[CLOSED] Call to Action

Update

I’m closing this push until we’re able to determine more information about this merchant. More importantly, if we want to set a list of criteria before requesting to be added to a service, the community:

• Needs to develop it
  • Participate in the investigation (as suggested by Fuzzy)

Done.

Sent

Sent… wait …

Done :wink:

sent. 8)

Sent!

Has anyone done any extensive research on the validity of this company before asking them to accept PPC?

Apparently their phone number is 513-428-9282 which is tied with collectpma.com (same color scheme, similar design)

If you go to register on collectpma.com and read their terms and conditions, it states:

“The Trustee and members have chosen Anthony Murgio as the person best qualified to perform
services to members of the Association and to entrust him to select other members…”

A quick search on Anthony Murgio in Florida reveals this for January 2013:

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/news/news012213.html

“Anthony Murgio, the owner of Tapas Lounge, Inc., located in Tallahassee, Florida, has been arrested on charges that he stole more than $110,000 in sales tax he collected from customers…”

“If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines, as well as possible payment of penalty and investigative costs.”

Collectables Club P.M.A.
Northbridge Tower 515 N. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Phone : 513-4BuyBtc
Email : Support@coin.mx

… this domain name (coin.mx) was only registered on October 17, 2013, barely 2 months ago. They haven’t established themselves in the community yet. With this shady business person (Anthony Murgio) involved, I think it would be cause for concern.

…the domain name collectpma.com was only registered July 13, 2013, so we don’t know much about them either.

[Edit: If there is multiple Anthony Murgio’s in Florida and this one isn’t related, my apologies]

** Good Spot and Valid Concerns **

As a community, we can certainly test the service before making any recommendations. I have prepaid Visas for just such an occasion.

There’s all types of threads about them on Bitcointalk, until I’m able to test them myself with PPC, I can’t say for certain. I’m not interesting in purchasing Bitcoin, I get a great local rate.

Here’s BillyJoeAllen’s Experience (older 2011 Bitcoin member):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348255.msg4046903#msg4046903

[quote=“ppcman, post:8, topic:1238”]Has anyone done any extensive research on the validity of this company before asking them to accept PPC?

Apparently their phone number is 513-428-9282 which is tied with collectpma.com (same color scheme, similar design)

If you go to register on collectpma.com and read their terms and conditions, it states:

“The Trustee and members have chosen Anthony Murgio as the person best qualified to perform
services to members of the Association and to entrust him to select other members…”

“Anthony Murgio, the owner of Tapas Lounge, Inc., located in Tallahassee, Florida, has been arrested on charges that he stole more than $110,000 in sales tax he collected from customers…”

“If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines, as well as possible payment of penalty and investigative costs.”

Collectables Club P.M.A.

… this domain name (coin.mx) was only registered on October 17, 2013, barely 2 months ago. They haven’t established themselves in the community yet. With this shady business person (Anthony Murgio) involved, I think it would be cause for concern.

[Edit: If there is multiple Anthony Murgio’s in Florida and this one isn’t related, my apologies][/quote]

Turns out it may really be the same Anthony Murgio.

His mugshot is here:

He is living in Tallahassee, FL where the Bar is, and was booked by Palm Beach County Police on an Out of County Warrant (where collectpma & coin.mx) is supposedly located.

Turns out it may really be the same Anthony Murgio.

His mugshot is here:

He is living in Tallahassee, FL where the Bar is, and was booked by Palm Beach County Police on an Out of County Warrant (where collectpma & coin.mx) is supposedly located.[/quote]

Great investigation. Can anyone else assist PPMan with it? If this turns out to be true, it could be great for all our coins as there’s been talk of adding other cryptos soon.

[quote=“ppcman, post:8, topic:1238”]Has anyone done any extensive research on the validity of this company before asking them to accept PPC?

Collectables Club P.M.A.

…the domain name collectpma.com was only registered July 13, 2013, so we don’t know much about them either.

[Edit: If there is multiple Anthony Murgio’s in Florida and this one isn’t related, my apologies][/quote]
+1 at this … we can all be called to action on a swarm and we all go gun ho into it following the guide to ask for PPC… yet EVERY thime i am trusting JBT or the initial OP that they have done thier homework on the site. I think I may need to employ a team of insiders who will just investigate the legetimacy of sites etc… I never received my beef jerky as well which i paid some 60PPC for… anyone else get theirs?

Fuzzybear

I don’t doubt that coin.mx will give you your cryptocoins today, tomorrow, a week from now to build initial credibility.

But in the long term, when the volume increases, then what? :slight_smile:

A person with theft-related charges pending at the center of this organization shouldn’t be put into a trust position of this nature.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:12, topic:1238”][quote=“ppcman, post:8, topic:1238”]Has anyone done any extensive research on the validity of this company before asking them to accept PPC?

Collectables Club P.M.A.

+1 at this … we can all be called to action on a swarm and we all go gun ho into it following the guide to ask for PPC… yet EVERY thime i am trusting JBT or the initial OP that they have done thier homework on the site. I think I may need to employ a team of insiders who will just investigate the legetimacy of sites etc… I never received my beef jerky as well which i paid some 60PPC for… anyone else get theirs?

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Before making the recommendation, I’ve seen posts from trustworthy people on Bitcointalk that they received their coins. I simply don’t have the time for deep dives… it’s one thing if we were making a recommendation to use them, that would call for an organized testing process.

PPCMan brings up a good point:

"I don’t doubt that coin.mx will give you your cryptocoins today, tomorrow, a week from now to build initial credibility.

But in the long term, when the volume increases, then what? :)"

So if we’re going to create some type of criteria, we need ** active ** people that can help with the evaluation. I’m all for it, just need resources to do it.

Whether this man is a criminal or not doesn’t really matter at this point, for now is for him to accept and broaden our PeerCoin accessibility. Just getting out there, Good for growth either way. But before buying from anywhere i would take some cautious actions to be sure.

Done

there are a handful of users that come to mind immediately that I would trust to be part of our “investigations team” for looking into the validity of certain sites and what not.

I will PM them and see if we can get a team together to test everything… I feel their identity should be kept secret so the scammers do not try to make exceptions for our testers…

I am also willing to donate some PPC to a fund for helping test the sites validity etc. I am on the case with this as I feel if we keep on top of it now, it will be easier to spot the scams and whatnot further down the line.

Fuzzybear