Discrepancy between blockchain explorer and Peerunity

‘daemon’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I really do appreciate your help, and I’m sorry I am apparently making this so difficult.

It must be the shell on apple. i thought it is linux compatible. in this case, cd into daemon
cd daemon
then try this
peerunityd --datadir=.. --conf=../ppcoin.conf --rescan

EXCEPTION: N5boost12interprocess22interprocess_exceptionE
The system cannot find the file specified

directory\peerunityd.exe in AppInit()

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘boost::interprocess::interprocess_exception’
what(): The system cannot find the file specified.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

------- I have put the ppcoin.conf file in each directory we’ve talked about.

oh you are using windows. sorry. try this: from the peerunity dir cd into daemon

cd daemon

then try this

peerunityd -datadir=.. -conf=..\ppcoin.conf -rescan

Same exact error/exception.

gee. now we know the problem

in peerunity dir where blk0001.dat is, type

daemon\peerunityd -conf=ppcoin.conf -rescan

the blk0001.dat file is not in that directory… it’s in the appdata/roaming PPC directory. I type that and it says ‘daemon’ is not recognized as an internal etc etc etc.

are you in the DOS black console? can you cd to daemon dir and tell the output of
cd
?

I type “cmd” in the “run” area of the start bar, that command prompt.

Dir in daemon:
peerunityd.exe
ppcoin.conf

this should work now if ppcoin.conf is good
peerunityd -conf=ppcoin.conf -rescan

note that this uses the ppcoin.con file in the daemon dir. when you nrmally start peerunity, it by default uses the ppcoin.conf in the %appdata%… dir. If for some reasn you want to change peerunity’s config file, change the latter one.

Is this downloading the entire blockchain again? It seemed to be working but when I got home right now it’s still scanning. So I restarted it right now, and it’s not giving me any info.

If your wallet has many new addresses, it could take a long time. Unless downloading is stuck let it keep doing its things.

It’s been scanning for 2 days now, nothing is happening. I’ve never changed the address in all the time I’ve had the wallet. I don’t have a great internet connection, so it’s possible the download is stuck. What is the next step?

I bought a new computer to avoid dealing with this technical problem but voila, the problem still exists on my new computer (but I am able to download the blockchain now!). The balance in the new Peercoin wallet is not identical to the blockchain website. I typed “peercoind -rescan” in the console window and it said “Method not found (code -32601)”

I typed “peercoind -rescan” in the command prompt in the folder where peercoind lives and I got this error:
peercoind.exe - System Error: The code execution cannot proceed because libstdc+±6.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I know reinstalling the program won’t make any difference, I just installed it yesterday and still have the same problem I had on my last computer.

you can still run peercoin-qt -rescan , there seems to be an issue with the daemon, to be sorted out

the issue was that there was a change address in the wallet, which was different than the address that was checked on a blockexplorer, adding the amount of those addresses result in the correct amount

1 Like