Do Peercoin need lightning network?

Do Peercoin need lightning network ? Lightning networks can increase user stickiness and good experience.Increase user base.The high fees make it difficult for peercoin to use,this will reduce the user base

We will likely continue developing onchain scaling before we get deep into offchain solutions. So this means that as txn volumes increase we will first increase the blocksize, then focus on solving txn malleability, leading ultimately to lightning network. But first blocksize increase, and we will likely avoid segwit.

Segwit could be a trend, and in that case we would be inevitable

[quote=“Nagalim, post:2, topic:5854, full:true”]
We will likely continue developing onchain scaling before we get deep into offchain solutions. So this means that as txn volumes increase we will first increase the blocksize, then focus on solving txn malleability, leading ultimately to lightning network. But first blocksize increase, and we will likely avoid segwit.
[/quote]Segwit can reduce the volume, which reflects our persistent view of energy conservation and environmental protection.
My understanding of Segwit, right?

It can make off-chain solutions possible to use, thus reducing on-chain volume, so yes, especially when the fee for on-chain transactions becomes larger. A higher on-chain fee will naturally push people to use off-chain solutions like Lightning.

However from what I’ve read, Segwit is over-complicated and it does not mix well with PoS. It heavily reinforces the nothing at stake argument, so it is probably best to find an alternative solution. The team has been looking into Bitcoin Classic and Flexible Transactions, but we have not decided anything yet. Our focus is currently in other areas and fixing transaction malleability is not a priority for us yet.

Segwit separates the signatures from the blocks. It does not reduce the volume, it simply allows people to ignore some of the information vital to validating the chain. It drastically changes the incentives for people to keep track of signatures which can cause issues, especially on PoS

Seems to be a private conversation, unable to view.

Thank you for your reply. I already know something about Segwit

For the record lightning network does not depend on the segwit but on transaction malleability fix.

1 Like