[Discussion] Managing a Primecoin Mining Cluster

I’m currently running a mining cluster. Currently 5 high-end machines, and looking to add two more and a server on Monday/Tuesday. I just wanted to put up a thread to discuss with people who have decent Primecoin mining operations. My first question is do you solo mine or use a pool?

Currently I am mining solo. I’ve got 5 Linux servers set up for mining, after almost a month. I have yet to mine anything. I may consider getting into a mining pool. I just need to set it up.

I am running between 7 and 13 machines, and I am pool mining on beeeeer.org (right amount of 'e’s?), and I have been mining for about a week. I have made a script that I download to the machine and run, which automatically downloads and starts the miner (all my machines are ubuntu server linux). I then check back occasionally to make sure everything is running smoothly / has not crashed. I use the program ‘superputty’ to manage my ssh connections, with each machine with its own tab.

;D

Last night I wrote a script to run Primeminer yesterday. I can detect when you find a block, and your mine rate. I was thinking about offering it as web service, so you monitor your miners stats, and auto-relaunch them them if it crashes. These things will crash without reason, and there seems to be a new update every other day. Would anyone be interested in this?

I have a cluster of a couple of dozen PCs, the number varies depending on what ones have died and I haven’t gotten around to fixing them yet. My thread count is about 120; I hope to double that by the end of the year. All are Windows 7 (I know nothing about Linux), which I have found works better that XP or 8 for mining. Some are x86 and some x64, a mix of xeon and intel q9550 processors.
Having no desire to manage a couple of dozen wallets, and not knowing how to have a cluster solo mine to a single wallet, I use beeeeer.org pool.

I want to start mining on beeeeer.org. Is there a reliable script for LInux which you may know of? I don’t use Ubuntu, it’s Suse. Also, should I stop utilizing my solo mining scripts on the machines if I start with pool mining? Plus how would the wallet work. Should I use just one?

I want to start mining on beeeeer.org. Is there a reliable script for LInux which you may know of? I don’t use Ubuntu, it’s Suse. Also, should I stop utilizing my solo mining scripts on the machines if I start with pool mining? Plus how would the wallet work. Should I use just one?[/quote]Half of my machines are on Linux. You have to compile the miner yourself, Suse might work I’m just not sure about the dependencies. Yeah don’t solo and pool. You won’t get either if you do that. You only need one wallet when you are pool mining.