Backing up peercoin wallet

[quote=“daFendi, post:20, topic:963”]To keep this thread going.

I have done a similar thing to OP, except backed it up on an encrypted partition.
My question is…how do I make a paper-version of the private key? and if I do…how do I re-use when the time comes?[/quote]

i think you need http://primecoin.org/bitaddress for that

I’m not sure how that link helps me with determining the private key of my current wallet…
total noob here…

I can’t find a ‘wallet.dat’ file to simply copy and paste.

However I do have the following files with a ‘.cpp’ extension:

wallet.cpp
walletdb.cpp
walletdb.h

What is .cpp?

And why can’t I locate the wallet.dat file?

(yes, I do have PPcoins in my wallet)

Any help would be great, thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I am grateful for the help I have received in this community. If I am able to follow Bens guide of PoS minting on mac I am going to dedicate my first stake to either ben or give tips on reddit to help grow peercoin

[quote=“mpetrovich49, post:23, topic:963”]I can’t find a ‘wallet.dat’ file to simply copy and paste.

However I do have the following files with a ‘.cpp’ extension:

wallet.cpp
walletdb.cpp
walletdb.h

What is .cpp?

And why can’t I locate the wallet.dat file?

(yes, I do have PPcoins in my wallet)

Any help would be great, thank you in advance :)[/quote]

Hi mpetrovich49,

If you can provide a bit of background regarding your setup, I’d appreciate it.

[ul][li]What operating system do you use?[/li]
[li]For the files you listed above, can you please let me know what the path is to reach them? (e.g., [font=courier]C://…/…/PPCoin/[/font], or [font=courier]~/…/…/PPCoin/[/font])[/li]
[li]Have you tried to back up your wallet from inside of PPCoin-Qt before? You can find this command in the file menu, File > Backup Wallet[/li][/ul]

Files with the .cpp file extension are C++ related, so my initial thought is that you’re looking at the source files that are used to compile the PPCoin-Qt app (for example, [font=courier]C://SOMEDIRECTORY/PPCoin/src/[/font] ), rather than versions that would exist after you’d compiled the application.