Does Receiving Coins Reset Stake?

Could anyone let me know if receiving coins resets stake?

I noticed that when I stopped receiving coins from a mining pool from a week I generated stake (and even mined a little bit of PPC from PoS), but now that I am receiving coins again my stake has reset to 0.

I realized that I didn’t have the reservebalance in my ppcoin.conf, so I added that, but I don’t think that is all I need to do.

If anyone can answer this for me, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Coin aging for one address is not reset if using a different address for new incoming coins, this is sure.

But I can not answer your question, if the receiving address remains the same.

[quote=“whifmoi, post:2, topic:138”]Coin aging for one address is not reset if using a different address for new incoming coins, this is sure.

But I can not answer your question, if the receiving address remains the same.[/quote]
Thank you for your response.

Does this mean that I can start sending payments to a different generated address (but same wallet) and that the coins I already have in the original address will generate stake? Or am I completely off base?

Yes, as long as we don’t know more about it, you can change the receiving address from time to time.

So, unless I’m mistaken, what you’re saying is that if you receive coins on the same address as you have used before your coin age is reset for both the new coins and the original ones, ie. you are back waiting for another 30 days for PoS to start again for all coins on that address.

No, what I was saying is that I doesn’t know it. We have to wait on someone who can tell us for sure.

No as far as I am aware the coins in the wallet on that addy earn their coin days… adding coins to the same account should not reset the days and u have to start again for POS… Each coin is separate from the rest and I was under the impression that you would earn POS on an coins so long as the coins are 30+ days old in your wallet.

SunnyKing has had problems accessing the fiorum as i blocked the IP’s that were spamming and turns out they were the Tor exit nodes, but removed this now and i’ll see if we can get him to clarify this for us… pretty sure I was earning POS even though still withdrawing to the same addy… just the newly withdrawn coins were not generating POS till their 30 days expired.

FuzzyBear

Fuzzy is right, coins (aka txout) have their coin-age accounted separately, so receiving new coins on the same address wouldn’t affect the age and coin-age of past received coins of the address.

Spending would affect some coins, depending on whether a particular coin (txout) was chosen as the inputs (txin) for the spending transaction.

FuzzyBear and Sunny King, thank you for the clarification. I greatly appreciate your responses to my query.

Do I understand that correctly?

I have 10 coins in my wallet for 30 days. Then I get another 10 coins. After that I send 10 coins to another wallet. If I have bad luck all my 10 coins with an age of 30 days will be sent and I have to wait 30 days again to start minting. If I am lucky the “new” ten coins will be sent and I have still 10 coins with an age of 30 days each. But most likely some of the “old” coins and some of the “new” will be sent. This is absolutly random?!

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :wink: