Bounty plea

Looks like Vorksholk made a new thread for it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252664.0

I posted in there to give it a bump. I will contribute if someone is actually working on it. I’m sure people are holding out to release it until the bounty stacks high enough…

Oh no, CUDA implementation isn’t going to help the lot of us at all 8)

Oh no, CUDA implementation isn’t going to help the lot of us at all 8)[/quote]
I have a 460, 2 480’s, a 550 and 2 560’s that would LOVE a CUDA program :wink:

I have a 460, 2 480’s, a 550 and 2 560’s that would LOVE a CUDA program ;)[/quote]

CUDA only works with Nvidia GPUs. OpenCL is an open standard that works on AMD, Intel and Nvidia GPUs, besides CPUs. What good is open source if it forces you to buy hardware from a single vendor?

I have a 460, 2 480’s, a 550 and 2 560’s that would LOVE a CUDA program ;)[/quote]

CUDA only works with Nvidia GPUs. OpenCL is an open standard that works on AMD, Intel and Nvidia GPUs, besides CPUs. What good is open source if it forces you to buy hardware from a single vendor?[/quote]
While OpenCL does work, CUDA is far more efficient on nVidia. I get 2.5x mining hash running CUDA over OpenCL. You don’t want to buy new hardware, so you want OpenCL, I don’t want to buy new hardware, so I prefer CUDA

May I suggest someone give out rewards to people who HELP others with their Prime coin issues or recruit buyers bloggers Video makers etc…
Also invite users to participate by donations to the fund.
Publicize each gracious donor. this could be way to develop a legacy of supporters and give confidence of stability to investors
Encourage a guild or co-op to prevent mining monopoly and promote a more ethical de-centralized opportunity to reduce the public stigma of mining.

A fund to reward helpers would take pressure off the experienced and build a chain of knowledge to strengthen the support by the community
When it explodes the wave of newbs will swamp the forum with the same problems…this could help ease that bottleneck and reduce frustration.

A MAIN “HELP me PLEASE” thread could be moderated to encourage desperate confused posters to recommend their HELPER receive a reward and become a helper themselves.
And keep the other thread from getting inappropriate traffic.
I’m sure many would even be happy to re-contribute to the fund.