Closed: Which 16x16 Replacement PPC Icon Would you Like to be Featured on CoinMarketCap?

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am seriously having trouble looking at all these. I like your first one better than the other 2 Thireus, because it’s slightly larger. I’ve been using windows photo viewer to look at them. The tiny image will appear fixed in the middle of the window and as I cycle through the different versions I can see the slight changes between them. And it’s as I said before. K500 has less color quality, but I think the leaf shape is right. Thireus, your color quality is higher, but the stem gap seems wider for some reason, maybe because of the transparency. Do you see what I’m saying in the image I posted above? Is there anyway to keep the color quality, but lessen the gap so it looks more like the one K500 did? Does this make sense?

Or maybe I’m just seeing things and need to go to sleep, lol.

Ok, here was my original version #2

And Thireus’s version #2

Does it look better with the wider gap or worse?

Yours seems wider. I think the image is stretched to fit in a square with no borders (that’s also the reason why it appear a bit blurry). Let me give it a try.

Yup I can confirm K500 has stretched the image a little to fit the 16x16px square better.

Here is my “stretched” version 16px from the hi-res “streteched” version below (can we please have a preview Sentinelrv?):

From the following “streteched” leaf:

Non “stretched” leaf (original one used in the Peercoin logo, to compare):

It does indeed look better when the original is stretched in my opinion.

To download the full pack: http://thireus.com/PEERCOIN/leaf_no_shadow_with_1px_border_stretched.zip

Here is the new version you just made. I think this looks a lot better now. Do you think it’s ready for me to contact CMC?

Much better indeed! If we don’t need other member’s approval it’s all good for me.

There’s like 20 votes for #2, so I think it’s pretty safe now, lol. I just need to figure out how to contact them, looking at their site now.

Submitted. Now we just need to wait. As a side note, the owner of CMC (Gliss) used to be a member here. I’m going to bed now.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:30, topic:3256”]Is there somebody here with graphic design experience that can remove the white edges and make this icon transparent?

I’d rather not take a job so small to my designer, but I will if I have to. It needs to stay in .png format.[/quote]

I’ll edit it when I get home.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn’t see the post above.

I want to clarify the remit/purpose of this new logo. Are we changing the official peercoin logo? Or are we just changing it on coinmarketcap?

Only on coinmarketcap, because the Peercoin coin logo in 16x16px doesn’t clearly show that it’s Peercoin (quite blurry and the P + leaf symbol is invisible so it looks like a generic coin).

There’s another thread about the Peercoin logo: Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

As Thireus said, we’re only changing the 16x16 icon, mainly because it’s too hard to see. Here is my reply in the other thread about the idea of changing the main logo itself…

It’s now updated. Looks nice :slight_smile:

Niice thanks! Definitely eye-catching!

Niice thanks! Definitely eye-catching![/quote]

Indeed.

The only green in a sea of blue.

Decided to rebrand my own avatar. Guess what… 8)

It looks nice.

Looking at the leaf, it gave me an idea for a slogan.

“Peercoin: The Pathway to Success”

Since the cut through looks like a road.

[quote=“DigiX, post:53, topic:3256”]“Peercoin: The Pathway to Success”

Since the cut through looks like a road.[/quote]
Nice one, I hadn’t looked in that way at the logo.