[DEFUNCT] Peercoin Android Wallet 3.2 Released

[member=32109]Thireus[/member] I don’t know of anyone that could do the iOS wallet, though if anyone wants to, they are free to use my getvalidhashes API for an iOS wallet: https://peercoinexplorer.info/q/getvalidhashes

Here’s the Java code which demonstrates the usage of the API: https://github.com/MatthewLM/peercoinj/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/matthewmitchell/peercoinj/store/ValidHashStore.java

Is this wallet full validation, centralised or SPV?

[member=31813]No_2[/member] Please see the first post: "The application uses a centralised server to validate blocks but private keys are never shared. ".

Thanks. Do you know if the centralised server is made available in the source code?

Thanks. Do you know if the centralised server is made available in the source code?[/quote]

Yes: GitHub - MatthewLM/PeercoinAbeExplorer: Abe Explorer adapted for peercoinexplorer.info

Take a look at the getvalidhashes API method, which is used for the Android app blockchain validation.

Thanks MatthewLM.

Looking at:

https://github.com/MatthewLM/PeercoinAbeExplorer/blob/master/Peercoin-Abe/util.py

Line 92: Why are 4 bytes appended? Is this the address checksum?

Line 107: Why are 24 bites removed from the front and 4 from the end of the address?

Unless I’ve misunderstood something?

Yes it is

“bytes[:-24]” is a strange way to get the first byte in the 25 long address data. “bytes[-24:-4]” gets the rest of the data apart from the last 4 bytes, ie. the checksum. Make sure to look at python list slicing.

i finally got an android phone, and tried installing the android peercoin wallet, can someone explain why it needs access to Photo/Media/Files, and also the camera ???

Hi irritant.

The camera is needed for the scanning of QR codes. The “Photo/Media/Files” permission is used to write wallet backups to external storage media. These permissions are therefore necessary for the correct and full functioning of the application.

Matthew

[quote=“MatthewLM, post:109, topic:2846”]Hi irritant.

The camera is needed for the scanning of QR codes. The “Photo/Media/Files” permission is used to write wallet backups to external storage media. These permissions are therefore necessary for the correct and full functioning of the application.

Matthew[/quote]

thanks for explaining! :slight_smile:

[size=18pt]New 3.0 Release With Many Features and Improvements[/size]

Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matthewmitchell.peercoin_android_wallet
Get the APK directly: https://github.com/MatthewLM/peercoin-android-wallet/releases/tag/v3.0

Today I am pleased to announce the latest version of the Peercoin Android Wallet. This release offers many new features. To support this release I am taking donations (thank you) from Peer4Commit: http://peer4commit.com/projects/129/distributions/405. I am also using an affiliate deal with Shapeshift to support this release and future developments.

[size=12pt]Shapeshift[/size]

You can now use use your Peercoin to pay in multiple cryptocurrencies. Simply copy an address or scan a code for a supported coin. The app will show you the rate, and the amounts in both Peercoin and your chosen destination coin. All you need to do is enter an amount and press send; the app and ShapeShift will take care of the rest for you. If you specify an amount in the destination coin, ShapeShift will also pay that exact amount, meaning you do not need to worry about exchange rate fluctuations. It couldn’t be easier.

The supported coins in this release are: Bitcoin, Blackcoin, BitcoinDark, Clams, Counterparty, Dash, Digibyte, Dogecoin, Feathercoin, GEMZ, Litecoin, Mastercoin, Mintcoin, Namecoin, Novacoin, NuBits, Potcoin, Quark, Reddcoin, Shadowcash, Startcoin, Storjcoin X, Swarm, Tether, Unobtanium, Vericoin.

[size=12pt]Trusted Server List[/size]

In previous releases there was a hardcoded server which helped the app to validate the blockchain by providing block hashes. Now you can set your own servers of choice. By going to “Settings” and then “Trusted Servers” in the menu, you will be shown a priority list of servers. You can rearrange the servers as you like. The highest priority servers will be tried first. If all of the servers of the same priority fail, the app will try the next priority and so on. By pressing “Add New” or “+”, you can add new servers. By default I have the existing server in New York, but I’ve also set-up a new server in London.

Servers must implement the getvalidhashes API. I have created new server software for providing this API which makes it easier to set up servers. You can find this software here: https://github.com/MatthewLM/valid-hash-server. The new London server uses this new software.

[size=12pt]Transaction CSV Export[/size]

By going to the menu and pressing “Export” you can now export your transaction history to a CSV file which you can then load into spreadsheets as desired. The app will provide the date, label, amount, fee, address, hash, and confirmations of each transaction in your wallet. This can be useful for book-keeping.

[size=12pt]DNS Seeders[/size]

I have updated the seed nodes to include the real-time DNS seeders found in the Peercoin client. This makes peer discovery practically instantaneous, and therefore improves the reliability of the app.

[size=12pt]Bugfixes and Improvements[/size]

I’ve gone through and made numerous bugfixes and improvements. The app should be smoother and more reliable.

[hr]

I hope people enjoy!

Matthew

Wow. That sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank’s dude!

How come you’re not implementing your own Shapeshift like solution? I for one would feel better about myself, knowing you’d earn some money. Maybe you were able to get a good deal with them? I hope you did! :smiley:

Thanks and no problem. The reason is that it would be very time-consuming to develop my own alternative to Shapeshift. It’s best to use them for what they are good at.

Posted on Facebook and Twitter…

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:114, topic:2846”]Posted on Facebook and Twitter…

Thanks for sharing.

I’ve just updated the SSL certificates on peercoinexplorer.info to use SHA-256. This will keep up-to-date web browsers happy and maintain optimum security. london.getvalidhashes.com, already uses SHA256.

Great job on these one MatthewLM these is a great Tool for PPC. Will be downloading soon to test it out.

Shared on https://twitter.com/EcoiningPPCPool

Thanks [member=31522]AquaTron[/member].

I’ve just released version 3.1 which contains a single bugfix relating to restoring wallets from backup. Before the app would not always reset the blockchain correctly but now it does.

first of all, thank you very much for such a great mobile wallet!

too bad no minting is possible though, which is what made me embark on my quest to get the coins from mobile wallet on desktop peerunity.

here’s what i’ve done:

1. made a backup from within android app

2. decrypted it on pc

3. read and dumped wallet contents using protobuf proto definition of wallet.proto

4. exported all wallet keys that had secret_bytes and converted them into WIF using Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Peercoin Wallet Generator

5. used importprivkey to import them into peerunity

6. launched Peerunity -rescan

but unfortunately, none of the keys exported on step 4 matched the addresses that I’ve used to receive PPC and peerunity does not show the balance from my android wallet.

please advise, what have i done wrong?

(i tried to use wallet tool jar, but i have some failed tests because of java drm, having ignored them, peercoin wallet tool still fails to build with uknown symbols from protocols)

[quote=“backpacker69, post:118, topic:2846”]first of all, thank you very much for such a great mobile wallet!

too bad no minting is possible though, which is what made me embark on my quest to get the coins from mobile wallet on desktop peerunity.

here’s what i’ve done:

1. made a backup from within android app

2. decrypted it on pc

3. read and dumped wallet contents using protobuf proto definition of wallet.proto

4. exported all wallet keys that had secret_bytes and converted them into WIF using Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Peercoin Wallet Generator

5. used importprivkey to import them into peerunity

6. launched Peerunity -rescan

but unfortunately, none of the keys exported on step 4 matched the addresses that I’ve used to receive PPC and peerunity does not show the balance from my android wallet.

please advise, what have i done wrong?

(i tried to use wallet tool jar, but i have some failed tests because of java drm, having ignored them, peercoin wallet tool still fails to build with uknown symbols from protocols)[/quote]

Once you are done with it, sounds like a good article for the Peercoin wiki.

[member=32708]backpacker69[/member],

I assume you are doing this to maintain the coin-age of your coins. I looked at the wallet tools and managed to get it working, but it will only work for wallets that are not encrypted. For wallets encrypted by the app you’d have to find a way to decrypt them first. Assuming you got the unencrypted wallet file it should work (fingers crossed).

Please give the new code a go: https://github.com/MatthewLM/peercoinj

Matthew