Cpu requirements for Prime Coin pool mining?

I 've been searching for hours concerning (minimum) hardware requirements to do pool mining and they are all pretty vague. So her’s my MSI laptop specs:

CPU = Intel core i3-380m @2.53 ghz

Graphics= Intel GMA HD (integrated graphics)

Ram = DDR3 - (4 gb)

internet connection= 3 Mbps account (download= 4-6 Mbps avg./ upload= roughly .73 Mbps

QUESTIONS =

1. Can I actually pool mine XPM with this computer without it overheating or blowing up? :o
    (I would only be mining at nite while I’m sleeping… and not otherwise using the computer)

2) ‘ROUGH’ estimate of earnings per session?
(I would be mining 8 hrs. straight at a time)
Example: around $10.00 worth of XPM a nite, etc.

1. Profitable at $0.09 per kwh?

2. Could I also mine PPC with this computer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

1. Yes you can.
  2. This is based on so many factors that i can’t give you an answer on this one.
  3. Depends on 2 :slight_smile:
  4. Sure.

[quote=“mugwampbro, post:1, topic:1389”]1) Can I actually pool mine XPM with this computer without it overheating or blowing up? :o
(I would only be mining at nite while I’m sleeping… and not otherwise using the computer)[/quote]

If you use Linux you can try a program called cpulimit, which limits CPU usage per process. This is useful when you are using your PC and don’t want the miner to consume all of the available processing power. It also helps keeping your hardware running quiet when you try to sleep.

Alternatively you can limit the threads used by the miner in case your miner allows that.

1 CPU (even with 8 threads) isn’t enough to earn even 1 XPM /d in a pool.
Mining XPM is only profitable if you pay nothing for your mining servers or you mine to hold and hope that the price sky-rockets in the future.

There are no minimum requirements to join a pool. Why would there be?

I think any of the i3/i5/i7 processors will probably produce more Primecoins than it cost in electricity. So it is “profitable.” As others have said, it wont be very profitable though. I’d say less than a dollar a day.

I wouldn’t recommend mining on a laptop. Their cooling is generally not sufficient, and with the little profit you can make I don’t know if it is worth the risk.

Hey guys,

I’m new to crypto currency; i would like to mine peercoin.
I’m running on:
intel i5; GTX660 2GB

what hardware upgrades would you suggest to improve peercoin mining?

What makes part of the CPU that mines XPM, I have a AMD FX 8350 CPU and want to know what my earnings are.
Is it the Cores or the threads??

EXAMPLE;

If I buy cheapass mainbords and cpu, psu and usb-stick (linux OS) to mine XPM is that OKE?
sorry for those newbie questions and my broke english.