[CLOSED]Group Buy of USB / BLADES ASIC's miners - 0.14BTC / 4.9BTC + P&P

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Man those blades are super tempting. Sadly I spent all but 2.3BTC I had about a week ago. Maybe if I get lucky and have an excellent week of mining or happen into an extra side project Ill join in on this.

Hi Fuzzy, can you please give more informations about the blades? How are they connected? Standalone with just an RJ45? Is the power converter included? Do you have a picture?

Since you have 0,83 BTC per GH for the USB Devices and 0,55 BTC per GH for the Blade it is very interesting.

Cheers,
Muto

OK I have an interesting opportunity I would like to put forward to see if people are interested…

Instead of buying from ASICMiner devices, I have someone interested in selling me a pre-order placement on BFL SC 60GH from 11th November 2012 order date for 12 BTC

I would like to offer this as an opportunity for people to buy in for part ownership of the device if there is enough interest?

How this would work is I would host the device for free as it costs me nothing to run many thanks to free electricity :slight_smile:
therefore 1BTC would buy you 5GH of mining power !! But it would realistically probably be 2 months before I get the device.

I would mine a mix of BTC and PPC and pay out to people as per the % of their ownership.
I will do this until the ROI on the device is at 120% upon which point the device ownership will solely become mine.
If the device fails to arrive in a suitable timeframe to mine a return on investment I can offer a buy out clause where I will buy back your investment in this device at the same rate you bought in at.

So say you invest 1BTC … you could expect to have 1.2BTC returned to you in 6 months, or have your 1BTC back after say 2 months

I’m interested in spreading my risks a little hence why I am offering this now, but have safety nets so if the whole thing falls flat on its face I can still pay people out of my own pocket if needs be but hopefully it should be a good investment for everyone involved if the device arrives in a timely manner :slight_smile:

But what are people’s thoughts?

FuzzyBear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:1, topic:341”]Rest of world

[/quote]

would this priority shipping or snail shipping?

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:4, topic:341”]OK I have an interesting opportunity I would like to put forward to see if people are interested…

Instead of buying from ASICMiner devices, I have someone interested in selling me a pre-order placement on BFL SC 60GH from 11th November 2012 order date for 12 BTC

I would like to offer this as an opportunity for people to buy in for part ownership of the device if there is enough interest?

How this would work is I would host the device for free as it costs me nothing to run many thanks to free electricity :slight_smile:
therefore 1BTC would buy you 5GH of mining power !! But it would realistically probably be 2 months before I get the device.

I would mine a mix of BTC and PPC and pay out to people as per the % of their ownership.
I will do this until the ROI on the device is at 120% upon which point the device ownership will solely become mine.
If the device fails to arrive in a suitable timeframe to mine a return on investment I can offer a buy out clause where I will buy back your investment in this device at the same rate you bought in at.

So say you invest 1BTC … you could expect to have 1.2BTC returned to you in 6 months, or have your 1BTC back after say 2 months

I’m interested in spreading my risks a little hence why I am offering this now, but have safety nets so if the whole thing falls flat on its face I can still pay people out of my own pocket if needs be but hopefully it should be a good investment for everyone involved if the device arrives in a timely manner :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear[/quote]

According to The Genesis Block mining calculator (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/) you would need to start mining with it by October to make any profit. Even a start date a month later will result in a loss. With BFLs less than stellar record for shipping orders on time this may be an issue. This is of course based on mining Bitcoins, and not the BTC/PPC mix that you’re planning. It’s also based on the value of Bitcoin remaining static. Still, some food for thought.

[quote=“JBT, post:5, topic:341”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:1, topic:341”]Rest of world

[/quote]

would this priority shipping or snail shipping?[/quote]
This is signed for Royal Mail delivery… it took about 5 working days foir delivery to USA, delivery to South Africa took longer as got held by local delivery… cost of shipping DHL Express would cost about 0.5BTC which was just too expensive… but I could offer that as well I guess if u wanted

FuzzyBear

[quote=“AlexMc, post:6, topic:341”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:4, topic:341”]OK I have an interesting opportunity I would like to put forward to see if people are interested…

FuzzyBear[/quote]

According to The Genesis Block mining calculator (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/) you would need to start mining with it by October to make any profit. Even a start date a month later will result in a loss. With BFLs less than stellar record for shipping orders on time this may be an issue. This is of course based on mining Bitcoins, and not the BTC/PPC mix that you’re planning. It’s also based on the value of Bitcoin remaining static. Still, some food for thought.[/quote]

Yeah with that site it is all about the unknown value to put in for “Difficulty Increase / Month”
As default it is 77% … which I don’t know your thoughts on it but agreed there could be a sudden jump with a few big companies coming online like ASICMiner did… and BFL shipping more etc… when will KNCMiner actually deliver product? Avalon shipping more etc?

difficulty increase as it has been for last few adjustments of 25% show the device returning profit even when recieved in November… takes 4 months to return profit at 50% increase…

so agreed lots going on but I think they will all run into their own issues as BFL have… but I know there were fewer orders placed between sept-december 2012 so i expect to see BFL ship the device fairly soon after

food for thought and wanted to see peoples reactions / interest etc so ty for your input :slight_smile:

looks like 5 erupter will never break even http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/d88b1e8ebe

Fuzzy can you give detials for the blades if their for the new design ones as they have re done them?

Blades are the OLD types that can be manually overclocked… the new ones can not s far as i am aware… chances are though yxt will have both in stock by the time we ready to order

Fuzzybear

[s]fuzzy, if i want to buy 3 blades, how much do i have to send to you? 16.5 plus shipping or 14.865 plus shipping?

can i run 3 blades on one pc? will they come ready to run or do i have to buy extra cables an such?[/s]

sorry, never mind.

My order landed in South Africa in about 5 days too, sadly they never sent me a notification to pick up the package from the post office. It was only thanks to FuzzyBear’s investigating prowess that I got the name of the post office they were waiting at. I phoned them to confirm the package was there and had them plugged into my Anker hub and flashing away a little over an hour later.

I’d definitely participate in a group buy again. FuzzyBear went out of his way to get my USB miners to me. Thanks!!

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

I just saw this post regarding reduced pricing for the USB miners for previous buyers. My understanding of the post is that we should be able to buy them at 0.12BTC each for as many as we like as the 1:1 coupon limitation has been removed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291112.msg3114827

I’m guessing that yxt could give FuzzyBear the details, but it looks hopeful.

[quote=“AlexMc, post:15, topic:341”]I just saw this post regarding reduced pricing for the USB miners for previous buyers. My understanding of the post is that we should be able to buy them at 0.12BTC each for as many as we like as the 1:1 coupon limitation has been removed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291112.msg3114827

I’m guessing that yxt could give FuzzyBear the details, but it looks hopeful.[/quote]

Thanks for the new group buy FuzzyBear 8)

I’ll definitely take another 3-5 Block Eruptors and max. 10-11 if the price is revised.

Shipping costs paid with PPC this time.

I’ll try to find some BTC for blades in a 3rd group buy.

Cheers!

Is there to be any pricing revisions before I consider placing an order ? Tried to contact yxt myself via bitcointalk.org this weekend with regards to discount coupon eligibility, but no response as of yet.

Sent the shipping payment in PPC to you already FuzzyBear.

Anymore for anymore ? I’ll post the group buy in some chat boxes and ask in a few forums.

Cheers! 8)

[quote=“PPCoinFX, post:17, topic:341”]Is there to be any pricing revisions before I consider placing an order ? Tried to contact yxt myself via bitcointalk.org this weekend with regards to discount coupon eligibility, but no response as of yet.

Sent the shipping payment in PPC to you already FuzzyBear.

Anymore for anymore ? I’ll post the group buy in some chat boxes and ask in a few forums.

Cheers! 8)[/quote]

Yeah I am getting a lack of response from yxt on bitcointalk and not much interest here… would be sheaper buying off someone else if it just the two of us tbh… but see if anyone else wants to get in… also i’ll update to yxt’s new prices… 0.17 or something

ok prices can be 0.14 BTC if we buy from either

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295832.0

as opposed to 0.175 from yxt http://www.asicminer-shop.de/

also I think that this guy may do us a deal which would work out the cheapest for us https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300150 and is speaking with me instantly on the thread so looks like this is one I am most keen to go with.

Please let me know your number of devices you would like, and if this deal is of interest to the Group???

FuzzyBear

Will be pplacing an order tonight once BTC received from one user I’m waiting on… If anyone else wants to get in on this GB then now is you LAST CHANCE.

I probably won’t be running another GB for some time as I have a BFL single waiting in customs so my hashrate should be high enough for couple of months…

Anyone interested in mining BTC on these… get the most for your hashrate…
http://fuzzypool.mine.bz/
0% BTC fee
Merge mine Namecoins, devcoins, Ixcoins, I0coins at the same time with no loss to your btc earnings!!
uses p2pool for now so average 9TH mining and gets block every 8 hours or so.

But don’t forget you can mine PPC with these devices perfectly well :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear