[DEFUNCT] Peercoin Android Wallet 3.2 Released

Thanks and no problem. The reason is that it would be very time-consuming to develop my own alternative to Shapeshift. It’s best to use them for what they are good at.

Posted on Facebook and Twitter…

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:114, topic:2846”]Posted on Facebook and Twitter…

Thanks for sharing.

I’ve just updated the SSL certificates on peercoinexplorer.info to use SHA-256. This will keep up-to-date web browsers happy and maintain optimum security. london.getvalidhashes.com, already uses SHA256.

Great job on these one MatthewLM these is a great Tool for PPC. Will be downloading soon to test it out.

Shared on https://twitter.com/EcoiningPPCPool

Thanks [member=31522]AquaTron[/member].

I’ve just released version 3.1 which contains a single bugfix relating to restoring wallets from backup. Before the app would not always reset the blockchain correctly but now it does.

first of all, thank you very much for such a great mobile wallet!

too bad no minting is possible though, which is what made me embark on my quest to get the coins from mobile wallet on desktop peerunity.

here’s what i’ve done:

1. made a backup from within android app

2. decrypted it on pc

3. read and dumped wallet contents using protobuf proto definition of wallet.proto

4. exported all wallet keys that had secret_bytes and converted them into WIF using Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Peercoin Wallet Generator

5. used importprivkey to import them into peerunity

6. launched Peerunity -rescan

but unfortunately, none of the keys exported on step 4 matched the addresses that I’ve used to receive PPC and peerunity does not show the balance from my android wallet.

please advise, what have i done wrong?

(i tried to use wallet tool jar, but i have some failed tests because of java drm, having ignored them, peercoin wallet tool still fails to build with uknown symbols from protocols)

[quote=“backpacker69, post:118, topic:2846”]first of all, thank you very much for such a great mobile wallet!

too bad no minting is possible though, which is what made me embark on my quest to get the coins from mobile wallet on desktop peerunity.

here’s what i’ve done:

1. made a backup from within android app

2. decrypted it on pc

3. read and dumped wallet contents using protobuf proto definition of wallet.proto

4. exported all wallet keys that had secret_bytes and converted them into WIF using Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Peercoin Wallet Generator

5. used importprivkey to import them into peerunity

6. launched Peerunity -rescan

but unfortunately, none of the keys exported on step 4 matched the addresses that I’ve used to receive PPC and peerunity does not show the balance from my android wallet.

please advise, what have i done wrong?

(i tried to use wallet tool jar, but i have some failed tests because of java drm, having ignored them, peercoin wallet tool still fails to build with uknown symbols from protocols)[/quote]

Once you are done with it, sounds like a good article for the Peercoin wiki.

[member=32708]backpacker69[/member],

I assume you are doing this to maintain the coin-age of your coins. I looked at the wallet tools and managed to get it working, but it will only work for wallets that are not encrypted. For wallets encrypted by the app you’d have to find a way to decrypt them first. Assuming you got the unencrypted wallet file it should work (fingers crossed).

Please give the new code a go: https://github.com/MatthewLM/peercoinj

Matthew

[quote=“MatthewLM, post:120, topic:2846”][member=32708]backpacker69[/member],

I assume you are doing this to maintain the coin-age of your coins. I looked at the wallet tools and managed to get it working, but it will only work for wallets that are not encrypted. For wallets encrypted by the app you’d have to find a way to decrypt them first. Assuming you got the unencrypted wallet file it should work (fingers crossed).

Please give the new code a go: https://github.com/MatthewLM/peercoinj

Matthew[/quote]

zuper, thank you very much, Matthew. new code worked like a charm, so basically everything after step 2 is replaced with code:

./wallet-tool dump --dump-privkeys=yes --wallet=decryptedwalletfromstep2 --debuglog

I’ve loaded the keys into the peerunity and it seems to be attempting to mint every second or so )

So, dumping secret bytes was not sufficient at all, as the wallet seems to be a deterministic one and I have to take chain_code into account (and work everything out in between lol).

actually, is it possible to teach javascript wallet generator at peercointalk org to recreate same addresses? it seems that brain wallet allows creation of only one address instead of the tree.

I’m glad it worked. You can see the code with the DeterministicKeyChain class for the key derivation. External keys (What you receive with) are under the child index 0, and internal (change) keys are under 1. This is a simplistic chain structure, but not a BIP43 standardised one, so it might not be out-of-the-box compatible.

@MatthewLM please have a look at trusted servers, they seem to be down at the moment.

try

1 Like

The New York server should be back online. I need to take a closer look at the London one. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Is the peercoinexplorer.net abe server configured by default these days?

Not yet. I will add it to the next update.

1 Like

The London server is now working again.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve encrypted and backed up Peerunity wallet.
Then I run Android Wallet to import that wallet, however when it prompts for a password and I enter the passphrase with which I’ve encrypted the Peerunity wallet it shows me an error.
“Wallet could not be restored: invalid base 64 encoding. Bad password?”
Could you help me to import my wallet to android device?

i don’t think it’s possible to import wallet or arbitrary private keys into android wallet.

Easiest way to have the Peercoins on your phone is to make a transaction from your desktop Peercoin client (Peerunity) to the Peercoin address your Android wallet uses. Only drawback: It’ll cost you 0.01 PPC. :-/ So, if it is only a small amount of PPC an import of the wallet might be a good idea.