Chinese PPCers Update

Some news from Chinese community.
Background information:
Yangyang is the No.1 We Media in the Chinese cryptocurrencies circle. She and her husband (also a fans of cryptocurrency) set the very first We Media. They also enjoy sound reputation due to their unselfish contribution to development, awareness and promotion of cryptocurrency in China. As the most renowned media among chinese btc circle, they covered stories of miners, exchanges etc and have been interviewed by CCTV on several occasions.
They initiated a walkthrough or meetups for crypto-fans all over China in the year of 2014. Their plan is travel to almost every provincial capital, throwing meetups, organizing lectures, inviting guests etc. This is a brave move and tough job for Yangyang to do as she is pregnant at the moment.

Yangyang , her husband and the meetup.

Travel plan (this is the old version, updated map shows more than 20 cities)

Yangyang’s weibo(Chinese twitter, links to meetup videos etc.)
http://weibo.com/u/3244140934

With the help of Yangyang, the Chinese PPC community managed to set up a poster in each meetup. The poster is expected to be visible in the rest of the meetups.
Hopefully I will engage in one of these meetups to introduce PPC.

Note: Thank mhps for pointing my mistake in wording “selfish” should be “unselfish”. I drank too much tonight. :-[

This post really put into perspective for me how global cryptocurrencies are becoming. Sometimes when we say “worldwide” it exists as an abstract concept in our heads; seeing photos of people halfway across the world talking about the same issues that we are here is very cool.

Anyways, terrific job redlee! I think it will help Peercoin out immensely to be included in discussions with active cryptocurrency enthusiasts in China.

Redlee, is the Chinese writing under the logo our slogan? I was just wondering what it said, because we went through several similar alterations until we got to the one we use now…

“The Secure & Sustainable Cryptocoin”

Is it using a previous version of the slogan or the same version we’re using now?

Excellent job, you guys seem like a cool bunch.

[quote=“David, post:2, topic:1689”]This post really put into perspective for me how global cryptocurrencies are becoming. Sometimes when we say “worldwide” it exists as an abstract concept in our heads; seeing photos of people halfway across the world talking about the same issues that we are here is very cool.

Anyways, terrific job redlee! I think it will help Peercoin out immensely to be included in discussions with active cryptocurrency enthusiasts in China.[/quote]
So agree, very good work.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:3, topic:1689”]Redlee, is the Chinese writing under the logo our slogan? I was just wondering what it said, because we went through several similar alterations until we got to the one we use now…

“The Secure & Sustainable Cryptocoin”

Is it using a previous version of the slogan or the same version we’re using now?[/quote]

The Chinese below the logo is 点点币,aka the Chinese name for peercoin. We forgot to list that slogan. But we did mention the safety feature in the smaller logo below.

I am glad to see that China is willing to consider Peercoin! Bitcoin faces numerous scalability and design issues that will open the door for competitors to take its place in the coming years. I expect by 2016/2017 (the next scheduled Bitcoin reward drop) that Bitcoin will no longer have the highest market capitalization.