CEO of Huobi (The largest bitcoin exchange in china atm) considering adding alts

For those who are too lazy to read:

"When do you plan to offer other popular currencies such as Litecoin, Dogecoin or any others?

We’ll evaluate the virtual currencies’ general market value and its circulation to decide whether to include them. Litecoin is in our plan. We need more observation of the situation of Dogecoin. "

I think this is a great opportunity to pitch him to add PPC aswell, is there any slideshow/good explanation with some data on it, or something like this? It would be a shame to miss this opportunity.

Not including PPC but including Doge sounds like insanity to me. What else can I say, he should be reached somehow and realise market cap is greater than Doge, and in perspective, there will be more volume to PPC as well. Not to talk about economic properties…

I keep seeing all these articles talking about Litecoin and Dogecoin, but ignoring us. What are we invisible?

I’m afraid we are to some people.

Both Litecoin and Dogecoin has strong marketing machines driven and coordinated by their foundations. It’s hard to stay visible amongst all that noise.
And by now Dogecoin is regularly beating us in volumes. Exchanges would consider coins with high turnover first as they would generate more revenues.

Did anyone already try to contact that guy and bring Peercoin in the spotlight?
or maybe we are not interested in adding more exchanges and should we focus on something else?

Why don’t we utilize the peercoin activists that have been built up and swarm the exchange asking them at add Peercoin. Seemed to have been effective in the past

Sounds good to me. We might need a Chinese translation of our request to be more effective.
Anyone good to draft a brief message in English to be translated in Chinese which can be send out as a swarm email by all volunpeers and anyone else who wants to help. Maybe we can re-use previous emails? Anyone know where to find them?

It would probably be more effective to have people write their own emails and have them translated here on the forum before sending them out. If we all send the same email then it’s going to look like spam and they’ll ignore it. Redlee or Jimmy could probably help translate emails if they were up to it.

Good point, but if we just personalise a standard message it would save a lot of translation work. Possibly Redlee or Jimmy has some suggestions to tailor and personalise a bit in the Chinese language so not all messages look exactly the same while saving them a lot of work. Hope they have some time at all for this. Should we PM them?

You don’t need to ask me or get permission. If you or anyone thinks it’s important, take the initiative and go ahead and PM them and direct them to this thread. If they think they can help out then we’ll go from there. We have the swarm list and can email everyone the details if we decide to do this. Is there an email address we would be sending these requests to?

Ok, I will point them to this thread by PM and see if they got some time for this.
Don’t have an email address, must be something at huobi.com. Their site is in chinese, too tough on my brain, so I’m afraid I need them for that too.

Yes, I think Jimmy, Harvey and I would love to help.

It’s a great opportunity for both PPC and Huobi if Huobi list PPC in the market. As we know that Peercoin trading volume is not so big in the market, zero trading fee policy at huobi.com will definitely boost Peercoin’s trading volume in the overall PPC market, and in turn Huobi will also get a dominate position in Peercoin trading market.

Ok, so I checked the swarm list that JBT sent us. It includes people that volunteered as far back as December 5th. I believe that’s when he switched over to using the Google doc survey. Before that, we used a different survey but it got full and we needed to switch. So this means that we don’t have the entire list of volunpeers. Everyone who volunteered before December 5th isn’t listed. I PM’ed JBT and messaged him on Facebook for more details.

While we’re waiting for him to respond, let’s figure out what we want to do here. Are we going to be sending emails or is there a web form to fill out? What exactly are the points we want to get across to them?

I got a response back from JBT. It seems he’s really behind on his PM’s and emails. He asked me to give him a day or two to sort them out and he’ll get back to me.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:13, topic:1956”]Ok, so I checked the swarm list that JBT sent us. It includes people that volunteered as far back as December 5th. I believe that’s when he switched over to using the Google doc survey. Before that, we used a different survey but it got full and we needed to switch. So this means that we don’t have the entire list of volunpeers. Everyone who volunteered before December 5th isn’t listed. I PM’ed JBT and messaged him on Facebook for more details.

While we’re waiting for him to respond, let’s figure out what we want to do here. Are we going to be sending emails or is there a web form to fill out? What exactly are the points we want to get across to them?[/quote]
Great thanks for finding that list Sentinelrv and contacting JBT. I understand that there is some hesitation to do a swarm as people think it will be recognised as spam. Not sure how this worked in the past, but maybe we can do this smart.

How we go about it
Proposal: let’s send 2 or 3 messages a day in the next fortnight. One from each volunpeer (and others who like to help). If we only translate 2 or 3 messages a day, then we would have the sending of the messages also spread more naturally. This has also the advantage that it spreads the load for our Chinese translators.
Will check with Jimmy or Redlee if they can find an appropriate email address or webform we can use as I can’t find it. Personally I think an email address is better as receiving those email from separate addresses would look more genuine and draw their attention in a more positive way.

Message to get across
Here is a proposal of the points we might want to get across to them:

• Peercoin is one of the top cryptos in marketcap and volume. Actual numbers are hard to get by besides coinmarketcap.com which doesn’t have the volumes of all exchanges Peercoin is listed, e.g. Vault of Satoshi is missing). If someone can find or gather actual data across all the Peercoin exchanges listed that would be great. A spreadsheet with some numbers is always nice.
  • Peercoin has a good economics model to server as a store of value
  • Peercoin nicely accomplishes coins like Litecoin and Dogecoin (I think Litecoin and Dogecoin are in the same market).
  • Peercoin has already a good presence across the world but appear to be under represented in the Chinese market.
  • Peercoin has already an active Chinese community
  • Peercoin is easy to implement as based on Bitcoin code
    and Jimmy’s
  • zero trading fee policy at huobi.com will definitely boost Peercoin’s trading volume in the overall PPC market, and in turn Huobi will also get a dominate position in Peercoin trading market.

We really need to think from a exchange point of view. What’s in it for them? Try to be creative with your thoughts and/or copy and paste from the above.

I suggest that we direct messages to Leon Li, the CEO and founder of Huobi.

Here is an example based on Jimmy’s and some of my above suggestions. I think it’s good to keep it brief and succinct.

[hr]

Dear Mr. Leon Li,

I have read your interview with Forexmagnates with much interest recently. In that interview you mentioned that you will evaluate the virtual currencies general market and its circulation.
May I suggest to have a good look at Peercoin (peercoin.net). As a Peercoin holder and community member, I believe that Peercoin has a good economic model which makes it very attractive to investors. Therefore Peercoin is a top player in the crypto market for some time. I think the zero trading fee policy at huobi.com will definitely boost Peercoin’s trading volume in the overall PPC market, and in turn Huobi will also get a dominate position in Peercoin trading market. This appears to me as a win-win situation.

Don’t hesitate to contact me directly or the active community at peercointalk.org if you like to have more information.

Kind Regards,

[hr]

Please don’t hesitate to comment if there are grammatical issues in the letter above. I’m not a native english speaker who just tries their best and is still learning.

Hope I motivated you to join. Please post your proposed letter and we will have it translated in the next few days. Gives us something positive to do why we are awaiting wallet developments.

Did anything ever come of this?

The language barrier is obviously huge, but I think it’s worth trying a few emails. Even if we could just send 5-10 simple emails in Chinese to see what the response is like. We wouldn’t even need to use the swarm/volunpeers thing like we are using for the American/European exchanges.

And the great thing is we could just change the address and send those same emails to the other main Chinese exchanges. I tried to find their contact information:

Huobi: 123@huobi.com

OKCoin: service@okcoin.com

BTC China: business@btcchina.com

I couldn’t find the email address for chbtc.com.

No, it didn’t go. Feel free to go with it.