CLOSED: Vote for Leaf Brightness

[size=7]CLOSED[/size]

In the second round of voting we selected the color text to be used. In this final round we will select the brightness for the tiny leaf in the I. I would suggest trying to look at it from farther away or at a smaller size and selecting which one is clearest and most visible to you.

Select the Letter of Your Favorite Design - Only One Vote Allowed:

Larger Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/LogoTextSamples4.png~original

c

It’s C for me.

#1 is C, #2 is B for me. (edit…looked at them from farther away and C is just a bit more distinctive)

Question, I want to ask Lightning to make a version with just the text and not the background so we can apply it to different things, but if he did that, would he be able to include the small shadow which is just under the leaf, or would that get cut out like the shadow got cut out of the version of the logo with no background. The shadow in my opinion makes the logo and text look more detailed, but I’m not sure if it’s connected to the grey background.

Good question…it’s hard to visualize without actually seeing it. If it’s not too much trouble maybe we can see both versions? In a scenario where we’re just using the text-only version, having the shadow behind just the leaf might look a bit like a smudge on the screen. Hard to tell without seeing it.

Right now we really just need an image to be finished for what we need it for. If I start making additional requests, it’s going to run up the cost. I figure we’ll just get what we need right now and then in the future when we have graphic designers on the team, we’ll be able to have these extra things done for free.

Right now we really just need an image to be finished for what we need it for. If I start making additional requests, it’s going to run up the cost. I figure we’ll just get what we need right now and then in the future when we have graphic designers on the team, we’ll be able to have these extra things done for free.[/quote]

I think Gabe has a point, the companies I’ve been with all had the dual-version. In theory, once we have a version we’re happy with, turning it into a white-text version for use on a black background with the same colored leaf is a 2-second switch. Shouldn’t add any cost at all I wouldn’t think? If it does, yeah maybe we should hold off.

Right now we really just need an image to be finished for what we need it for. If I start making additional requests, it’s going to run up the cost. I figure we’ll just get what we need right now and then in the future when we have graphic designers on the team, we’ll be able to have these extra things done for free.[/quote]

I think Gabe has a point, the companies I’ve been with all had the dual-version. In theory, once we have a version we’re happy with, turning it into a white-text version for use on a black background with the same colored leaf is a 2-second switch. Shouldn’t add any cost at all I wouldn’t think? If it does, yeah maybe we should hold off.[/quote]

I’m not a designer, so I don’t know if it’s easy, but I guess I could ask him to make us a white-text version for black backgrounds. I’ll let this poll run a little longer just to make sure everyone is ok with C.

C

Ok, there have been no votes in a while and so far everyone has voted C, so I’m going to shut this down now and finish everything up.