[CLOSED] Item #1: Add Peercoin to BTCChina

** CLOSED, great job everyone **

[size=14pt]Item #1: Add Peercoin to BTCChina[/size]

BTC-China is the #2 exchange in the world. Although we won’t end up on there tomorrow, it’s important we start planting the seeds early.

Action

1. Email BTC-China exchange at business@btcchina.com and CC support@btcchina.com

2. Let them you know they need to consider adding Peercoin (PPC) to their exchange.

3. Here’s a few ideas of topics to bring up:

• Peercoin has the 3rd largest crypto market cap
  • Peercoin is environmentally friendly
  • Peercoin has built in protection to help mitigate 51% attacks unlike Bitcoin
  1. When you’re done, please reflect it was finished here:
  1. If you receive a response, please go back to the google doc and update it

Let’s do this!
John

Note: This swarm is active October 23 (2:00pm UTC) - October 25 (11:30am UTC)

The swarm is hot, I’m sending out emails to the swarm team in just a few minutes.

Done! Guys, if you need help forming an email, just ask in the thread and somebody will help you with putting down information.

Done (and documented in the google doc)!
If it didn’t look like spam, I’d recommend a kind of email template…
…but so I think the emails have a higher value in convincing btcchina to add PPC if they are unique.
What do you think?

[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:4, topic:491”]Done (and documented in the google doc)!
If it didn’t look like spam, I’d recommend a kind of email template…
…but so I think the emails have a higher value in convincing btcchina to add PPC if they are unique.
What do you think?[/quote]

I agree. There’s a lot of things I still don’t understand, but I did my best to explain it. At least it will look like unique interest and not a copy paste email.

JustaBitofTime, did you send out an email about this to all team members? If you did, I didn’t get one.

I did. On the survey I have your email address as TBD. :slight_smile:

I did. On the survey I have your email address as TBD. :)[/quote]

I sent you a PM.

Do we have enough Chinese speakers here to make this request credible?

I think it would be strange (and suspicious for the site owners) if a Chinese website receives many requests from english-speaking people in a short period of time. Sorry for my pessimism, but I am not convinced of this methodology in this case.

[quote=“d5000, post:9, topic:491”]Do we have enough Chinese speakers here to make this request credible?

I think it would be strange (and suspicious for the site owners) if a Chinese website receives many requests from english-speaking people in a short period of time. Sorry for my pessimism, but I am not convinced of this methodology in this case.[/quote]

I’ve spoken to them before with Feathercoin, they have English speakers. Feather was added to crypto-trade and coinMKT during similar campaigns. I understand the scope is apples and oranges, I’m just saying it helped forward movement. Everyone is free to try their own method, that’s the idea of volunpeerism. :slight_smile:

I’m considering myself an honorary SWARM member from now on…email sent, and Google docs updated.

Volunpeerism on the swarm! This is a good first test to see how quickly we can mobilize.

So somebody got a reply…

“Currently, we do not consider adding another virtual currency, you can keep an eye on our website, thank you for your support!”

So far 13 out of 44 people sent emails. We still have another day, but that number seems small to me. JustaBitofTime, when you started with the Feathercoin community, did it take a while to ramp up the activity and participation?

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:13, topic:491”]So somebody got a reply…

“Currently, we do not consider adding another virtual currency, you can keep an eye on our website, thank you for your support!”

So far 13 out of 44 people sent emails. We still have another day, but that number seems small to me. JustaBitofTime, when you started with the Feathercoin community, did it take a while to ramp up the activity and participation?[/quote]

Yes, it took a good 5-6 weeks. 13 out of 44 is a GREAT first run!

From the reply support@btcchina.com will report to their boss.

That’s great news Jimmy. Did you write them in Chinese? I have a feeling they might take your request more seriously because of it!

That’s great news Jimmy. Did you write them in Chinese? I have a feeling they might take your request more seriously because of it![/quote]

Yes, I wrote to them in Chinese.

Actually, as you know, bter.com has already supported ppc-btc exchange, but it is not so active. Peercoin is not so popular in China as LTC, and most people don’t comprehend it thoroughly. In China, www.btctrade.com also has LTC-RMB exchange.

Community coming together! Great job Jimmy.