[ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! ------- DEAD

i cannot mine using your miner unfortunately :’(
i’m trying your miner on my core i5-2450M sandybridge , i’ve compiled it exactly like hp10 with only difference that i made it using make -f make.unix primeminer , it built successfully , but doesn’t work , here’s how i execute it :
primeminer -pooluser=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -genproclimit=4
here’s what i get :
http://pastebin.com/QybCxJ99

what should i do ?
PS : i did the same on my fedora machine and it’s working just fine !!
PPS : i forgot to tell you that my computer is running ubuntu 13.10 beta AMD 64

is there a way to get performance metrics ?

http://www.beeeeer.org/user/ will tell how many chains you have found. You can time it can get chains/hour.

Hello

@ig0tik3d:
yup, good idea. i will look into that as i have to configure/install mingw for 64bit and build all the libs again.
i’m currently not on a windows machine, please be patient.

@super3:
ok. atm i think the minimal website is sufficient (form-follows-function :wink: )
thx anyway, we’ll come back to the offer, when everything works.

@manawenuz:
looks like an uncommon error, let’s debug, can you change the following line of makefile.unix:
DEBUGFLAGS=
into
DEBUGFLAGS=-g
and (install gdb (sudo apt-get install gdb) and) run
gdb --args primeminer -pooluser=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -genproclimit=1
there will be a prompt, type in “run”, wait for it to crash, then type in “bt”, and PM me the console output of gdb

the miner should give you an output like this every minute:
2001-01-01 05:11:16 primemeter 6275420 prime/h 149684368 test/h 720 5-chains/h 1.643551 chain/d
5-chains/hour and chains/day and the old prime/hour (calculate primes/s) should give you a hint about your performance

@all:

gentlemen, we’ve found a block: http://www.beeeeer.org/block/151881 with ~33k shares
payout will be executed in ~50 hours. i think i will execute it manually to monitor the whole process
everything has to start small, right? :slight_smile: gj

• xolokram

[size=5pt]ps. pool restart incoming (minor code changes/bugfixes)[/size]

what port i need set to connect to pool with jhPrimeminer?

[size=36pt]PORT 9912[/size]
[size=6pt]now with 100% support for the blind (and deaf)[/size]

BUT i have to fix something with the share submission code @pool first to work with jhprimeminer properly
otherwise your shares will end in nirvana, sorry
fixed

hey there … your miner is great … expecting 0.7XPM from first block …

I have a short feature request:
could you make the miner read the config stuff from a file instead of prameters?

Thanks

hi

thank you. I will write down the feature request in the todo-list on OP.
FYI there’s still the payout barrier of 3 XPMs you’ll have to reach.

good news:
I fixed the share submission part of the pool to accept work from the jhPrimeminer. Don’t get confused, when jhPrimeminer tells you, that the server rejected the share (just check you personal stats on the pool info page and you’ll see details about your submitted shares). Be aware, that mumus edition (why is it called mumus?) of jhPrimeminer v7.x still has a bug in the ‘getwork’ protocol, you’ll need to fix the bug in the source code first (see OP for more information or wait until somebody will fix this for you). All other versions not based on mumus v7.x —should— work properly.

reminder: i’m not your personal tech support for jhPrimeminer (Quirlorimbo is your tech support - lol, he’ll hate me for this!)

• xolokram

have an other question

Can I mine on the same address using different machines? or will there be a collision?

you can mine with different machines on the same address! no problem, i do it as well.

anybody can compile binary with fix mumus version jhPrimeminer for win64?

Because mumus on bitcointalk.org forked the official jhPrimeminer and greatly improved it. Mumus was subsequently improved by rdebourbon to make the “rdb” version, which at some point was improved by cabin. I think I got it right. It’s interesting that you don’t seem to know much about all these and developed the your miner based on mikaelh’s miner.

By the way, as a minor interface improvement request – I don’t think anyone is interested in seeing the long block string for every get_work. The miner only needs to show that the threads are alive, what the performence is, and shares are found.

A GUI miner for this would only take a few hours. Do you think you can implement multiple workers for the same address?

Just found this on http://www.beeeeer.org/block/151881 :

"AeUD8XG5Hb2QWghuHAQ94JPEJhSvatDnEM": { "0": 19, "6": 1109, "7": 91, "8": 9, "9": 1, "151881": 1, "-6": 1 },
whats the 151881 telling us? a chain of length 151881????????

[quote=“xeroc, post:34, topic:342”]Just found this on http://www.beeeeer.org/block/151881 :

"AeUD8XG5Hb2QWghuHAQ94JPEJhSvatDnEM": { "0": 19, "6": 1109, "7": 91, "8": 9, "9": 1, "151881": 1, "-6": 1 },
whats the 151881 telling us? a chain of length 151881????????[/quote]

That is block number in the block chain. Looking at the shares you made basically you hit a block by the first 9-chain you submitted. That is a 1 in 7 chance at current difficulty. Very good luck! :smiley:

btw you can also see that n length chains are ~10 times rarer than n-1 length. If anyone has a lot of shares and the shares have significantly different ratios s/he is probably gaming the system.

the blockheight number (>100000) in the shares indicates that “AeUD8XG5H[…]JhSvatDnEM” has found the block (aka his/her share was responsible for hitting the target length)

@mhps:
I didn’t really used ypool alot (just tested it once). That’s why jhPrimeminer was never really an option for me (along the fact that it’s not multi-platform). I solomined alot (with mikaelh’s client) and then started someday working on my own pool software. Quirlorimbo was the guy who convinced me of trying to add support for jhPrimeminer for the pool (kindof).

thanks for the clarification on their versions. less verbose output? yeah, let’s see :slight_smile:

@super3:
you can let multiple miner mine for the same address!!

[quote=“xolokram, post:36, topic:342”]the blockheight number (>100000) in the shares indicates that “AeUD8XG5H[…]JhSvatDnEM” has found the block (aka his/her share was responsible for hitting the target length)

@mhps:
I didn’t really used ypool alot (just tested it once). That’s why jhPrimeminer was never really an option for me (along the fact that it’s not multi-platform). I solomined alot (with mikaelh’s client) and then started someday working on my own pool software. Quirlorimbo was the guy who convinced me of trying to add support for jhPrimeminer for the pool (kindof).

thanks for the clarification on their versions. less verbose output? yeah, let’s see :slight_smile:

@super3:
you can let multiple miner mine for the same address!![/quote]Yes, I know. But how do I tell how each miner is doing? For example if one was just producing stales or was down I couldn’t really tell that because all the miner stats would be grouped.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Mh, unless you dont want to use multiple addresses, which isn’t really a good idea, you just can’t.
I will think about it, maybe I will use the password field for this. I will work up something.
there need to be way more statistics on the web front anyway — because everybody loves statistics, right?

• xolokram

ps. arrrgh, i hate the github web interface :slight_smile:
pps. block #2 with 27630 shares

another block just dropped in

http://www.beeeeer.org/block/152782

around 40 addresses with shares …
hopefully gonna be alot more soon …

but not -too- fast; i have to get a feeling about the stability of every component of the pool to find bottlenecks early on. ;D

• xolokram

ps. updated OP, minor changes