[ANN] Peerchain.co [ANN]

Ahem. Those “thousands of unneeded hashes” will be executed anyway if you mint all the time with current wallet. In fact it is much more wasteful because the wallet has to keep itself alive for months just to do those hashes.

It seems to me that the most efficient way to run the wallet is the way it is designed with 1 hash per second per 30+ day output in sync with the real time. If you attempt to explore the entire search space ahead of time you run the risk of “unneeded” hashes that would never have been attempted if the wallet ran continuously and then found it’s stake at the appropriate time. Also, a handful of hashes per second are easily slipped into otherwise idle cycles of a modern cpu so that minting is truly negligible.

However, considering the fundamentally constrained search space, I believe the entire wastefulness discussion is probably trivial to begin with… as is the game of predicting stakes.

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:19, topic:2563”]Enjoy ;D

https://peerchain.co/transactions/8b61210c1d97ddb45c5ef5e4508079eec905a1cbede59d40db5be1b9ec8eebd8[/quote]

I don’t get it - what am I looking at/enjoying?

It’s a donation for JetJet13. So he is the one enjoying :wink:

I agree. I just don’t feel good having a financial program running on my computer, with they privatekey in the memory space all the time, month after month, while knowing that the program is only supposed to find a block at basically a pre-etermined time.

Alright guys, the first set of updates to the site are done. :slight_smile:

[ol][li]In the block page, prev hash and next hash are hyper-linked[/li]
[li]Added navigate buttons (only 2 are showing the other 3 are disabled) Home, and Status[/li]
[li]The status page is up which shows network details along with the prev 24hr stats (loading times however, are unimpressive…memory limitations :frowning: )[/li]
[li]Cleaned up the css and html a bit. I couldn’t get the results I wanted for the mobile users because things aren’t resizing (especially text) the way I want them to. I however will continue to try and get things organized for the mobile ui. [/li][/ol]

The next thing on my list is the api documentation to help with wallet development and the overall Peercoin ecosystem development. ;D

Cheers.

JetJet, you seem to have your own style for your website. I don’t want to interrupt that, but I took some letters from the Peercoin and Peershares text logos to make this up as an example. Just imagine the “a” didn’t have a leaf in it and only the “i” did. Also, I’m thinking of what it would look like reversed, where the blue parts of the site were green and the green little buttons were blue instead. Then it would have a more Peercoin related color theme, black, green and white, with a tiny bit of blue. Is this something you would want to do, or would you rather keep it the way it is?

Also, you should open up a project page on Peer4commit , so people can find the website and donate to it.

Sunny, is it true that the current PPC daemon doesn’t support accepting a signed transaction? I just had this conversation with the blockr.io folks:

[quote=“Chronos”]Regarding “Push TX API allows users to push signed transactions to the network,” your API states, “Note that PPC coin unfortunately does not have this functionality enabled.” Is this something you’ll be adding in the near future?

Thank you!

[quote=“blockr.io”]push tx is done via the official coin programs. All coin programs (daemons) have push tx api only the PPC doesn’t. We’ll enable it if they add it to their daemon.

Regards,
Blockr.io team[/quote][/quote]

The develop branch (v0.5) is now synced to bitcoin v0.8, so it should support raw transaction related features, although the branch is not considered stable yet. Try it out on testnet first.

Hey guys,

the second update to Peerchain.co has now been pushed live.

[ol][li]API support now available, go check them out ;)[/li]
[li]I added PoS difficulty on the status page (something I forgot about in the first update) [/li]
[li]I Started a twitter account for the site, https://twitter.com/Peerchain @Peerchain feel free to follow and get updates regarding site maintenance and what not.You can also ask me questions on there or post suggestions as to what I should add to the site :)[/li][/ol]

for the next upcoming update: some charts, and About page

Cheers.

Very nice! I’m looking forward to playing around with the wonderful selection of APIs you’ve provided.

Would it be possible to add an API down the road that returns the current average block time (past 24hrs)?

I have just added the daily averages for POS and POW block time to my Google Fusion Table:

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1yFAWEkXqKXuKwwtCuh47lKuyw3HJAi3tPxlO3RgI
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1yFAWEkXqKXuKwwtCuh47lKuyw3HJAi3tPxlO3RgI#chartnew:id=12

7 and 30 days moving average stats are also available.

Hey guys,

unfortunately, at the moment, the site is down due to my goDaddy server being down. They told me its a top priority, so we’ll see how long it will be before I can access it again. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Cheers.

Alright guys,

The site is back up now and updated. Things that I have added:

[ol][li]I’ve added a feature were the title of the page changes to whichever page your on (check your tabs in your browser) :slight_smile: [/li]
[li]A chart page displaying 5 different charts. click the buttons to navigate through.[/li]
[li]An about page that provides details about the site and its features.[/li][/ol]

Cheers.

A new update has now been pushed live to https://peerchain.co . Features added:

[ol][li]some animations to make the site more interesting and fun :)[/li]
[li]An orphan block chart that shows the number of orphan blocks in every 144 blocks (~24hrs.) [/li]
[li]A table that lists all the blocks in the network (click “all blocks” to see it)[/li]
[li]I redesigned the header so the buttons and status bar are centered[/li][/ol]

Cheers.

Very interesting. Is that number of orphans your server detected? I think for those days showing “0” there was no data, right? If yes maybe nothing should be shown, not even 0, so that people don’t think there was some thing happened to the network starting from Jun 25.

Hey mhps,

So,yes, on the chart, the points at (date,0) mean that in 144 blocks, there were no orphan blocks.Moreover, the ppcoind on the server has only seen those orphan blocks displayed in the chart. However, those aren’t all the orphan blocks in the network, because my client has only been running for roughly two weeks and so It only records the ones that it picks up while its connected to the network. On another note, the only way to know the total number of orphan blocks, is if someone has had their ppcoind client running since the launch of PPC,which I doubt ;).

Cheers.

Query Yielded No Results ???

Maybe the chart should draw no dots at y=0 on dates more than two weeks before now, so people know there was no data.

Maybe Sunny has a huge log of how the network has been working since the beginning. I think he has been running a few nodes all the time. Anyway I don’t see why not PM him and ask.

What is the point of the connectioncount here: https://peerchain.co/status ? Looks like it shows how many nodes are connected to the server, but it won’t go over 8.