Branding

I’ll be out on some thin ice with this, but hopefully it’ll trigger the more knowledgeable.

Primecoin appears to be a mathematical masterpiece from what I’ve heard (I can’t verify it myself). Now, from what I gather most people don’t give two shits about math or the environment, but what’s in it for them. Often money. In this case money. The value in cryptocurrency to them is how well it can manage their wealth. Any to that goal extraneous benefits will probably only be something they tell other people with intention to show that they “care”.

I believe there are several benefits with Primecoin that hasn’t surfaced in its marketing. With this thread I hope to bring those forward.

[size=18pt]Adaptability[/size]
Primecoin supposedly adapts well to the market conditions. Push that.

[size=18pt]Sustainability[/size]
As with Peercoin, Sunny King has made sure the blockchain won’t inflate to a massive metaphorical ball and chain. We want to reach the moon, not be the moon. Primecoin has no cap, and is mathematically scarce. Can we translate what that means in practice for people using the currency?

[size=18pt]Why Proof-of-Work?[/size]
We should explain the role proof-of-work still has in the ecosystem. Why isn’t it rendered useless with proof-of-stake, Open Transactions, and such? Using Primecoin as a transactional currency, with Peercoin as the backbone has been a pervasive idea, but does it hold ground today?

In short I think the primary focus should be on how the currency’s characteristics benefit the holders of Primecoin, and let scientific benefits be secondary.

By the way, Primecoin.io is stuck on “$2.82 USD/XPM”.

In short I think the primary focus should be on how the currency's characteristics benefit the holders of Primecoin, and let scientific benefits be secondary.
--> Absolutely agreed
By the way, Primecoin.io is stuck on “$2.82 USD/XPM”.
--> This is currently being enquired to @super3 (designer of the current site)

I am trying to renew the site with Sunny King, and Super3 - Perhaps you could contribute with your marketing ideas.

BTW, did you have a look at these 2 links:
http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/2fml0e/12_reasons_to_invest_in_primecoin/

http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/2gy920/sunny_king_currently_working_on_a_sidechain/