of these “Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for this architecture”, don’t know what it means though

that is normal, I get those warnings too. It seemed to be an issue with your /home/pi/.ppcoin directory, you should be able to write a ppcoin.conf there

wow went through the whole thing all over again and same results … til i did chmod 777, btw thats the code for all access, 666 generally blocked even user pi to it lol, only allowing root

edit: that made the qt run, but the qt-conf script still no go, it doesnt create the conf file does it ? i had to create a file manually for it to edit into it
looked at the script, doesnt seem that it does create a file …

also might add

sudo raspi-config

option 1 to expand SD Card space to use all

[quote=“n00b2013, post:50, topic:2255”]wow went through the whole thing all over again and same results … til i did chmod 777, btw thats the code for all access, 666 generally blocked even user pi to it lol, only allowing root

edit: that made the qt run, but the qt-conf script still no go, it doesnt create the conf file does it ? i had to create a file manually for it to edit into it
looked at the script, doesnt seem that it does create a file …[/quote]
ah y ofc directories need the execute bit too… :alas:

the install script doesnt generate ppcoin.conf, but the config peercoin script does. Its on your desktop or in /home/pi/scripts

[quote=“ppafford, post:51, topic:2255”]also might add

sudo raspi-config

option 1 to expand SD Card space to use all[/quote]

its in the setup guide pdf (download item 3)

Ah I see, sorry I just followed the short guide via ssh. First attempt I ran out of space :-[ . I also modified the script and removed the ssh purge and added gnome-rdp, will let you know how it goes once it’s done compiling

[quote=“Tea42, post:52, topic:2255”][quote=“n00b2013, post:50, topic:2255”]wow went through the whole thing all over again and same results … til i did chmod 777, btw thats the code for all access, 666 generally blocked even user pi to it lol, only allowing root

looked at the script, doesnt seem that it does create a file …[/quote]
ah y ofc directories need the execute bit too… :alas:

the install script doesnt generate ppcoin.conf, but the config peercoin script does. Its on your desktop or in /home/pi/scripts[/quote]

hey Tea, thats what im saying, the peercoin config script did not gen the conf file, it just tried to write to it, couldnt find it and errored out on me every time

Based on Tea42’s excellent script and instructions, I built Peercoin 0.4 onto a Raspberry Pi and got it running nicely.

The build process takes about 3 hours and then a few hours more are needed to sync the blockchain, so I thought it might be helpful to share an SD card image of a clean Raspbian install with Peercoin 0.4 installed and blockchain synced. With this image, a Pi can be up and running Peercoin within ~15 minutes.

Tea42’s original script also added a firewall and removed some standard Raspbian applications (for extra security). My image does not include those modifications. This is standard 2014-01-07-wheezy-raspian with Peercoin installed and blockchain synced.

Downoad the image file: ppc-pi-20140512.zip
bittorrent manget link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d122e35ed2fc09ea7719b36191f54f2e127b050a&dn=ppc-pi-20140512.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

or

download via Bittorent Sync code: B3RSY4GJQCR3GNISJP4A5UTA5SC7FP7ET

Instructions for SD setup via Windows

Unzip downloaded file

Use a blank SD card 8GB minimum size, class 10 speed recommended.

In windows, Format blank SD card using SD Formatter 4.0

Install image on SD card with Win32 Disk Imager
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download

Put the SD card into the Rasperry Pi and power-up. Once it is booted, you can access via keyboard and HDMI or remote access from your PC. The login is user: pi Password: Peercoin1 change the password immediately

Start-up Peercoin-qt from the desktop (or command line). It shoud quickly sync up and be ready to go. It shoud create a new PPC address for you, but I recommend creating new addresses before using it.

I’m receiving my Rasperry Pi tomorrow, I’ll give it a try. Thanx for helping.

edit: may be you could work with @Tea42 and @peerchemist on this Peercoin Minting Rasperry Pi OS, that would be great. (http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2824.0)

I made such an image for the 0.3.0 client, but decided not to do that for 0.4. In theory, you could have put virus-like code in the peercoin client in your image, or added some other binary with the intention of stealing coins from users. I’m not saying that you did, but it can’t be checked.

I made this installation like this on purpose, so every source can be verified. That way everyone can be certain that their wallet is running on the official peercoin client, on an official raspbian release with no secret additives. After all, peercoin is money, and you want to keep that money in a place that can be checked for safety.

I made such an image for the 0.3.0 client, but decided not to do that for 0.4. In theory, you could have put virus-like code in the peercoin client in your image, or added some other binary with the intention of stealing coins from users. I’m not saying that you did, but it can’t be checked.

I made this installation like this on purpose, so every source can be verified. That way everyone can be certain that their wallet is running on the official peercoin client, on an official raspbian release with no secret additives. After all, peercoin is money, and you want to keep that money in a place that can be checked for safety.[/quote]

May be some trustworthy person could build the Pi image like it is the case for the Windows and OS X builds. Could it be automated from sources ?

Do I need to open up a port on my router?

Something is wrong! ppcoin-qt is NOT running!

Last boot entry: reboot system boot 3.10.25+ Wed May 14 23:42 - 02:50 (03:07)

=====================

Peercoin info from your client. Check the errors:
error: couldn’t connect to server

UFW Firewall Status:

To Action From

9902 ALLOW Anywhere

=====================

greetings,
your Peercoin raspi