Designing the Peercoin Facebook Banner/Cover Photo

[quote=“Auxilium, post:20, topic:1271”]Alright, uploaded the files.
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/206f2cacf0b983b51592ab927e994deb20131230135744/820367

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Should we continue with another social media platform? I think twitter might need the same appearance as Facebook.[/quote]

nice job auxilum!

i think we should standardized all social media platform like twitter & youtube too. note sure if you have this with you:
http://thefinancialbrand.com/30777/facebook-twitter-youtube-linkedin-profile-image-sizes/

a cheat sheet of all the sizes for all social media platform background, avatar & etc etc…

I think that looks great. One thing though is that I’m probably going to have to keep the Peercoin text in the avatar. The reason is because I want the name to show up in the avatar and all over Facebook, including search. I think that’s important to have, even though it makes it slightly repetitive on the Peercoin page.

As for other social media pages, our subreddit theme is pretty much setup to use the darker color, so I think we should leave that alone. MeBeingAwesome operates our Twitter account. You can try to come up with something and see if he likes it, but no guarantees there. We also have a YouTube account that I still have to find time to setup. You can definitely make me graphics for that and I can add them. We also have a Weibo account that is operated by a forum member for the Chinese. I’d have to see if he can add graphics to the page first.

@Sentinelrv
New package with the peercoin text in the avatar.
http://we.tl/81Vq9UT1KK

I’ll start with the twitter account first and take YouTube later. Will be copies of what we use for Facebook, but their layout.

@ckyap8188
That’s a great sheet to have, will save that :slight_smile:

can we get a hero image made up for peercoin on linkedIn as well please http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=7412858

I made the Twitter images and i’ve send those in a pm to MeBeingAwesome.

@FuzzyBear
I’ll take a look at that in 2014 and post it here.

The banner is now up, thanks Auxilium!

Great, looks good!

I would suggest changing the facebook banner to something more simple. Use your iphone or android and look at the banner on facebook. Not a look I think you want. I would go with a something that involves shopping, dining, etc. Things that people can do with peercoin. Look at Facebooks, AOLs, and Yahoos facebook page as examples. Think if it more as a background not a banner. the Avatar is the banner.

CB

I looked at the banner on my iphone again. Overall the mobile version of the banner is a low quality image. Even if we aligned the text to the right it would look low quality, plus you’d have that text “Peercoin Community” written over top of the banner. I’d much rather keep the full site version of the banner intact than create a generic replacement. I’m not too fond of those examples you listed. I wanted to show off our graphics with the banner.

Hi guys,

Awesome job creating that Facebook cover.
I opened up Photoshop and made some slight changes.
Personally (and I don’t want to offend anyone here) I don’t like the large shadow behind the leaf on the logo. I changed it to a something harder shadow. Also made the text a bit more smaller and replaced some text. I know the current one is already updated on the Facebook page but thought to give it a try.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

EDIT: Changed “Proof of Stake” to “Innovative” like the current Facebook Cover. It’s in the download file.
PSD and PNG download: http://d.pr/f/zNio

Personally I still think “Innovative” is better than “Proof of Stake”, since it’s better to understand by newcomers. If you insist using it, I suggest you put it at the end of the list.

On thing regarding spelling: Chance “Proof of stake” to “Proof of Stake” (upper case S) please.

Regards

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your edit, everything is fine! :smiley:

Since this fixes the mobile banner issue, I will add it, but only if you change some things first. I like the banner moved to the right for the mobile version and I like the leaf without the shadow. I don’t however like the placement of the text underneath. There’s too much wasted space in my opinion and I don’t like the little leaves on the left either.

Can you make the following changes? Place the text the same exact way it is right now with the current banner, but keep all the other changes you made. The top three features should be dark and bold like they currently are, but the bottom websites should be maybe a lighter gray color, rather than green like it is now. Can you do that?

Here you go: (PSD/PNG’s) http://d.pr/f/miFq

If there is anything let me know.

We could do something like this:

The smaller Peercoin name on the top right doesn’t go through the generic text from facebook on mobile devices and the keypoints and websites are aligned with this generic text. So it works for mobile devices (tested on IOS) and laptop and it looks good on both.

[quote=“Auxilium, post:34, topic:1271”]We could do something like this:

The smaller Peercoin name on the top right doesn’t go through the generic text from facebook on mobile devices and the keypoints and websites are aligned with this generic text. So it works for mobile devices (tested on IOS) and laptop and it looks good on both.[/quote]

I’m not sure about that. I understand the reasoning, to get around the generic “Peercoin Community” text on mobile devices, but I think it might look funky on a laptop or desktop. Is it really that important to avoid the generic text? I understand avoiding the avatar because it completely blocks view of the banner, but at least you can somewhat see through the text. I need to know what other people think about this? Should we have this tiny version with a lot of open space, (Too much in my opinion) or the full size version that still avoids the avatar, but not the generic text?

Personally I think there is too much space in that last one. I still would go for this one:

But that’s just my opinion…

I like what I see now on desktop or tablet (768x1024) either landscape or tablet.
When not logged in or not having account, you get that Facebook banner across the Coin part of Peercoin in the banner. It’s not that bad though. Only way around is reducing size and shifting Peercoin to left.

On a mobile it doesn’t look great to various degrees depending on browser used. On the more basic ones, there is no banner at all.

I like this one personally…

Yeah, but we can’t use that one because of mobile devices. Auxilium said he’s going to make another one, so let’s see what that looks like.

Made a mix between the mobile and desktop devices. The big Peercoin name will be next to the avatar instead of behind it, removed the shadow behind the leaf and the websites are light gray now.
The left side should allign with the generic text on the mobile devices and the bottom of Peercoin with the top of the avatar.

Let me know what you guys think!