Central checking point

I understand that PPC still has the central checking point and Sunny has expressed a few time he is planning to remove this. Is there a time frame when this will be done?? By having this check point, does this mean if Sunny wants to do a double spending
then he will be able to do so without controlling any coin or hash rate. (I knew this is very unlikely to happen but just want to know the fact), thanks.

[quote=“Percy520, post:1, topic:1745”]I understand that PPC still has the central checking point and Sunny has expressed a few time he is planning to remove this. Is there a time frame when this will be done?? By having this check point, does this mean if Sunny wants to do a double spending
then he will be able to do so without controlling any coin or hash rate. (I knew this is very unlikely to happen but just want to know the fact), thanks.[/quote]
I think we are all somehow hoping that wallet v0.4 would remove the checkpoint as it exists now and that we would move to the voluntary checkpointing model Primecoin has. This would return the choice to the community whether to use the functionality or not when it comes to it.

I can’t comment meaningfully on the double spending, hopefully someone else can chip in on that one.

1 Like