[ANN] Primecoin GPU miner: 1.2 chains (6.7 XPMs) / day

Main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548230.120

bitcointalk is down atm :frowning: would be nice to just “quote” the OP and any feedback comments from the thread for such occasions… Thanks for sharing and eager to give this a try :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/21p54n/gpu_miner_12_chains_67_xpms_day/

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:2, topic:2130”]bitcointalk is down atm :frowning: would be nice to just “quote” the OP and any feedback comments from the thread for such occasions… Thanks for sharing and eager to give this a try :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Basically the openCL miner is tuned for AMD 7970 and is said to be 50x faster than an i7 920 cpu miner, and 20x than an older AMD GPU. It is undergoing public test now. Every tester gets a miner can only run with his/her GPU.
Because 6.7xpm/d is quite profitable I think many who has 7970 will start to mine XPM.

edit: 790->920

[quote=“mhps, post:4, topic:2130”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:2, topic:2130”]bitcointalk is down atm :frowning: would be nice to just “quote” the OP and any feedback comments from the thread for such occasions… Thanks for sharing and eager to give this a try :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Basically the openCL miner is tuned for AMD 7970 and is said to be 50x faster than an i7 790 cpu miner, and 20x than an older AMD GPU. It is undergoing public test now. Every tester gets a miner can only run with his/her GPU.
Because 6.7xpm/d is quite profitable I think many who has 7970 will start to mine XPM.[/quote]
Ooo excitement as guess what gpu I have :slight_smile:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Will do, Fuzzy. Here a screenshot from user at Bitcointalk:

Im testing the GPUminer from primeGPU.

This miner works! I got a block in less than 6 hours with 2 x r9 280x + 1 x 7950!!

Another nice one :slight_smile:

Here’s a snapshot from my 2x 7950 rig running ‘PrimeGPU’.

Should have another two 7950 cards moved over tonight.

There hasn’t been much talk here of this miner, but it does work well. Though the price seemed high at first, I have easily paid back the license cost an I am thinking of moving another computer rig over to this. I wanted to thank the developers and post performance numbers to show improvement. This new release was a good bump in performance. This is on 3 x 290x.

Est. average CPD 6.62

Gpu 0 time 139
Gpu 1 time 117
Gpu 2 time 121