DONATE to the Peercoin Exchange Listing Fund - Let’s Expand Access to Peercoin!

2 Likes

This new listing fund is very significant for the project as a whole. For the first time, this is the Peercoin Foundation laying out publicly exactly what it is doing to achieve new exchange listings. As long as the community works together with the foundation to support the plan, we can increase access to peercoin trading around the world! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Retweet

Email Newsletter

https://mailchi.mp/0f6983c1e4bb/announcing-the-peercoin-exchange-listing-fund-3042685

The following question was posted on our Discord/Telegram trading channel. I feel this is a valid question and others may be wondering the same thing.

The Peercoin Foundation is currently not in a position to secure listing of Peercoin markets at massive exchanges like Bitfinex and Kraken. They are extremely expensive and they also have higher minimum requirements for listing, like minimum daily volume, community size and other factors. A rule of thumb is that money gets you everywhere you want.

Our current strategy here is to build ourselves up to it by first getting listed on these medium sized exchanges. This will help increase Peercoin’s trading volume, liquidity and price. As we build ourselves up in this way, we will naturally become more attractive to the larger exchanges over time.

Going straight to the top cannot work unless we have someone willing to finance the massive costs involved. Targeting medium sized exchanges such as the ones listed in the original post and building ourselves up slowly over time is less costly and more sustainable in the long run.

2 Likes

Is there any guidance on the amount to donate. I know this seems like a silly question, but you may get more donations if you say something like (for every 1000PPC you own, you should aim donate 0.01 BTC or something like that) so it gives a rule of thumb…

@Zangy, anything helps. It all adds up in the end. Everyone should donate by their conscience. That’s only fair.

What I can say is that BTC is more usable to us when it comes to new listings on exchanges, while PPC is used more to pay our staff.

Also, I can say that we have already secured a number of deals. Specifically, we have at least 3 exchanges in the pipeline all set and ready to go. The only thing needed is the BTC to pay for the listings, which is why we’ve come to the community for help. We’re ready to go at a moment’s notice once we receive funds.

OK, donation sent… hope it helps

4 Likes

What costs are we talking about at, say, Kraken? Do you have any numbers?

I’d really like to see PPC listed on Kraken…

Last I heard it was around $200k - $500k.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a lot… I am out :smiley: . Looks like it is a far way to get listed there…

1 Like

PPC needs Chinese to join to explode, so it needs to launch a Chinese exchange.
I think huobi.io is good, almost all Chinese trade there, it’s safe.
I have seen your suggestion that Upbit is currently ranked no. 1. What I want to say is that Chinese people cannot register and trade in Upbit exchange, which will lose a large market.

1 Like

The list is not ordered :slight_smile:

In fact, I can not buy/sell PPC in China, there is no exchange for trading. so, I recommend the AEX.plus exchange .

1 Like

Peace and Prosperity :peercoin: (No. 0268 / 1000)

airdrop wallet 0268.pdf (294.6 KB)