Before Monday Hits, Please Go to Peercoin.net & Analyze the New Text for Errors

We’ve been making a lot of progress on the website the last couple days. All the text has been changed. What we need is for people here to analyze our work to make sure there aren’t any grammatical errors. If there is a factual error or maybe even a better way to state a sentence, please let us know so we can make those changes before Monday.

Already of note is that under features cryptocurrency is missing its o and under energy efficiency, generating is missing its i. These might be fixed by the time you read through it.

i prefer ‘Peercoin is an advanced and sustainable cryptocurrency’ to ‘Peercoin is advanced, sustainable, cryptocurrency’. also i don’t like ‘disrupting’ in ‘Peercoin is disrupting the exciting cryptocurrency landscape’. Perhaps ‘making waves in’ or ‘changing’ or something more like that would be better?

I mentioned your first point on Github before I posted this thread. The sentence seems incomplete without adding the word “an” in there. But I’m also not a grammatical expert, so I’ll leave it to those people to figure out.

I’m going to reach out to a friend of mine who is a content editor. I’ll see if she has time to review

Probably you need to check the Twitter button and Reddit button.
The Twitter button actually links to reddit and vice versa.

[quote=“redlee, post:5, topic:896”]Probably you need to check the Twitter button and Reddit button.
The Twitter button actually links to reddit and vice versa.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll put in an issue. These buttons are temporary anyway until we get the nice ones up in the top right.

Yes to the first.

Second could read: Peercoin is rapidly carving its own large niche in the electrifying cyrptocurrency landscape.

‘Disrupting’ is bad because it gives the impression of ‘attacking’ the other currencies when we don’t want that (also, we need some other cryptocurrencies to not just survive but to thrive as well; this in turn will help PPC)

‘Making waves’ gives the impression of something temporary and fleeting (though the phrase did help me come up with the above sentence - thank you)

We need a simple and powerful and ‘staking’ message to say something along the lines of ‘Peercoin is here, it is one of a kind, it is growing immensely and not just surviving but thriving in the present and will so in the future.’

I think I did ok with the above message. If anyone has something else, please add, change, criticize, it’s all good. 8)

Need to change the “eye” symbol to a “Light-bulb” symbol. The eye above where it says original innovation is just weird. Light bulb is much better as it reflects a new thought/idea and this would be better for representing a symbol above “original innovation”.

@mpetrovich49
yeah exactly! something like that…

also… i am really liking the intro text before the download now button… but i don’t like the peercoin tag with ‘the sustainable and secure cryptocurrency’. as it is an image, it must be really hard to resize and play with to look right. at the moment i think the sizing is too small and you can tell it’s an image. perhaps the ‘peercoin’ writing could be decoupled from the tag or maybe the tag could be replicated with css rather than part of the image?

Good work. I like the “sustainable and secure cryptocurrency”. I think having two blocks of text is too much - we could do away with the first completely, remove the “Features” heading. We could also move the “video tutorials” link next to the download link to shorten the page. http://imgur.com/hApANDH

I agree with above about “disrupting”: we want to give the opposite impression - something like:
“Peercoin is designed for long-term stability and sustainability, properties making it an ideal backbone currency in the maturing cryptocurrency landscape.”

In general text was better before - it is now hard to understand and features annoyingly end mid-explanation. I don’t think it is necessary to explain the hybrid pow-pos system on the front page: just focus on the fact that Peercoin uses pos.

“media” and “services” link lists at bottom (perhaps with logos of the media organisations) would really add to the impression of the legitimacy of the currency.

It would be great to find someone with professional writing/marketing experience to craft this.

got an issue with horizontal scroll bar but could not post attachment. will try and post on github…

Add http://markets.d7.lt/ to the Info links section in the footer.

I might change the start page: “Through an innovative minting algorithm, the Peercoin network consumes far less energy, maintains stronger security, and rewards users in more sustainable ways than other cryptocurrencies.”

to

“What is Peercoin? Peercoin is a cryptocurrency which, by using innovative minting algorithm, consumes far less energy, maintains stronger security, and rewards users in more sustainable ways than other cryptocurrencies.”

Also did you mean to put minTing algorithm or mining algorithm? its minting right now