[ANN] Indicium Series A

I think Crypto_Coiner and Cryptog work together. If you remember they helped bring the developer Eleven to B&C Exchange before Nu’s peg collapsed.

Sure.
Looking forward.

Hi, We discussed and felt that before Series B at least there is no urgent need for recruiting extra developers given the limited scope of MVP baseline.Thanks for your offer.
You are welcome to become an IND holder.
Best regards
mhps

Dont hesitate to contact me any time.
Meanwhile I ll keep on considering indicium

Announcement and account on bitcointalk:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1880443.new#new

3 Likes

As can be seen directly on a block explorer, Indicium has received approximately $80k in funding from numerous sources. It is safe to say at this point that unless both Bitcoin and Peercoin undergo a massive devaluing in the next month, Indicium will be developed. Funds raised above the minimum goal will be used to produce a better, more complete product which will promote a higher Series B valuation. We will begin a wait list as pledges approach $150k to avoid exceeding our maximum funding limit.

The current state of funding can be seen at the following addresses:
Peercoin Multisig
Bitcoin Multisig

You can read our minimum achievement announcement and definition of the ‘waitlist’ here:

4 Likes

It’s intriguing –
But I did not get how it makes money –
Any projection?
If I invest, I want equity in the revenue so I want to see some slides on the revenues for sure

You could try reading the white paper.
There’s a whole chapter dealing with it.

3 Likes

Seems like you are going to use the funds to develop peerassets at the same time.

Also what is the exact reason you want to incorporate?

Indicium is a PeerAsset. It is in Indicium’s best interest to have PeerAsset devs invested and on the payroll.

There is no plan to incorporate.

2 Likes

There are some projects that took/take snapshots of the bitcoin blockchain to distribute coins (e.g. Clams and Byteball).

The Iconomi project registered their bitcoins and received 9.766% of the initial Byteball distribution. Read about it here: https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-acquires-9-766-of-byteball-initial-distribution-free-of-charge-cd9c4a5d49ac

Question: Will Indicium register the bitcoin it’s raised to participate in future distribution rounds such as the next Byteball distribution on May 11th? And if so, do you have any plan for those coins?

If the company can get free money, why not? If they’re worth nothing, then there is no loss. If they are worth something, they can be liquidated and used for our own purposes.

All Series A funds are to be used for realization of the Indicium business proposal.

I don’t doubt that. If you have no plans on registering for these distributions, that’s fine by me.

We aren’t going to invest in startups with this money. It’s possible we may offer a product somewhere down the line that does something like that, but the funds we’re raising now are for paying developers. As such, we are looking to hedge against volatility as much as possible rather than take on more risky endeavors.

I don’t think you understand. Certain projects, as a way of piggybacking off bitcoin’s distribution, will take a snapshot of bitcoin’s blockchain. And at the moment of the snapshot, they distribute their own tokens proportionally across all those addresses.

Indicium can, without spending any money, link/register its bitcoin address and receive free tokens proportional to the number of bitcoin in the address at the time the snapshot is taken. Byteball, for example, is doing another snapshot on May 11, 2017. If you register for the distribution, you receive their tokens for free. Then Indicium can simply keep those as part of its assets.

To be clear, this isn’t an investment. You’re just saying “I have bitcoin in this address and I want to participate in this round of distribution.” Anyway, it’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

If we can claim distributions like the one you mention, or like the BKS distribution (which also had some to bitcoin users) then we will. We will likely convert such funds into currency we can easily store in our multisig reserves (such as bitcoin and peercoin) as soon as possible.

I’ll look into registering us for byteball, I’m not sure they will accept a multisig address. We will not go far out of our way to make something like this happen (for example we will not move funds out of the multisig address for this purpose), but it is definitely a good tip. Thank you.

2 Likes

Excellent. If they’re giving stuff out for free, why not, right?

With almost 62,000 PPC and 38.12 BTC the current funds total close to $170,000 at current rates.
Nice!

1 Like

We are pleased to announce that Indicium has received over $150,000 at current rates. We have begun the process of waitlisting pledges and will continue to do so until pledging closes on Wed, May 24th at 23:59 UTC. As a reminder, prices will be chosen using financial instruments such that direct price manipulation will be avoided as much as possible. As such, the final price may deviate from naive ‘last price’ mechanisms. If the final price is such that the current bids exceed $250,000, the multisig will return the funds of the most recent blockchain transactions first. If the final price is such that current bids fall short of $250,000, we will prompt the waitlisted users to send their funds such that we attain funding as close to our limit as possible. These users will have one week to send funds and secure their bid.

Please DO NOT send additional funds to our multisig addresses until prompted after Series A closes.

7 Likes

Is the funding over? I want to invest…